Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DocLuna7[/b]]
Funketown[/b]]FOX's theme song for MLB games is the same as their theme song for NFL games. I think that song has been used for at least a decade, so it always makes me think football is coming on.

The NFL preseason coverage is also annoying. I like NFL football, I really do. I just don't care about the results of every preseason game.

Along the same lines, I find it hard to believe that WTMJ decided to broadcast a Packers pre-season game ahead of a Brewers game in August yesterday. We are a first-place team playing a division rival during the regular season and they choose to broadcast an exhibition game?

Yeah, not sure how long you have been a Brewer fan, but get used to it. This has always bugged me regardless of what place the Brewers are in. An exhibition game should NEVER supersede a regular season game. Over the years, I have learned to live with this the best I can, but it still steams me.

Yeah, I misspoke when I implied that I was surprised. I have been a Brewers fan for several decades and know that this has been a consistent policy for WTMJ. It bothers me a lot though, and just think it's pretty bush league that the station wouldn't go to bat for a first place team's regular season game over an exhibition game's preview show.

BF.Net is maddeningly slow for me today. No trouble with any other sites at all, just this one.
I submitted a help ticket earlier, but I haven't heard anything.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

DocLuna7[/b]]Along the same lines, I find it hard to believe that WTMJ decided to broadcast a Packers pre-season game ahead of a Brewers game in August yesterday. We are a first-place team playing a division rival during the regular season and they choose to broadcast an exhibition game?

Yeah, not sure how long you have been a Brewer fan, but get used to it. This has always bugged me regardless of what place the Brewers are in. An exhibition game should NEVER supersede a regular season game. Over the years, I have learned to live with this the best I can, but it still steams me.

Yeah, I misspoke when I implied that I was surprised. I have been a Brewers fan for several decades and know that this has been a consistent policy for WTMJ. It bothers me a lot though, and just think it's pretty bush league that the station wouldn't go to bat for a first place team's regular season game over an exhibition game's preview show.

I guarantee that the entire Brewer game will be bumped from 620 on Friday night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I guarantee that the entire Brewer game will be bumped from 620 on Friday night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Unfortunately, I'm sure you're right. I plan on calling and complaining to the station when they announce that this will be happening on Friday though I'm sure it won't do a bit of good.

BF.Net is maddeningly slow for me today. No trouble with any other sites at all, just this one.
I submitted a help ticket earlier, but I haven't heard anything.

It's much better now. Has been for a while.

Yeah, I think it's been better for about three hours. I received a response to my ticket, but all it said was that the developers would be made aware of the issue.

Unfortunately, I'm sure your right. I plan on calling and complaining to the station when they announce that this will be happening on Friday though I'm sure it won't do a bit of good.

It would be nice if the Brewers published a list of the alternate radio stations. They have a permanent list of statewide radio stations that normally play games. They should have a list of the other stations so you don't have to search for it. We were on the road to the T-Rats game on Saturday and had a hard time finding the game from Milwaukee all the way to Madison

So what happens if their is a NLCS or World Series game the same time as a Packer game? Would they really bump the Brewers or do they still not have a choice? Ratings would probably still be higher for the Packers which is a damn shame.

Thankfully I get to watch most of the games so it doesn't bother me too much what radio station is broadcasting what. Its not nearly as annoying as getting a Bucks game early in the season instead of a Brewers game when the Bucks are terrible.

So what happens if their is a NLCS or World Series game the same time as a Packer game? Would they really bump the Brewers or do they still not have a choice? Ratings would probably still be higher for the Packers which is a damn shame.

Thankfully I get to watch most of the games so it doesn't bother me too much what radio station is broadcasting what. Its not nearly as annoying as getting a Bucks game early in the season instead of a Brewers game when the Bucks are terrible.

Maybe I am wrong, but didn't a Packers game get "bumped" for the Brewers during 2008 late in the season (might have been the last day of regular season)?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Invader3K is correct. On 9/28/2008, the Brewers were (for once) WTMJ's higher priority, and the Packers were moved to the alternate station. Since I was in Milwaukee that day, I don't know if the rest of the Brewers Radio Network followed suit.

I believe TMJ had the NLDS games, too, leaving football (since NLDS 3 coincided with a Badger game) for the alternate. Again, I don't know if Madison and other areas did the same.

What I don't know, but is interesting if premature to ponder, is if the Brewers Radio Network can cover all Brewers postseason games, or if after a certain point FOX or ESPN or Westwood One radio takes over (as it did for the Super Bowl outside of Milwaukee). For any games I can't attend, you bet I'm going to mute the FOX dudes and listen to Bob and Cory if at all possible. I don't know that I even care about the syncing. I like Bob and Cory that much, and I dislike Joe Buck and Tim McCarver that much.

Man, talk about your first-world problems. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

WTMJ will definitely be able to carry the "Bob and Cory" version of all post-season games, but whether the Brewers Radio Network will be able to is a good question. Back in '82, I don't think the home broadcast was available outside of Milwaukee for any post-season games. Bob and Dwayne Mosely would refer to "Radio 11" rather than "Brewers Radio Network."

The Packer Super Bowl situation is kind of unusual. The NFL considers Milwaukee to be a Packers "home city," which means that the Wayne Larrivee broadcast can be carried in both Green Bay and Milwaukee. Usually, the Super Bowl can only be carried with "home" announcers in a team's single home city.

a 12-hour rotating shiftwork schedule is just absolutely awful.

it's 5am right now and i'm almost done with my shift. two days ago at this time i was waking up to go to work. also, it took me about 45 minutes to write this post, because for the last 44 i'd been staring, unblinkingly, at a coffee cup.

OK, here's the deal...

If you see a sign that says, "Left Lane Closed, 2 Miles Ahead", what they're really trying to tell you is...the left lane will be closed two miles ahead. Honest.

There's not a lot of mystery here...get your butt out of the left lane! Do not stay in the lane, and gun it, so that you can pass the line of cars that did it the right way...this not only makes you a complete jerk, it also makes you a traffic hazard.

Is it illegal to flatten someone's tire at a time like that?

There's some discussion earlier in this topic making the point that the best way to merge if for both lanes to remain populated until the point of merger. At that point, vehicles from each lane take turns merging. I don't see that happening without an aggressive educational campaign, though.

I agree that the moron who guns it and passes everyone is a complete jerk. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Pitbull attack in Madison

This kind of crap has been bugging me for a long time. Why in the hell do people need pit bulls? What a completely despicable animal! I have the urge to shoot them every time I see one in a persons yard or out for a walk...

Yeah. They supposedly can be trained to be nice animals, but I think by and large most people don't have any business owning them. They certainly shouldn't be anywhere where children are present.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

i've always heard that pit bulls are very affectionate dogs. i'd agree that the way an animal behaves is 99% related to the owner. that said, pit bulls are just that much scarier for what they've been bread to do, and that a mean one is far more vicious than other breeds. i was almost torn up by one once, but i guess that's another story.

a good friend had his lab for a few years before his baby was born. he loves his dog dearly, but whenever the dog and baby were in the room together he was on the edge of the chair thinking "Dog, I love you, but if you so much as growl at my son, I'll be on top of you in an instant." great part about good dogs is they seem to understand human infants. his dog will just lie there as it's getting poked in the eye and having its face slapped by a baby. all it does is get this pathetic look on its face that says "hey, help me out here, man."

I was in Milwaukee this evening, and was unable to find the Brewer game on my way home. Is it carried on another station in Milwaukee? I know it is in Madison when they get bumped by the Packers, but you would think it would be in Milwaukee, too.
94.5 FM

As if I don't hate the Packers enough, they bump the Brewers, but the radio situation has been discussed around here already.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I was in Milwaukee this evening, and was unable to find the Brewer game on my way home. Is it carried on another station in Milwaukee? I know it is in Madison when they get bumped by the Packers, but you would think it would be in Milwaukee, too.
94.5 FM

As if I don't hate the Packers enough, they bump the Brewers, but the radio situation has been discussed around here already.

One more post on the radio situation: our colleagues at Brew Crew Ball have assembled a handy guide to finding the Brewers on the radio during Packer games. Yaaay.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I am trying to figure out how I used 200 more Kilowatts of Electricty this past month than I have ever used since I bought my house. I only rarely have used the AC in the last 2 weeks; how the heck could I have used so much electricity?

When was that super hot stretch? My bill goes back to July 20th. Even if the hot stretch was during this current bill; the huge increase in usage still doesn't make much sense to me given the lack of AC use in the last 2 weeks.

If it is this high again next month I suppose I will have to call Alliant Energy to complain about a faulty meter. I am sure that conversation will go well.

Archived