Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WIBA radio in Madison just had one of those station ID things where a player says, "I'm (player's name) and you're listening to Brewers baseball on Newstalk 1310, WIBA."

It was Jeff Suppan. I thought he couldn't hurt us anymore.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

Sirius/XM just changed over their channel lineup.

MLB Radio used to be 175, with all the Play-by-play channels ranging from 176-189 or so.

NOW, MLB radio is on 89, while the PBP channels remained where they are.

I USED to be able to just program 175 into one of my 5 pre-sets on my radio, and then just uptick the tuner a couple of clicks to find the game I want.

NOW, I have to either use of my 5 valuable pre-sets for channel 89 and ANOTHER on 183 so I can find games faster, OR just use one pre-set for channel 89 and then click the tune button about 100 million times to get to the PBP channels.

Whose asinine decision was it to change that??? Ludicrous, I say. And it bugs me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

As I was reading the directions that came inside a package of contact lens solution, I couldn't help but wonder why the print was so tiny. After all, everyone who buys the product has vision issues.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I really enjoy very well kept lawns. No one else in my neighborhood does. There are dozens and dozens of dandelions in everyone's yard, and I can't keep them away because of how many there are all over the neighborhood. I am hoping that a dedicated fertilizing program this year and next will help make my lawn much stronger, and less susceptible to dandelion infestation. It probably doesn't help that the previous owner of the house did nothing to maintain the lawn...

My softball swing is really bugging me right now. After watching some vids on youtube I am pretty sure that I am lunging at the ball and thus losing all of my torque in the process. Need to find a pitcher for some practice sessions...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Getting old (all of 31). When I played for BF.Net, I was playing softball two or three times a week April through October. I only play once a week now. My legs are still sore from my 4-5 Monday. Maybe I need to start running the bases like Lucroy so I don't have to spend as much time running around out there.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Oh, I agree....I don't patronize McDonald's very often either. But according to the article I read, this guy is 6'2" - 185lbs. and has low cholesterol. It's not like he's an obese guy who's going to be a drain on the health care system.

I usually eat a turkey sandwich for lunch, he eats a Big Mac. Big whoop.

Oh, I agree....I don't patronize McDonald's very often either. But according to the article I read, this guy is 6'2" - 185lbs. and has low cholesterol. It's not like he's an obese guy who's going to be a drain on the health care system.

I usually eat a turkey sandwich for lunch, he eats a Big Mac. Big whoop.

KegStand81, I'll bet (and I hope) you don't eat multiple turkey sandwiches a day, obsessively record your turkey sandwich intake and keep every wrapper/box/ziploc that held your turkey sandwiches. That's the stuff that gets me about this guy (along with his body apparently and remarkably staying in decent shape). Benign "bug" for sure, but a bug doesn't have to be big to get under your skin sometimes.

Racquetball league schedules. I'm only able to play at 2 levels at my club, and they put all 4 of those leagues on the same nights that I play softball instead of spreading them out over the course of the week. So, I have to either play way below my level, or not play. Very frustrating.

Was anyone aware of the crap mlb.com just pulled? They changed blackout rules on a whim and decided the game tonight would not be on mlb.tv, despite the Brewers and mlb sites saying it would. I called and talked to a moron who said they're not sure if this is a permanent blackout rules change, or just this once, but there was no reason given. All games tonight, even though they start outside of Fox's exclusive window, are blacked out.

I'm really bugged by people (relatives) who think money grows on trees, and have the nerve to get angry when someone puts a foot down about it, especially when that someone is now completely ignored.

I'm really bugged by people (relatives) who think money grows on trees, and have the nerve to get angry when someone puts a foot down about it, especially when that someone is now completely ignored.
Money problems among relatives is one of the worst things...
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Our new IT security at work, making me click "accept" to the fact that visiting brewerfa.net is indeed work related.

Good thing my boss flat out doesn't care. But it's still annoying.

What is it you do again? (Just trying to give you a "work related" reason to post. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif)

Archived