Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found a pretty stupid flaw with my Netflix instant view. I watch Netflix on my TV through my Blu Ray player. When Netflix consolidated all seasons of a show under one selection, my player limits the series to 100 episodes. So for many seasons of shows, I can only pick the first 2 shows of a season. If I want to watch the other shows, I have to either watch them on my computer or play the episode for 5 seconds on my computer to get it to show up on my TV. It's sort of annoying.

Buying a house has really bugged me today. We were scheduled to close today, but turns out the mortgage company who holds the deed never actually sent it to the tittle office so we could close. They have been asked several times in the past couple of weeks to send it and sent over an overnight FedEx tracking number yesterday so we thought we were all set this afternoon. Turns out they never actually gave the package to FedEx yesterday so the tracking number did us no good.

The worst part is since it's the seller's issue we have absolutely no recourse as a buyer. They just extended the closing date until next Friday. If we were unable to close for any reason on our part, we would have had an extra $150 per day fee. They however have nothing to worry about since they are in total control so in theory they can just hold onto the deed for as long as they want to and we can't do anything about it.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Heat index of 110'F here in NC today. I took my black tricolor Australian Shepherd out for a few minutes and used my infrared thermometer to register 120'F on his shiny black coat. I've been told that his outer coat insulates him from the heat, but I feel terrible for him on days like these.

Heat index of 110'F here in NC today.

heat index of 101 right now in Southern Texas, but it's a relatively mild day--only 93 degrees outside, but normal summer temps are 98 degrees and much more humid. i work outside all day in Carhartt jeans and a polyester shirt. it's been difficult to adjust and apparently it's only going to get worse in a month. people told me in NC that i'd get adjusted to the heat, but you really never do. there was nothing like getting all dressed up for work but being drenched in sweat from just the 15-minute drive from home to the office.

what has helped tremendously is to douse my head in water, then also wet a rag and put a cap on over that. the evaporation of the water off my head keeps me considerably cooler and makes things quite tolerable. also, i drink about two gallons of water over the course of a 12-hour workday to keep my energy up. i add that new Mio kool-aid type flavouring. it's zero calories and helps me drink a lot more than if i were just drinking plain water. another trick i use is to clip a caribener to my belt loop and carry a half-size Nalgene of water with me wherever i go.

i'd heard somewhere that old-time ballplayers would wear a cabbage leaf under their caps to keep them cooler while they were on the field.

Why on God's green earth does it take 5 hours for a round of golf on most Wisconsin courses? I guess people either just have zero self-awareness at how slow they are going, don't understand the most basic golf etiquette (waving people through BEFORE you spend 10 minutes looking for lost balls, not after), or have watched so many pros on TV spend time lining up putts for $1000s of dollars, so they think they have to.

And what's the deal with huge sentences in forum posts!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Heat index of 110'F here in NC today.

Tell me about it... Today was a scorcher too. I got up at 6am today to go for a run, figuring it would be cool and not too humid, but no such luck... I need to vacation here in October instead of July.

Why on God's green earth does it take 5 hours for a round of golf on most Wisconsin courses?
I'm not sure if there is anything to this theory, but my hypothesis sort of makes some sense...

Because Wisconsin is in a climate where we only get to golf for 7 months or less, golf courses need to try to maximize their revenue. In order to do so, they squeeze as many golfers on to courses as they can. I think the golf course I worked at had tee times 8 minutes apart. I have seen some that were 7. When you get that many golfers onto the course at once, you are bound to slow down. Factor in all the once-a-year golfers, and you get your 5 hour round. If tee times were 10 minutes apart, it would get some extra space between groups, speeding up play, but reducing the number of groups that can go in a day.

I've seen an incredible amount of Scheister Lawyer ads on TV recently. I rarely saw those when I lived in Ioway. Do Scheister lawyers actually have law degrees? They seem pretty thick.
Yes. There are about 100 in the US Senate.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

bigredrobbo[/b]]I guess people either just have zero self-awareness at how slow they are going, don't understand the most basic golf etiquette
Exactly!!! It's this part of it that bothers me more than the slowness itself. Being so self absorbed and completely unaware that there are other people on the golf course. This could be said for just about anything..driving, checking out in the grocery store, etc. It really bothers me when people say the impatient people are the rude people. How about the people who have no respect for other people's time? Just because you have all the time in the world, does not mean that everyone else does.

My son and I have this thing we do when we run across people like this. We substitute the "Activia" jingle with "Oblivia".

Also, while I'm ranting, it really bothers me when I'm walking and someone steps out from a building, alleyway, or enters the path I'm walking on without ever looking to see if there is someone else coming. I can't believe how many people do this. They basically just step right in front of you like you are not even there...again..."Obliviaaaa"

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Was going to purchase an item on Amazon yesterday for $19.99. In order to get free shipping, I needed to spend another $5. Poked around a bit, but just couldn't find anything for ~$5 that I wanted/needed. Logged into Amazon today, to find that the price of my item has increased to $29.99. Well, I guess I don't have to look for a $5 item any longer.

They basically just step right in front of you like you are not even there...again..."Obliviaaaa"

• people who walk while staring at their phones and run into you (i like to just stop in place and see if they will)
  • people who quickly back out of a parking space without even bothering to look
  • people who use the fast lane as their own personal lane and won't move over for faster cars
  • outdoor partiers who yell at 3am in an apartment complexes
  • people who invite you to a bar or restaurant and then text the whole time you're there
  • girls (or guys, too) who answer cell phones on a date (or maybe that's a hint)
  • people who leave toenail or fingernail clippings in public places
  • loud cell-phone talkers in coffee shops
  • cigar smokers in smoking-allowed places

ok, thanks. i think i now have my "oblivious" rants out of the way for a while.

people who use the fast lane as their own personal lane and won't move over for faster cars

There are a whole plethora of things that bug me when driving, and this is one of them, as long as it's within reason. I had an instance a couple months ago where I was in the left lane somewhere between Oconomowoc and Madison (where the freeway is 2 lanes wide on each side). I was going 7 over and was going at such a speed that I was going to be passing a couple cars soon, just as I had been passing cars the whole time I was in the passing lane. And then all of a sudden, a guy came up behind me going about 25 over and flashed his lights at me as though he wanted me to speed up or just get out of his way, even though (a) he was the one speeding like crazy while I was essentially driving the "enforced" speed limit, and (b) I was doing exactly what the passing lane is for - passing. So, naturally, I slowed down.

My biggest pet peeve is those people that have to try to get all the way to the end of the lane that's being closed and try to force their way into traffic at the last second, thus actually causing the traffic jam. If everyone would just move over in a timely manner traffic would keep moving, although at a much slower pace than highway speed, at least we'd all still be moving forward.

A couple of weeks ago I was going over Tower Drive bridge here in GB (I43, 2 lanes on each side of the road) and for once everyone had moved over and traffic was moving along about 30 MPH with no stops, you could see lane closure from over a mile away (it was about halfway up the bridge) so people had plenty of time to move over. I had to be about 1/4 mile from the actual lane closure when some dude comes zipping past in the closed lane. Well he was still there at the lane closure point when I went past, no one let him in which I personally thought was fantastic, then the people in front of me even flipped him the bird, which had me laughing out loud. At least for 1 day, that kind of person got exactly what he deserved. I spend quite a bit of time on the road, and this was the first and only time I've ever seen this situation work out the way it did.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I agree that merging late is annoying but one of my friends is a traffic engineer and he says that merging at the point where the lane closes is the way the engineers design it and is suppossed to be the fastest way. I'm not so sure but that's what he says.

I share the feelings of the Crew07, however, I've seen the studies and it is technically faster to utilize both lanes until the last moment. The delays occur when people can't play nice and take turns. Still drives me up the wall when I see it though!

I agree that merging late is annoying but one of my friends is a traffic engineer and he says that merging at the point where the lane closes is the way the engineers design it and is suppossed to be the fastest way. I'm not so sure but that's what he says.
That theory doesn't seem to take into account human decision making.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived