Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2010)

RightFieldCoder

I got a new Twenty-Ten Brewers calendar today. JJ Hardy is the Brewer for September. OK, I get that. JJ was traded after the season. Maybe they obtained the pictures and had the calendar all set up before he was traded. I can accept that explanation.

What I can not accept is that June's Brewer is Bill Hall. Seriously?!?

And this calendar is published by a company in Wisconsin.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=573536#p573536

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2392

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a new Twenty-Ten Brewers calendar today. JJ Hardy is the Brewer for September. OK, I get that. JJ was traded after the season. Maybe they obtained the pictures and had the calendar all set up before he was traded. I can accept that explanation.

What I can not accept is that June's Brewer is Bill Hall. Seriously?!?

And this calendar is published by a company in Wisconsin.

Dude, I know what you mean. I was at Mayfair on Tuesday and they have a calender kiosk in the middle of the mall and they had all of their calenders 50% off. I need one for my work cubicle so I was gonna by the Brewers one. I seen Hardy and Hall were still on it and that changed my mind. I did not buy it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Calendars come out in Sept/Oct, so they need to be "turned in" to the printer months before.

Talk about a high margin item...they rarely cost the retailer more than 50 cents to $1...and often cost $10-15 at full price. Few items are profitable at 90% off.

Cincinnati's effort tonight....just makes those smug BCS idiots look good.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

My mother asked for some tech support for her PC, so off we went this afternoon. It turned out she had never installed a Windows update since getting the computer in January 2005 (thinking that they were Microsoft's attempts to sell her something). So it took a lot longer than I thought just to install SP 3 and download a browser newer than IE 6.

Her original question was about the camera card slot in her CPU, which has a bent pin and so is not accepting her camera card. I brought cables and installed the clunky (old camera) Kodak software and showed her another way to get her photos onto the computer. After that was when she pointed out the new printer, still in the box, which she bought 3 months ago but hasn't taken out of the box yet because she wants to get her money's worth out of the last ink cartridge in her old printer. The new printer, of course, has camera card slots. I wish she had shown me that sooner.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I received a notice in the mail yesterday from the Wisconsin Rapids Police Department. It informed me that I have an unpaid parking ticket from October. I had allegedly parked my car at 2:30am on a weekday. Very peculiar, since I live in Green Bay and neither I nor a vehicle I own have set foot in Wisconsin Rapids in ten years. Hopefully this can be resolved with a phone call, but I'm concerned with how many times people call them saying it wasn't their car.
Gruber Lawffices

Cell phone users... again.

I was in a waiting room in a car dealer yesterday. A guy about three chairs away from me decided to make a prolonged call, and of course, was speaking so loudly that you couldn't avoid hearing every detail of his conversation. Soon, the guy on the other side of me decided that he'd make a call, too, so I was listening to two conversations in "stereo." After a while, the first person moved to the showroom. That fixed his impact on the waiting room. However, instead, you could hear him all over the showroom.

Later, I saw a man talking on a cell while driving. He gave another driver the equivalent of the finger with the hand holding the phone. Somehow, I have to feel that if one is talking on the phone, he's lost his "right" to do this.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have some relatives that are seemingly very difficult to make plans with.

My wife's parents live way up north (a good four hour drive). We have known for the past week+ that they were going to be driving my broth-in-law back down here this weekend, as he goes to a nearby college and classes are starting up next week. We were under the impression that they were going to be staying with my sister-in-law and her husband in Waukesha. So, of course, what happens? This morning we find out they hadn't finalized plans yet.

My wife calls her sister, and she claims she thought they were staying at their aunt & uncle's (who also live near by). So it's a big back and forth all morning. My wife offers to let them stay here, but notes we'd have to change plans as we were originally planning to have MY sister and her husband over for dinner tonight. So they decide they're going to book a hotel nearby. My own mother has an "in" with one of the local hotels and access to a very nice discount. So I call my mom and make a reservation through her for the discount. My wife calls her parents and lets them know. So everything is set, right?

No, wrong. A little while they call back, and it ends up they're staying with my sister-in-law in Waukesha after all. Argh! This really goads me. Their family needs better communication skills, I guess.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I don't like being tailgated when I set my cruise control to 1 MPH under the speed limit in a well known speed trap.

I don't like being tailgated when I set my cruise control to 1 MPH under the speed limit in a well known speed trap.

Where is this speed trap...Mayberry? Are there really cops that give out speeding tickets for going less than 5 mph over the limit? It seems like it would be fairly easy to fight this based on accuracy of the speed gun.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'd rather know in my mind that I'm right and let the cop stop the tailgater. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Believe me when I say that I do have a natural lead foot. It's really easy to go 50 in some of these 40 MPH zones. 40 is plenty in these places, and 50 really is too much.

Anyone ever been to Rosendale WI? I know of 2 people who recieved tickets on the main street for less than 5mph over the 25mph speed limit. (on hwy 26) One was one of my grandparents visiting me in college (ticket read 28 in a 25) and the other was my college roomate's father. (29 in a 25) I think that is the only town I ever make sure to do the exact posted speed.

That bothers me a lot......

The t-shirt says, "Rosendale - Just The Ticket."

Rosendale police wrote 1,581 traffic tickets in 2007; they generated $72,036 in revenue. In contrast, Fond du Lac police wrote 451 tickets that year. The 2000 population of Rosendale was 923.

Jeff Wagner opines

The renovation at my library is almost over and today is the big relocation day.

What's bugging me is repeated conversations like this:

Visitor: I need to use a computer.

Me (gesturing around at the chaos surrounding me and the visitor): Unfortunately, our computers are being moved right now. They'll be accessible later this morning.

Visitor (now irritated): I need to use a computer.

Oblivious people - argh.

full moons and elementary student and the effects that the former appears to have on the latter--THAT'S what's bugging me.

Good thing Vodka/Cranberry is in da' house!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Let me guess, it's because they have a paper due that they've put off since the start of the semester or something, right?
The current semester began all of ten days ago, so no. Actually, the problem visitors weren't students, but members of the general public, including one who has a long history of pushing the envelope.

Archived