Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last two times I've been in Madison have been on Mondays. Mickies Dairy Bar is closed on Mondays.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

People talking to me about how great they are doing on their tourney brackets when they picked straight chalk. Congrats. I think you're the first to do that and you should be proud.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

MLB the Show 11's Trophies include winning the WS as the Cubs. Yuck. As a completionist, I want the trophy. As a Brewer fan, I do not want to play as and win with the Cubs. What to do?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

MLB the Show 11's Trophies include winning the WS as the Cubs. Yuck. As a completionist, I want the trophy. As a Brewer fan, I do not want to play as and win with the Cubs. What to do?

I think seeing that trophy empty makes it complete.

Is MLB The Show worth investing in a PS3?

That's probably the only game I can imagine playing--maybe that and a WWE game. It looks compelling, but I don't want to be too disappointed.

Is MLB The Show worth investing in a PS3?

That's probably the only game I can imagine playing--maybe that and a WWE game. It looks compelling, but I don't want to be too disappointed.

I wouldn't buy a PS3 just for one game, but "The Show" is pretty much everything you could ask for in a baseball game.

"Smackdown vs Raw" is pretty fun if you like WWE.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I bought my PS3 pretty much for "The Show" and I love the game. I bought it this past December, and the only games I've played are "The Show" 10 and 11. I have 2 unopenned PS3 games sitting on the shelf I'll get to at some point. Between playing seasons (I'm currently in the NLDS against the Cards in 10) and The Road to the Show (I have a shortstop hitting near .400 in AA, why am I still not the full time starter? 11) there is so much to enjoy. I fell in love with the series when I played my first game on PS2 The Show 09 and it played bell toles when Hoffman came in for the save.

The free streaming of Netflix movies is awesome. I can't stream for free on the 360 (stupid) and it looks like WMLW when I stream on the Wii.

I also love the fact that I don't it also doubles as my Blu-Ray player.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

This is my first time seeing WMLW, and I think it might be a deal breaker for me.

I think it's worse than standard definition. I expected to hear Earl Gillespie calling the game.

I'd much rather watch another game in HD than those darkened bluish blobs on WMLW.

Leaving Brewer games. We live in Waukesha and always park in the Fingers parking lot. I have it down to a science. If we leave right after the last out and race out to the car and beat most of the crowd it's a pretty clear shot to get on I94 west bound. However, with the I94 construction, we can not go our normal way. No problem I thought, I'll just go the other way to Miller Parkway and catch I94 WB from there. Nope, they won't let you go that way after the game. Basically if you live in the Western suburbs you can not get directly onto I94 WB from the stadium. I was really ticked about this on Tuesday night after the game.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

When I exit Miller Park to the north, I tend not to worry about how I'm spit out of the lots. It's easy enough to correct course once I'm out of the mess. I'm much happier to see that the car is moving rather than sitting in traffic.

I suppose you should consider Blue Mound Road. It's easy enough to enter the freeway farther west.

When I exit Miller Park to the north, I tend not to worry about how I'm spit out of the lots. It's easy enough to correct course once I'm out of the mess. I'm much happier to see that the car is moving rather than sitting in traffic.

I suppose you should consider Blue Mound Road. It's easy enough to enter the freeway farther west.

You are a lot more patient that me. I want to get on the freeway and go. There have been times (before the construction) that I have been in my driveway in Waukesha within 20-25 minutes after the game has ended. I don't want to have to go all the way out to Bluemound and then back to the freeway.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

We had the same problem on Thursday after the game. I think going eastbound onto I-94 and then somehow turning around would have been easier than heading up to Bluemound. The traffic was horrific up there and you could tell a lot of the drivers diddn't really know where they were going.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I start my brand new job on Wednesday (12-hour shifts including weekends), move into my brand-new apartment in a totally foreign city on Thursday, and my parents are coming to visit on Friday.

i'm already stressed out.

at least they'll be getting a motel. i don't even own a single chair for them to sit in. and they're going to want to see where i work, which i'm going to nix.

You are a lot more patient that me.

I can be impatient, too. The trick is to know what tests your patience the most and avoid that situation. For me, an alternate route that goes a bit out of the way is better than sitting still and not knowing when traffic might move.

I think going eastbound onto I-94 and then somehow turning around would have been easier than heading up to Bluemound.

Bluemound east (actually Story Parkway east) has worked for me. (A lot of people think of the main road as Bluemound while it's actually Story Parkway. Bluemound is the little street that heads into Piggsville.) You'd take Bluemound/Story Parkway to Wisconsin Avenue, then go west on Wisconsin. You can pick up US 45 from Wisconsin, or you and pick up either Bluemound or the I-94 from Hwy 100. I'd try this if I were heading toward Wauwatosa, Waukesha, or Madison.

A second option for Wauwatosa — or to go to the northern half of Brookfield, Menomonee Falls, or to head out of town toward Fond du Lac — would be to take 35th to State Street. State will definitely be a nice peaceful ride. If you need to pick up 45 northbound, you can do it at Watertown Plank Road.

Both Friday and today, we had relative success exiting the Molitor/Giants lot onto Blue Mound, taking the first cross street to Wisconsin, and Wisconsin was pretty empty from there to the Hwy 45 exit. We'll never get home in 20-25 minutes anyway (unless the Brewers implement Star Trek style beaming technology). I doubt this would work as well after a weekday game, but traffic seems to be worst after those games no matter what.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ok, Saturday was the opposite of Tuesday as far as leaving the "Fingers" parking lot to the south. This time they would not let you go towards the Genereal Mitchell Blvd exit, you had to go towards the Miller Parkway exit (which is where I wanted to go anyways). From there jumped on Miller Parkway, took that to West Bound 94 and made it home in good time. Someone running the show finally got smart.

As far as Tuesday night when we had to go towards the Mitchell Blvd exit (with the ramp to WB 94 closed), we went EB 94, took 41 north, got off on WI, got back on 41 south and then to 94 west. Sounds like a lot, but it actually worked out fairly well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

With all due respect to our resident weather man, OWBC.....

I HATE weathermen that act ECSTATIC when they're reporting on weather disasters. The guy in Merrill WI from the Weather Channel is darn near orgasmic as he's explaining the damage to homes and businesses. He literally has a great big grin on his face as he's talking. Hey, jackpipe. People's lives have been shattered. People's livelyhoods have either been destroyed or put on hold. This isn't exciting in any way, shape or form.

Time Warner Cable's phone "service" for SE WI has been down since at least 8:30 this morning. My opinion of them is best said on the political side forum.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

DatHoser[/b]]Time Warner Cable's phone "service" for SE WI has been down since at least 8:30 this morning. My opinion of them is best said on the political side forum.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif
Yeah today at work I tried calling 2 different 262 area code numbers and got "Due to network congestion your call can not be completed at this time". I then tried my cell phone and got through. I saw on JS online that TW was having phone issues today. So then I tried calling my house (we have TW phone service) from my work LAN line and got the same message (call can not be completed). I tried it from my cell phone and got through. Does it make any sense that you can call a TW phone from your cell phone but not a LAN line??

Archived