Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2013)

fondybrewfan

Mine as well. I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to train myself to relentlessly check expiration dates there. (I feel like I should add that I place no blame for this on burniebrewer, who I believe still works for Woodman's.)

I still do, just not in Madison. Just started my 26th year with the company.

Dates are a big issue and we do try and avoid having outdated items on shelf. We now have a person who goes through the store and does nothing but check product dates. You've probably seen stickers above the shelves with months/day labels, that determines when a section gets checked. One of the biggest issues we have is constant turnover on 3rd shift, who do the majority of the stocking.

We are very cautious in my department as we have short turnaround on many things. It's something we are very conscientious of but sometimes we miss things, get short codes on delivery, etc., but we are trying.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another issue is when the vendor does the stocking rather than store employees.

Not too long ago, I found some mayonnaise in Pick 'n Save that was six months past the expiration date. The manager said that the vendor stocked it that morning.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Another issue is when the vendor does the stocking rather than store employees.

Absolutely. This is a big issue. Most of the vendors/reps do so many stores in the area that their main concern is getting product on the shelves and moving on to their next account.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Americans that use the word "bloody" as in "That was bloody well worth it!"
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We sold our tickets to Hoffman's 600th save game, months before we knew it could be significant, because it was the first or second day of UW-Madison classes and we knew there was no way we could attend. The people who went in our place really appreciated it.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The woman on Channel 6 just said "He started to lay on the ground" in reference to the incident she was describing.

The woman on Channel 6 just said "He started to lay on the ground" in reference to the incident she was describing.

Newscaster grammar is beyond horrible these days. They've dumbed down the English language to the point of absurdity. One example that always gets me is referring to a male subject as "the guy".

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Firefox 22.0.

The wonderful developers at Mozilla decided that my web pages should be zoomed in to a point that an 80 year old can see without bifocals. This adds a scroll bar at the bottom and forced me to add on NoSquint. As I use Firefox for most my browsing (numerous reasons I won't get in to now), I hope they fix it or I'll end up wasting a lot of time switching over to a different one.

Firefox 22.0.

The wonderful developers at Mozilla decided that my web pages should be zoomed in to a point that an 80 year old can see without bifocals. This adds a scroll bar at the bottom and forced me to add on NoSquint. As I use Firefox for most my browsing (numerous reasons I won't get in to now), I hope they fix it or I'll end up wasting a lot of time switching over to a different one.

Hit Ctrl+0

That should reset it

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Newscaster grammar is beyond horrible these days. They've dumbed down the English language to the point of absurdity. One example that always gets me is referring to a male subject as "the guy".

Yeah, I heard a newscaster say "guy" on WTMJ radio too. That's unacceptable. May as well say "dude." It'd be different on a talk show where it's reasonable to be less formal.

I tried looking on channel 6's web site to see if I could single out the guilty party's name, but I couldn't find any page for their news team. She's a bit older, probably around 50.

CTRL-0 (that's zero) on a pee cee or CMD-0 on a Mac will reset the zoom preferences for a single site. To clear all site preferences, go to "Clear Recent History…" in the History menu, and in the box that comes up, make sure "Site Preferences" is checked before hitting the "Clear Now" button. In that window, make sure that the "Time range to clear" dropdown at the top is set appropriately for what you want to do.

that's funny, i heard "guy" used on WIBA out of Madison last week, and it made me a little angry about it when i heard it. very amateur move by the writer, and the newscaster should have caught it in proofing, too.

Seeing people plugged into their hand held devices at ball games. Today it was rampant. I would expect to see girls/women doing this based on the possibility that they aren't big Brewers fans and were probably drug there by their boyfriends/husbands, but to see grown men at a ballgame with virtually no interest in the game is maddening. Yes I realize there are a lot of women out there who are just as big of fans as men, not trying to offend anyone.

I know I am in the minority, I get that, but I am not tied to my phone in any way, nor do I even carry it half the time. I find it a nuisance more than anything else, so me complaining about this will fall on deaf ears from the younger crowd, but seriously, do people have to be 100% tuned into these stupid things at all times?

No wonder people can't focus on one thing anymore, they just can't sit back, relax and enjoy a ballgame. Just another sign of the times that I don't like.

Ok, "mid 40's guy" rant over...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I use my phone at games. You can't get an updated score at the Brewers game. On Saturday, the Dodgers score showed 1st inning when the game was actually in the 5th. Earlier this year i was watching ESPN live cut ins to the Darvish no-hit bid. I'm guessing in a couple of years I will be able to bring an ipad into the game and watch the Brewers telecast so I can see replays.

Very few replays bug the h out of me at Miller Park.

I use my phone at games. You can't get an updated score at the Brewers game. On Saturday, the Dodgers score showed 1st inning when the game was actually in the 5th.

That's weird, since you'd assume this would be an automated system hooked up to the internet.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I'm in my mid 30s and also use my phone at the game. I check tweets from McCalvy and Block to get tidbits about the game you might not see (why someone was pulled, interesting stats, etc). I can look up baseball-reference to get more stats about players. I like to check away game info and with MLB.tv can watch that game if something's happening. I also use it to browse BF.net, though the IGT have gotten very sparse lately.

I also use my media guide at nearly every game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived