Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2011)

DatHoser
  • Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
last adapter cord I found was a replacement on ebay for less than $10 shipped. Worked like a charm, just make sure you get the compatible model of replacement. Certainly worth the chance that it would solve your irritation
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Yep. I have officially sworn off Dell computers from here on out. I guess this is fairly common with Dell laptops.
I might be getting a new laptop in the next year. I like Dell's customization on their website. Where do you suggest someone shop?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I used to get the same error message saying the AC adapter type cannot be determined, and that my computer would operate slower/not charge the battery. I bought a new AC adapter from Dell (I think it was like $70) and that solved the problem. Nowhere near as good as the $10 adapter off of ebay though.

I also had to replace my battery, but that was a totally separate instance.

When they have throwback nights, they really should bring back the bullpen car.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Eastern time is annoying. I hate having to stay up to 11:30 on weekdays to watch the end of a Brewers game. Man, I feel old.

Pacific time can be equally annoying. It sounds good in theory, but I get off work at 5pm and the Brewers game starts right away. I'd like a couple of hours to decompress, maybe run a few errands or go to the gym. (Before anyone suggests DVR/joining the game late...it just isn't the same. Klosterman wrote an article this week for Grantland about this - I have to watch games live or it isn't fun.) Plus you have the 9am/10am starts during football season.

I think we all can agree that Central time is the best time.

Eastern time is annoying. I hate having to stay up to 11:30 on weekdays to watch the end of a Brewers game. Man, I feel old.

Pacific time can be equally annoying. It sounds good in theory, but I get off work at 5pm and the Brewers game starts right away. I'd like a couple of hours to decompress, maybe run a few errands or go to the gym. (Before anyone suggests DVR/joining the game late...it just isn't the same. Klosterman wrote an article this week for Grantland about this - I have to watch games live or it isn't fun.) Plus you have the 9am/10am starts during football season.

I think we all can agree that Central time is the best time.

now, see, this is where I disagree. Pacific time for sports--especially football (college or pro)--is strictly awesome. Get up, turn on football. And then football is over by 5 pm for an entire evening to do whatever. Sure there are some evening games that you might want to watch, but they are over by 9 pm so you do get to see the entire game no questions asked, rather than the internal debate with your conscience about needing to go to bed.

As for baseball, I can understand if you have a 9-to-5 job about the 5 pm starts but I would rather see the end of the game than the beginning so a game ending at 8 pm still gives me joy or woe and then 2 hours to celebrate/get over it before bed rather than hitting the sack the second the game is over.

That said, having lived there for 25 years . . . Central time is still the best. Pacific Time is a VERY close second. Mountain time . . . who gives a you know what. And Eastern time completely blows.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

yeah, Eastern Time was awful. even if it was the Packers playing, i couldn't stay up late enough to finish watching Monday Night Football. and forget about playoff baseball games that would last to 1 am.

Central Time is perfect for football because i could get home from Late Service, have a half hour to change and be just in time for the game to start. baseball is timed so well that i'll be wanting to get to sleep right at the time the game is over.

i'm still intrigued by Pacific Time. for anyone with a long commute, having a baseball game to listen to would be nice. but then again you probably don't win that argument when your wife wants to start dinner and you want to finish listening to the game.

i'm still intrigued by Pacific Time. for anyone with a long commute, having a baseball game to listen to would be nice. but then again you probably don't win that argument when your wife wants to start dinner and you want to finish listening to the game.
You do if you are lucky enough to have a wife that is as big a baseball nut as you are. I am so lucky! Thanks hammytime!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

There was a fatal bus/pedestrian accident on the UW-Madison campus this morning. The victim was a campus library employee - not my library, not my SO's library, not someone I knew but possibly someone the SO knew - but that really doesn't make it less chilling and awful.

Everyone, watch your step out there.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

building a new PC and had to send the motherboard back as it was DOA. Now I have to wait another week or longer.

- - - - - - - - -

I got a call from a principal in the district who wants to interview me for an open position (for a job I don't want...I'm happy at my current position). He left me a voicemail, but he said his name and school so fast, I couldn't understand him. So when I call back, I don't know who to ask for if he doesn't answer the phone.

Some jerk broke into our new car today and stole our three year old Garmin. Front window smashed, scratch on the door frame all for a used Garmin that will net $50-$60 on ebay.

Something tells me they're not terribly intelligent, as they left a $200 lacrosse stick in the back seat.

i think it's acceptable, but only if you're younger than 14 years old. otherwise, no. i like to consider that if Jack Palance wouldn't have ever uttered a particular word or phrase, then i shouldn't, either.

I was all set to watch Samurai 7 today when I noticed it was gone. So was Planet Earth.... I called my partner and asked if anyone had borrowed either and the answer was no. I started tearing apart my apartment looking for the two boxed sets, but they were gone. Who has been over to my apartment in the last month or so? Who would steal from me? The apartment below me was just robbed, but I don't think any thieves would only steal two blu ray box sets and split. Then it hit me and it made me sick to my stomach. My little brother from Big Brothers, Big Sisters was over about a month ago so he could use my internet to finish high school. I also took him to pick up 2 pairs of glasses so he could drive, see, etc. I mentored this kid for 4 years. Took him to ball games, hunters safety, fishing, shopping.... I have no proof, but he was kicked out of his dad's house for stealing movies and selling them. I hate to jump to conclusions, but he has a track record. I sent him a text asking if he borrowed any movies from me and I haven't heard back from him. What should I do? I feel awful right now.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

It bugs me to see Amish people on TV and in movies saying things like "thee," "thou," and other similar archaic words. I've never heard an Amish person say any of those things. They use the same English as the rest of us.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived