Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is the first time in my career having to deal with a coworker i really dislike and who doesn't like me....today, when he ended our short conversation with a snide "Well, I guess I'm just smarter than you," i made the mistake of not saying anything but should have said how i don't appreciate comments like that.
ah, i'd almost forgotten an update on this since a couple people offered advice. for one, from coworkers' comments, i guess he's typically like this, so i guess he didn't dislike me. after this incident i generally made our conversations short and to the point (but friendly) and everything was fine. about five years ago i developed a stutter--not severe, but it shows itself on occasion. anyway, about a week ago, he made a joke of it when he was talking to me. my response was only a calm "yeah, i have a stutter." the day after he, gets to work and immediately comes up to me and apologizes for it, which was a kind gesture.

now he's super nice to me. although the strangest thing is that it feels kinda weird now.

i'm 33 now and i picked it up around maybe 5 years ago. my sister is in graduate school to be a speech pathologist and has talked to a practicing one about it and neither of them had ever heard of anybody developing one like that, especially at my age. so apparently it's uncommon (based on that extremely limited survey, anyway). only one time ever have i not been able to get a word out, so it's always been very minor--i really don't even notice it, myself, until family members tell me to slow down or friends/roommates admit they've heard me stutter. actually, since i don't hear it myself that makes me curious to ask some coworkers to see if they've noticed anything.

my sister calls it a stutter, but i don't now if it might be clinically something else. my family and i are completely stumped as to how/why it began.

but all that said, my problem is so very slight that in no way would i ever compare my issue with someone who has a true challenge with it.

I had a friend in college who had a severe stutter and he couldn't really hear himself doing it. He ended up getting a hearing aid type thing that helped him hear himself for a couple years and it made a world of a difference. It went from a pretty severe stutter to a very mild and barely noticeable one. I saw him for the first time in a couple years recently and I was shocked at how much it had improved without wearing the aid anymore. I can't really add anything to the science of it but I can vouch that stutters often are due to the person not being able to hear it.

We've had to dial 10 digits for local landline calls for several months, and I still haven't updated the numbers stored in my phones to reflect the change.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My last 5 jersey/jersey-shirt purchases:

Cameron, Escobar, Cain, (both bought after the season) Jermichael Finley, Carlos Delfino, Brandon Jennings.

I'm seriously considering going out and buying a Lance Briggs or Jay Cutler shirt this week.

I am surprised people still buy jerseys with player's names on them.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

two things:

1) My wife is a teacher and it seems they will never settle on a new contract. This probably means there is money not in our pocket that otherwise would have been. We would get a lump sum whenever in that case; but not with interest.

2) The number of days, hours, minutes, seconds that exist(ed) in this week before the game that shall only be named at lambeauleap.net

The fact that some self-styled historian would deliberately alter a document for personal gain. I'm sure I'm in a small group of people who are really truly bothered by this, by as an aspiring professional historian, this is despicable. History is sacred, and changing it to tell a better story or a story that will make you some money is just downright contemptible.

http://www.nytimes.com/20.../25/us/25lincoln.html?hp

• 2 weeks later...
Our local elementary school sent a letter home stating that no candy should be brought with valentines. This is for "Making healthy choices." Yet, the food service company is offering frosted cake squares and cupcakes for sale on Valentine's Day. Can they be any more blatantly two-faced about this?

DaT. I know this is weak,but part of it is also not to have kids pressured to buy candy for their pals. The cafiteta is also a controlled environment where the students can only get so much access...that is the company line and I'm sticking to it!

Our local elementary school sent a letter home stating that no candy should be brought with valentines. This is for "Making healthy choices." Yet, the food service company is offering frosted cake squares and cupcakes for sale on Valentine's Day. Can they be any more blatantly two-faced about this?
Good post, Hoser. . .

I experience similar frustrations with our own school. It seems as though they have several entities communicating stuff with parents, each in their own silo, sometimes at odds with each other, and all uncoordinated.

The nanny state is full of inconsistent silliness. You can't fix stupid.

I've pointed it out before, but it seems very curious to me the two biggest problems are childhood hunger and childhood obesity. I'm sure both exist, but to pretend they can both be huge trouble spots at the same time tells me the old media needs to do some digging.

Jen Lada's (Fox 6 Milwaukee) ridiculously over the top comment last night that if the Packers had not won it would have been "the worst disaster in the world".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Agreed Patrick. Not only did it show an embarrassing lack of perspective for humanity, but the sports world as well. The amount of adversity that team had to overcome was very significant. Losing that game still gives them a more than admirable season.

Watch out fellas, Jen likes to check websites and search her name on google and get after people who say anything negative bout her. One of the thinnest skinned media people of all time, which leads me to what's bugging me...

Media members like jason Wilde and trenni making a public display out of anybody who disagrees or makes fun of them on twitter. I understand that they want to defend themselves but you don't have to go after everyone in a public setting. Maybe it's just me.

Glad my kids haven't reached that age yet! Guess somebody on the staff has too much time on their hands. Decisions like that really annoy me too. Worry more about educating the kids and less about small matters like valentines. Let the kids have some fun with it for gosh sake.

So, my wife and my son are coming home from dropping one of his friends off at his house that is in our neighborhood. She was making a left hand turn and as she was partly in the intersection she noticed another car coming at her that she didn't see prior to her turn, partially because of the high snow banks. So, she decided to floor it to get through the intersection and avoid an accident. The car stopped and turned and followed her to our house. When my son got out of the car, the "chasing" car stopped and a young guy yelled out the window "I know where you live and I'll be coming back".

So, now my son is freaked out about it. I'm guessing the guy was just trying to scare us, but who knows. Now I gotta wonder if at some point he'll come back and egg our house, break a window, some other sort of vandalism..just because of a driving "error". I don't have a license plate or very good description of the car or the driver.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Patrick, that sucks that someone doesn't have a life and would threaten like that. While nothing should come of this, I did think of a couple of things. The first thing that came to mind is a fake surveillance camera, or two. I doubt the moron noticed anything when he was busy being a jerk. Another idea would be motion sensor lights. Both should be relatively inexpensive and provide some piece of mind.

Archived