Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, I hate the Packers.
I don't mean you have to make something Packers, but chances are there's someone you know who likes them better and could find a use for the green and yellow. Incidentally, I am not that someone.

My sister makes fairly elaborate cakes for her kids' birthdays. The last one was a dragon. It was a piece of work.

I refuse to enable Packer fans. I am not that creative either. You get cake the shape of the pan. We have circles, squares and rectangles.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

There is a terrible radio commercial for a Fox Valley jewelry company (no, not the annoying Richard Kessler ads). It starts out with, "Have you heard of the Canardly diamond? It's a diamond so small you can 'ardly see it!" Ha ha ha ha! At least now I know what Jay Leno's writers were busy with during the strike.
Gruber Lawffices

The touch pad on my lap top is getting quirky. My main complaint is about one out of ten times, when the cursor hovers over a link or a text box I get a phantom click. It's pretty annoying. When I opened firefox this morning it opened 3 windows due to this phantom clicking.

Community Moderator

There is no right system when they have 30,000+ people going after 13,000 tickets.

I really wish they would use an incentive system to get people to show up on time for games. Anyone who gets their ID scanned before kickoff for 5 or more home games gets an automatic renewal for the next year. Problem solved.

There is no right system when they have 30,000+ people going after 13,000 tickets.

I really wish they would use an incentive system to get people to show up on time for games. Anyone who gets their ID scanned before kickoff for 5 or more home games gets an automatic renewal for the next year. Problem solved.

I agree about the incentive system for getting to the games on time, as a student who usually shows up 30 minutes before kick-off. I did, however, think this year went a lot smoother than last year, but still not ideal... but let's be honest, this is the UW Athletic department... they'll always be making someone angry.

The system for tickets my sophomore year ('07) was probably my favorite out of the three separate systems I've had the displeasure of experiencing... Freshman tickets were a lottery and everyone else was first come, first served.

Part of the delay in getting students into the stadium is the University's own fault for slowing down the process so much for student entry. My wife was a grad student a couple years ago when they had the stupid policy of basically walking in each student and filling the student section row by row. It took a friend of hers over half and hour to get to her seat so it didnt' really matter what time she got there unless it was an hour before kickoff. Plus I've never understood the angst by others over the arrival time of the students, they have the loudest section, stand up, have the best cheers, and are great in comparison to the dude behind me pounding Capt. Morgan's in his Dayne jersey who doesn't know jack about football other than complaining about every play call, ref call, tackle, coach, etc.

Thanks to my exterminators for getting rid of the bed bugs in my apartment.

But when you explain you are going to be spraying along the baseboards and outlets and I need to get everything off the floor, I didn't think I would need to cover my new plasma TV that's hanging 52" off the ground. The spray spots you got on the screen have now turned into streaks that I just can't get off. Thanks!

The comic strip Funky Winkerbean. For some crazy reason I thought comic strips were supposed to be funny, or at least amusing. Funky has become flat-out depressing. Cancer, car accidents, MIA soldiers, crappy economy, and now another car accident. If I want to be bummed out I have endless sources for that - I don't need it from the comics. Something must really be going wrong in Tom Batiuk's life.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On Friday we came home to find out a shelf in the wall came out. All four mollies (sp?) came clean out at the same time. I have every bobblehead given away by the Brewers. 8 of the 11 on that shelf now have major damage and may not be repairable. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• 3 weeks later...

So after 3 months at my job I was supposed to get a hefty raise. After 3 months I did not receive a raise at all. I asked the boss why, and part of the reason why, is that the janitor is an acquaintance of my ex's and because he didn't like the way I handled things with the ex, he has been talking [expletive deleted] about me behind my back apparently. I don't expect everybody to love me, but to sabotage me is ridiculous.

/rant

I'm better now

(edit: language --1992)

What's bugged me lately, upon arriving at our last 3-4 Brewer games, is a couple of guys who have decided to set up shop in the Giants/Molitor lot and stand in front of each approaching car with fistfuls of tickets to sell. They way they hover in front of each car and stare reminds me of the panhandlers in downtown Madison. It's unwelcoming at best.

I accept the occasional need to unload a ticket or two last-minute by fans whose buddies bailed out on a game, but this is obnoxious.

They've been there for months, basically they are unloading terrace reserved seats for $10. I've watched the bike cops just roll by without saying a word, even while they walk around and say "Who needs tickets?"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What's bugged me lately, upon arriving at our last 3-4 Brewer games, is a couple of guys who have decided to set up shop in the Giants/Molitor lot and stand in front of each approaching car with fistfuls of tickets to sell. They way they hover in front of each car and stare reminds me of the panhandlers in downtown Madison. It's unwelcoming at best.

I accept the occasional need to unload a ticket or two last-minute by fans whose buddies bailed out on a game, but this is obnoxious.

Ugh! This happened to me the July 5th game, Molitor Lot.

The two guys were stnading there, which would have been fine with me, except for the fact they stand one foot, maybe two feet in front of the stall. I though I was going to hit them.. So I asked them to "back off" and his snarky reply was "I'm not in your way".

I'm glad you mentioned that, Jimbo. I got an email reply today from a Brewers employee asking me to phone him at my convenience to discuss this.

May I use your July 5 experience as an example? (without naming you, of course)

I'm glad you mentioned that, Jimbo. I got an email reply today from a Brewers employee asking me to phone him at my convenience to discuss this.

May I use your July 5 experience as an example? (without naming you, of course)

Of course! Feel free to use my name.

Archived