Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you, Stallis, for deciding to do obnoxiously loud street work and line painting at midnight on a weeknight, instead of, y'know, blocking off a street for 3 hours during the day.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished with my last afternoon of the summer spent sitting in the AZ sun, drinking beer (and an occasional water), spitting sunflower seeds, reading Baseball Weekly (I refuse to call it Sports Weekly), and listening to jazz.

I'm having trouble holding back the tears.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What bugs me tonight is writing like this, from the Brewers' gameday program for the Houston/Arizona homestand:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs129.ash2/39766_1535378150107_1404434242_1397179_3101448_n.jpg

Presumably the word they wanted was "meteorically."

The Gameday programs have been in sore need of a copy editor for some time. I would be happy to offer my services, gratis. I'm not kidding.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

that stuff bugs me, too, hawing. i used to be a copy editor. for something that gets printed with the Milwaukee Brewers logo, there should be more pride and effort in the work (read into that what you will).

not to mention, how is it possible for something to be "somewhat" meteoric?

Steven Wright joke: If a word was spelled wrong in the dictionary, how would you know?

What's bugging me is that I can't see the poorly written sentence that hawing apparently posted. There's nothing after the colon. I have no clue why.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

What's bugging me is that I can't see the poorly written sentence that hawing apparently posted. There's nothing after the colon. I have no clue why.
Try this link

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Thanks for the e-mail, hawing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's now bugging me that I didn't think to jump over to a different browser to view this page. The photo would have shown up. I have its host blocked in Firefox because it slows down so many web sites.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'll tell you what's bugging me. I have on a few occasions (including today) had a family member or friend ask me to do something extraordinarily unethical (and illegal) with information that I have access to from my workplace (or in many cases, actually don't have access to). Before it was little stuff, but the request I received today was horrendously over the top.

Obviously I can't and won't go into greater detail, but for someone who's supposedly close to me to ask me to do something so blatantly illegal, which could threaten not only my employer, my job status, and could well land me in jail were I to actually follow through has me so righteously pissed that I can't even think straight concerning this issue.

I feel obligated to take this information to the authorities, and that puts me in a terrible position as well.

I'll tell you what's bugging me. I have on a few occasions (including today) had a family member or friend ask me to do something extraordinarily unethical (and illegal) with information that I have access to from my workplace (or in many cases, actually don't have access to). Before it was little stuff, but the request I received today was horrendously over the top.

Obviously I can't and won't go into greater detail, but for someone who's supposedly close to me to ask me to do something so blatantly illegal, which could threaten not only my employer, my job status, and could well land me in jail were I to actually follow through has me so righteously pissed that I can't even think straight concerning this issue.

I feel obligated to take this information to the authorities, and that puts me in a terrible position as well.

Kind of had the reverse happen to me one time. This woman called my sister (we run a business together), at her personal cell phone number, which she only had access to because she worked for a city utility company. It was regarding an issue with her son's account. Fortunately my sister basically told her to call the regular office business number and not to bother her on her personal cell again.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Oh, man, heresrobin is right. I remember another Gameday gaffe in the last year or two where either the phrase "AA Nashville" or "AAA Huntsville" was used.

I could see - maybe - misspelling "meteorically" and accepting the spell check's first suggestion ("meteorologically" perhaps?) without thinking. But dagnabbit, if you are writing for the Brewers, get the farm levels right.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Catch words and phrases bug me. They bug me a lot. Especially when they catch on all over the place. Corey Hart does not bat "in the 2 hole." He bats second. Perhaps players and managers use this type of jargon, but when others use it it is just ridiculous. Much like "getting a blow" or "taking a blow" in football as opposed to taking a break. Thank God "outlier" seems to be losing steam and hopefully will soon have run its course. Unforunately, "classless" continues to thrive; especially amongst 12 year olds, which makes it all the more annoying.

Archived