Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
Man, oh man, oh man...my wife's niece died of cancer today at age 25, and I just found out and old classmate of mine died last night of cardiac arrest at age 44. WAY too many young people have left my life in recent years. TIME. OUT.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, oh man, oh man...my wife's niece died of cancer today at age 25, and I just found out and old classmate of mine died last night of cardiac arrest at age 44. WAY too many young people have left my life in recent years. TIME. OUT.
Splitter, I can relate. I'll give no details here, but I know what it's like. Hang in there, man - you're in company.

looks like i just lost the ring that my brother gave me as a Best Man gift only a week ago. was my dead grandfather's. not expensive or anything, just 10k, and didn't have any meaning other than it was my grandfather's. but must have slipped right off my finger. will head back to the bar tomorrow to see if it was turned in, but that's pretty doubtful.

The hatred for Big Bang Theory in the IGT both here and at Gateway Redbirds. It is one of my favorite shows on tv, especially when they cancelled Stargate Universe. I wish I was more like Dr. Sheldon Cooper.

I can understand hating the overplaying of the commercials, but you knew TBS (and Fox) would do that for the playoffs. This is the reason they pay so much for the big sporting events, to run commercials for their own station.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

better than those Frank TV commercials that were jammed down our throats a few years ago.

On topic, it bugs me that they are promoting The Big Bang Theory coming to TBS beginning on Tuesday, where it has been playing almost 4-6 times daily for the last couple of weeks anyways.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

looks like i just lost the ring that my brother gave me as a Best Man gift only a week ago. was my dead grandfather's. not expensive or anything, just 10k
Where I'm from, $10K is a mighty expensive ring.
sorry, doubled-up on my symbols. i meant 10 karat gold. still, it really bugs me. just got it a few days ago, too.

A friend of mine is attending his first baseball game of the season...tomorrow night in STL...after chiding me on Facebook about how "people" don't take the Brewers seriously because they don't "respect the game and its traditions." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

one of my former students was in a go-cart accident on Sunday night. Broken jaw, paralysis, and in general pain.

Yesterday morning, they pulled plug.

This is a boy who was only in 7th grade. He wasn't the greatest student academically, but he always, always, always tried his very best in my music classroom. We really respected each other and he really looked up to me for leadership. He was one of the more popular and likeable students but he always knew to stay even-keeled. He was one of the small handful of boys that would be in chorus and drama as well as loving sports and other "guy" things.

I'll miss him. Two other boys in the same mold were there when the accident happened. They're pretty shaken up. I'm not anticipating the funeral but I expect the three of us will have a good old cry about it.

RIP Carl.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

and this deserves a separate post, but I'm losing my voice even though I'm not sick. It's like nature is taunting me, saying, "You were going to fly up to Milwaukee and lose it anyways, so might as well kick you in the throat regardless."

Thanks nature.

- - - - - - - - -

The fact, when disscussing the state of the Brewers with people, that Mark Kotsay has been described as clutch. I say That he's a pretty awful player, their response? He's clutch! Its just frustrating me right now. Along with the Cardinals winning Game 1.

The fact, when disscussing the state of the Brewers with people, that Mark Kotsay has been described as clutch. I say That he's a pretty awful player, their response? He's clutch! Its just frustrating me right now. Along with the Cardinals winning Game 1.

When you want to tweak a sabermetrician, just drop "clutch" into the conversation a couple of times. I like to say "Jeter is so clutch" every once in awhile just to get them going. It's fun! I hope Joe Sheehan and Keith Law are reading this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yGeA_PC563M/RxYRrk11qlI/AAAAAAAAAb0/U6vQe7wrcu8/s320/McCarver.jpg

I can't stand him to the point where I have muted the world series. THE WORLD SERIES.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The new Apple iOS 5 update. I lost approximately 1 out of every 10 of my cover artwork with the new update. They also changed the way artists and their songs are listed on your Ipod. For instance, say you have two of (fill in artist here) albums saved to your ITunes account. You also purchased a couple of singles directly from ITunes. All of those songs will appear under the artist name on your IPod. However, songs by the same artist will no longer appear under the artist name if the song appears on one of your saved compilation albums. I have numerous compilation albums (Now That's What I Call Music, soundtracks, Time Life collections, etc.) saved in my ITunes account.

Example: Before the update, I could select Johnny Cash, select all albums, and then select all songs. I would have my choice of about 20-25 songs. After the update, I only have a choice of the songs I saved from his albums American IV and The Essential Johnny Cash. The Johnny Cash songs that appear on compliation albums like Time-Life Contemporary Country or the Time Life Classic Country no longer appear under Johnny's name.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_yGeA_PC563M/RxYRrk11qlI/AAAAAAAAAb0/U6vQe7wrcu8/s320/McCarver.jpg

I can't stand him to the point where I have muted the world series. THE WORLD SERIES.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9678/tonylarussaeye.jpg
I can't stand him to the point where I can't watch the world series. THE WORLD SERIES.

*I'm not making fun of you. I understand the McCarver pain. The only good thing about this post season is that I won't have to listen to him this year.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

MLB's website:

I am trying to pull down some highlights from the season, to save for personal use (mostly Uecker audio), and it is such a royal pain to load a game and play a specific time within that game it is ridiculous.

Plus, it manages to crash firefox about 45% of the time I load a clip, then I get locked out, as my username/password has "been used too many times in a short amount of time"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived