Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the last time i bought Civilization IV i had to give it away to a coworker because i'd been staying up to 3 am every night. i may be out of work now, but why why why did i buy it again??
Especially because Civ V is coming out in just weeks!!!

Morning traffic sun glare (soon to also become afternoon traffic sun glare). I have lived in Waukesha (work in Milwaukee) for 11 years now, so you think I would get used to it, but it seems to get worse every year. Took me over an hour both yesterday and today to get to work. What really ticks me off is the drivers at the Zoo interchange who think they are better than everyone else and ride the left lane and then cut in just before it turns off to 41/45 north http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You are a corporate trainer. Training is all you do. How do you schedule something for one hour, only to have it go two hours. No one even asked questions, yet your presentation went 100% longer than you scheduled. The rest of us have jobs to do, your only job is to train. How do you underestimate you time needs that badly, on a presentation you give all the time?

Highway 41 isn't part of the Zoo Interchange. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Well...it's 894, which becomes 45, which then merges with 41. I guess it's technically 45 at the zoo interchange and becomes 41/45 later, and then just becomes 41. I have lived in this area all my life (43 years) and I never really understood it:

Me: "I'm going to the Packer game on Sunday."

Someone else: "You taking 43 or 41."

Me: "41 I guess...or 45...I get them confused, they seem like the same thing."(...but I guess 45 splits off at some point and does not go through the fox cities)

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This is the area I'm talking about in this picture below. Except in the morning

the two right lanes are jammed with traffic and people speed down that left exit

only (ok, yes, it's 45 - not 41) lane and cut in at the last second (about where

that white car is). I was actually involved in a 7 car accident at this exact

location about 10 years ago because of some moron who decided he was too good to

"wait in line" with the rest of society.

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/ac12576999764fd890319d8b853858623021ab3.pjpg

Patrick, US41 takes a bend southeast at around Mill Rd off of US45 and travels along Appleton Ave until it meets back up with a freeway stub at the stadium interchange. That's why it's confusing to refer to it as part of the zoo interchange for people who solely rely on what it is when it connects w/ I-94. If US41 never hit I-94 elsewhere, it probably wouldn't be as noticeable. Going northbound from the zoo interchange gets you onto US45, it meets up with US41 5 miles later, and then the two diverge around where Slinger is. US45 goes to West Bend and US41 goes to Fond du Lac and beyond.

Anyways, what's bugging me is that today I encountered not one but two mice (on two separate occasions) in my basement. First one was captured in an empty strawberry container, second one was crushed by my rage between a milk crate and the wall.

I. Hate. Mice.

Patrick,

I'm with you on that area of the zoo interchange. What also gets my goat is I often take the northbound exit and end up following said moron who suddenly slows down right before the veer north to merge back on to 94E. I'm amazed I haven't been in an accident (yet - knock on wood). They need a divider that starts before the Hwy 100 overpass to end that garbage.

DatHoser[/b]]Patrick,

I'm with you on that area of the zoo interchange. What also gets my goat is I often take the northbound exit and end up following said moron who suddenly slows down right before the veer north to merge back on to 94E. I'm amazed I haven't been in an accident (yet - knock on wood). They need a divider that starts before the Hwy 100 overpass to end that garbage.

I believe they are scheduled to start reconstruction of the Zoo interchange in 2012 (or a few years later?). I'm guessing they will get rid of all left lane exits/entrances in the interchange similar to what they did in the Marquette Interchange. I'm also assuming they will get rid of the 3 lanes to 2 lanes to 3 lanes garbage.

At least at Goerke's corners (where 18 crosses over 94 in Brookfield), someone got smart about a year or so ago and they finally got rid of the ending left lane on 94 east bound. That has helped traffic out in that area.

At least at Goerke's corners (where 18 crosses over 94 in Brookfield), someone got smart about a year or so ago and they finally got rid of the ending left lane on 94 east bound. That has helped traffic out in that area.

I don't really mean to quibble over this, but that reconstruct didn't really help the flow of traffic at all in my opinion. Instead of the left lane slowing down to allow those people in the ending lane to merge, now people in the right lane have to slow down to let the people merge from the entrance ramp and the people in the center lane have to slow down to let the people in the right lane merge into the center lane to avoid the mess in the right lane. That's how I've experienced it anyway.

brewcrewman17[/b]]
Patrick425[/b]]At least at Goerke's corners (where 18 crosses over 94 in Brookfield), someone got smart about a year or so ago and they finally got rid of the ending left lane on 94 east bound. That has helped traffic out in that area.

I don't really mean to quibble over this, but that reconstruct didn't really help the flow of traffic at all in my opinion. Instead of the left lane slowing down to allow those people in the ending lane to merge, now people in the right lane have to slow down to let the people merge from the entrance ramp and the people in the center lane have to slow down to let the people in the right lane merge into the center lane to avoid the mess in the right lane. That's how I've experienced it anyway.

Possibly true. However, I have not really experienced this as I tend to drive in the left lane. The left lane is supposed to be the "faster" lane (Slower traffic keep right) or the "through" lane. It should be unimpeded by any merging. This is why they are trying to eliminate all the left lane on and off ramps when they do new interchange construction. Getting rid of that "ending left lane" has certainly speed up traffic (when there is not sun glare) in the far left lane at Goerke's corners.

Bicyclists who feel they are above both pedestrian and traffic law.
I deal with this every day in Madison and it frustrates me to no end. They have their own bike lanes here and still, they are out in the street next to the lanes......(on campus)

Whats bugging me right now is the Brett Favre slobber fest. We get it, the media loves to talk about him. But to hear the same stories year after year......ugh

At the moment, cryptosporidium is bugging me. My son contracted it somehow a few weeks ago, and passed it on to me. I was able to shake it with meds in a few days, but it was not a fun experience. My son is immunosuppressed, so he needs to remain on the meds awhile longer, and they are really messing with his system. The side effects of the drugs mimic the problems caused by crypto, so while he is getting better, he does not feel any better. Three years old is too young to have to deal with stuff like this, he doesn't understand. I hate it.

Instead of the left lane slowing down to allow those people in the ending lane to merge, now people in the right lane have to slow down to let the people merge from the entrance ramp and the people in the center lane have to slow down to let the people in the right lane merge into the center lane to avoid the mess in the right lane.
The problem is that the left lane, which existed for miles, abruptly ended. Everybody in that lane was forced to merge.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Scientists are trying to start the robot apocalypse.

We have developed algorithms that allow a robot to determine whether it

should deceive a human or other intelligent machine and we have designed

techniques that help the robot select the best deceptive strategy to

reduce its chance of being discovered

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Holy cow trwi7, that's what I was hearing after the fireworks. Although from here in the Hartridge area, all I could hear was thumping.

Fireworks scared my dog. Was pretty funny.

I thought somebody was pounding on my living room window during the first few until I remembered there were fireworks tonight. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Archived