Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2013)

fondybrewfan
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have Prime and use Amazon. And you can use Amazon as a list for when you do walk into a store.

Well, I suggested that there was no reason the gift giver had to purchase through Amazon if she didn't want to. I never got a reply, so I don't know how this is going to go.

I've not quite justified signing up for Prime yet. Maybe when I go through 2013 receipts I'll add up the postage I paid to see if it exceeds $80. My sister uses Prime and has offered to order for me if I am ever in a hurry. Thing is, I usually have enough time to go with the super saver shipping.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd be pleased to retire from Christmas.

I'm giving Prime a go-around. You don't notice how many items aren't eligible for Prime until you buy it. On the other side of the coin, I've gotten some fairly big ticket items quickly without paying extra for shipping.

As a bonus, you get video, but I don't think it's nearly as easy or convenient as its competitors (iTunes, Netflix, Hulu).

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Speaking of fantasy football, the guy I played last weak needed 25 points to beat me in a playoff game. It came down to the Monday night game between Detroit and Baltimore. I had no players gong with a 24 point lead, but he had, you guessed it, Justin Tucker, kicker for the Ravens.

Long story short, Tucker kicked 6 field goals to score his owner 25 points for the win, a 61 yarder worth 6 points with 30+ seconds left in the game.

My season record was 11-2 (best in the league by 2 wins) and I had 300 more points than the 2nd best team and my season is over... The league is ultra competitive, been around for 8 years, resembling the tv show "the League."

Justin Tucker cost me $100 and bragging rights. To make it even worse, I waived Tucker around week 5 or 6, and he came back to bite me...

This is exactly the reason I hate fantasy football...

Rant over.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Speaking of fantasy football, the guy I played last weak needed 25 points to beat me in a playoff game. It came down to the Monday night game between Detroit and Baltimore. I had no players gong with a 25 point lead, but he had, you guessed it, Justin Tucker, kicker for the Ravens.

Long story short, Tucker kicked 6 field goals to score his owner 25 points for the win, a 61 yarder worth 6 points with 30+ seconds left in the game.

My season record was 11-2 (best in the league by 2 wins) and I had 300 more points than the 2nd best team and my season is over... The league is ultra competitive, been around for 8 years, resembling the tv show "the League."

Justin Tucker cost me $100 and bragging rights. To make it even worse, I waived Tucker around week 5 or 6, and he came back to bite me...

This is exactly the reason I hate fantasy football...

Rant over.

Tucker almost won it for me. I had Tucker and Calvin Johnson, my opponent had no one, and I was down 40. I didn't watch the game, didn't check the internet, didn't do anything until Tuesday morning because I knew starting Eric Decker over DeSean Jackson had killed me. I heard the score was 18-16 and thought, great. Not enough TD's for Johnson but then realized Tucker might have had 6 FG's. He did and I lost by 10.

I started the year 2-4 and won 7 in a row and missed the #1 seed by starting Ben Tate over Giovanni Bernard and losing by 5. If I would have not done that my team would have scored enough to beat the 4 seed with or without Monday night. I dominated after that 2-4 start and 1 stupid mistake cost me. I'm still kicking myself for it.

I've been bitten one too many times on FFB that I just can't play it anymore. Not even our family-only leagues.

My son, 13 and none-too-pleased I stopped our family league, joined one Yahoo and one NFL.com league. He's playing for the championship in both, going 12-3 in one league and 14-1 in the other. These were I think 10-team leagues and only 2 or 3 checked out early, as far as I could tell. Kid doesn't chase one-week stat guys and now knows the league better than I do. I guess that's belongs in the What's Not Bugging You...except that it is. Why does he do great and I only suffer soul-crushing defeat?

Oh, he won his roto league for baseball, too. I don't even know how to play roto.

I have been in a standard scoring league and a TD only league for 5+ years now. I have a chance to win the standard scoring league for the 3rd time in 5 years and I have never even sniffed the playoffs in the TD only league. TD only leagues are absolutely maddening.

Stores need to have an express lane at checkout, not limited by number of items but rather by simplicity of transaction. No questions allowed of the cashiers, no coupons to haggle about, no check writing, just have the cash out or card ready to pay when the total comes up and move on.

I have won the regular season in a league 3 years in a row now, and have lost the first round of the playoffs each year. Last year I was 12-1, this year 12-2 (different leagues) and got obliterated in the playoffs, only to finish 3rd each time. This year, I ran into injury problems late in the season and there was no one left to pick up off the scrap heap, largely because the guy I lost to picked up most of the best free agents.

This year, I ran into injury problems late in the season and there was no one left to pick up off the scrap heap, largely because the guy I lost to picked up most of the best free agents.

That is GREAT fantasy owner strategy right there...

My wife couldn't wait for the car windows to defrost on the inside so she scraped them. Now the window has a white haze and I get thicker ice right in my line of vision that takes forever to defrost. I hate clean the windows inside the car in the winter.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Jumping on the FFB ranting bandwagon, in at least one yahoo league every year for 4 or 5 years, I have easily sailed into the playoffs and that's when I hit the wall and end the season, (L,L), It got to the point where I named my team after Mr. Douglas Flutie and his cereal. I thought this year was another repeat when I lost the first playoff week but I somehow managed a win squeaking a 3rd place in an otherwise remarkable year....

..and back on the (off) topic...it makes me sad that people disregard Christmas on Dec 26th. Why can't I enjoy some Christmas music after Christmas?

^ Maybe if they wouldn't start playing Christmas music November 1st, people wouldn't be so burnt out on it the day after Christmas...

I like Christmas music though, but it seems to be being played earlier and earlier every year, along with the stores hyping the Christmas shopping the day after Halloween, or sooner...

-----

Continued here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=30804

Archived