Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2013)

fondybrewfan
  • Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt like a surgeon, as one tiny slip and the brand new hose would be punctured.

Or your hand would have been punctured.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

but at the same time, if you were to honk your horn or express your frustration with them in anyways, you would have trouble on your hands.

Is this in a bad part of town or something? I'm just wondering why that would cause "trouble." I generally make a special effort to honk at pedestrians when they're jaywalking.

It has not happened to me a lot, maybe 2 or 3 times in my life and not always in "the same part of town". If it ever happened to you, you would understand what I mean and realize that your best course of action is just to try to be patient.

I actually saw it happen downtown (Milwaukee) about a year or two ago. A group of kids (middle school? High School) was crossing at Kilbourn and Prospect (heading west on Kilbourn) and they were taking their sweet time. Light turned and they were still in the crosswalk not hurrying at all. A car honked at them and they (the kids) started yelling at them and one of them slammed his hand on the hood of the car. It didn't escalate any farther than that. I believe they were students from St. Johns Cathedral. They had made a trip to the park and were heading back to school.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I see this around the UW-Whitewater campus a lot. There are special crosswalks up and down Main Street (which borders the campus) that obviously require drivers to yield. Most of the time pedestrians are pretty good, but sometimes you'll get those one or two that seem content to take their sweet time walking at a snail's pace while there's a line of cars waiting during rush hour. If you're not handicapped or elderly, you can walk briskly across the street...otherwise you're just being a passive aggressive jerk.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJ80MQLEuk

I see this around the UW-Whitewater campus a lot. There are special crosswalks up and down Main Street (which borders the campus) that obviously require drivers to yield. Most of the time pedestrians are pretty good, but sometimes you'll get those one or two that seem content to take their sweet time walking at a snail's pace while there's a line of cars waiting during rush hour. If you're not handicapped or elderly, you can walk briskly across the street...otherwise you're just being a passive aggressive jerk.

Your post immediately made me think of this:

I see this around the UW-Whitewater campus a lot. There are special crosswalks up and down Main Street (which borders the campus) that obviously require drivers to yield. Most of the time pedestrians are pretty good' date=' but sometimes you'll get those one or two that seem content to take their sweet time walking at a snail's pace while there's a line of cars waiting during rush hour. If you're not handicapped or elderly, you can walk briskly across the street...otherwise you're just being a passive aggressive jerk.[/quote']

Your post immediately made me think of this:

First of all...wow that guy in the snail suit was trusting!

Secondly, yes, like bani1717 if it's one or two people who are obviously oblivious, then yes I'm going to honk at them. The situations I'm talking about are much different than that. Yes, there is a degree of being oblivious with these people, for there is much more of an attitude that this is all about me and I could care less about how my actions effect others.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

dangit, apparently i sent $200 worth of stuff bought on Amazon to a former apartment in Texas. talked to the apartment (the office takes the deliveries) and they said they send unclaimed packages back to sender (i'll go ahead and presume the new tenants didn't just nab it when they got the delivery notice).

i originally caught the error 5 seconds after i completed the order, canceled the order, then changed to my current address. guess it didn't take.

You know what really bugs me for some odd reason?

When people have their license plate littered with registration stickers. It pretty much makes me assume the person is a moron. Directions are even included to put the year on the bottom right corner over the old sticker, yet I see people with them all over their plates. Sometimes you have the real special one with like 6 or 7 stickers all over.

People just piss me off...

You know what really bugs me for some odd reason?

When people have their license plate littered with registration stickers. It pretty much makes me assume the person is a moron. Directions are even included to put the year on the bottom right corner over the old sticker, yet I see people with them all over their plates. Sometimes you have the real special one with like 6 or 7 stickers all over.

People just piss me off...

People who live in bad neighborhoods tend to do this. I know I did when I lived in riverwest. One time getting your license plate snipped and getting a ticket for it is enough.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Back in February, a good friend got separated from his wife, and needed a place to stay "for a little while". I was thinking......a few weeks, maybe a couple months, tops.

Now it's the end of July, and here we are. There's a laundry list of things, but for sake of brevity........I won't go into it.

The absolute kicker came a few weeks ago when he brought his 9 year old daughter over to our house, and my wife was cooking, and burned her thumb on a hot pan, and used a curse word that rhymes with duck.

"Um........yeah. Don't use language like that in front of my daughter".

Not "could you please not swear in front of her" or "I don't want to expose her to that yet" or something a little more along those lines. Just "Don't use language like that in front of my daughter"

Wait a sec? Who's house is this..........anyways?

Boy that's getting sticky. I applaud you for being a good friend, but at some point he has to figure it out. Is there tension in the house or is pretty chill?

The first few months were more or less ok, but since then it's been.......eh.

I'm trying really hard to be diplomatic, but I think my wife may end up losing it soon. When he gets home from work, more often than not, he jokes "CATHY!!!! Why isn't dinner on the table!!!!!!!?!?!?!?"

You know, it really wasn't even funny the first time. After 30+ iterations of the joke, it's completely lost its steam. I get the sense that he's somewhat bitter because of his divorce right now, and it's starting to show in his interactions with my wife, and I'm not going to allow that to escalate too much further, honestly.

Well.........we told him last night that he has to leave. Things reached a boiling point yesterday, and it's just not going to work any longer.

Well.........we told him last night that he has to leave. Things reached a boiling point yesterday, and it's just not going to work any longer.

That tends to be how these things go. My sister-in-law and her husband have been putting up my brother in law (my wife's other sibling) for the past couple months. He graduated in May and is trying to find a job. It makes sense for him to live with them, since they're in the southern part of the state where he's more likely to find a job. His parents (my in-laws) live way up in the north woods where there is probably zero chance of him getting a job.

Well, they're already tired of him, so he's going to be moving back with mom and dad "temporarily". We'll see if they take him back later.

I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "House guests are like dead fish...after three days they stink."

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That tends to be how these things go. My sister-in-law and her husband have been putting up my brother in law (my wife's other sibling) for the past couple months. He graduated in May and is trying to find a job. It makes sense for him to live with them, since they're in the southern part of the state where he's more likely to find a job. His parents (my in-laws) live way up in the north woods where there is probably zero chance of him getting a job.

Well, they're already tired of him, so he's going to be moving back with mom and dad "temporarily". We'll see if they take him back later.

I think it was Ben Franklin who said, "House guests are like dead fish...after three days they stink."

My house guest slept with my 18 year old son's girlfriend. I have to keep telling myself that assault and battery will only result in jail time, and it's not worth it.

My house guest slept with my 18 year old son's girlfriend. I have to keep telling myself that assault and battery will only result in jail time, and it's not worth it.

Uh...wow. Yeah, I don't know if I would have been able to restrain myself in that situation. What a mess.

dangit, apparently i sent $200 worth of stuff bought on Amazon to a former apartment in Texas. talked to the apartment (the office takes the deliveries) and they said they send unclaimed packages back to sender (i'll go ahead and presume the new tenants didn't just nab it when they got the delivery notice).

i originally caught the error 5 seconds after i completed the order, canceled the order, then changed to my current address. guess it didn't take.

It'll probably work out, but wondering in the meantime will be a drag. Keep tracking the thing if you want to know what's going on.

I recently did something similar (sent to the wrong address), but I didn't catch it until it was too late. Amazon refunded the first order and said they'd re-create it and send a new order to the address I wanted. They were also going to expedite shipping at no extra charge. That sounded good to me.

So I got the e-mail and found out that the re-created order was also going to the wrong address. When I called Amazon back, the second techie told me that the person who handled the problem the first time didn't have the authority to send to a different address. At least this time, I had the lead time to change the delivery address through UPS.

The first package must have been lying where it was originally dropped off as there was no difficulty with Amazon getting it back.

The bummer is that Amazon always assumes that your billing address and shipping address are the same. Previously, the last address you shipped to was the default for the subsequent order. That's problematic, too, which is probably why the system was changed. It'd be nice to be able to choose a default shipping address and not have to worry about changing it when you order.

I just used a store locator that included Muskegon in locations within 100 miles of Milwaukee. Of course, that assumes that you'll take the ferry to get there.

I have yet to work at a place where workplace communication is even close to adequate. I'm going to be working at a high school this year. A few weeks ago when I was there we were talking about scheduling and my supervisor mentioned that registration is August 12 and I don't have to be there but if I'd like to work some hours I could. I told her I was probably going to be out of town that day and she said that was fine. Yesterday, I get a message from her reminding me that I need to be at registration on Monday. The plans I made two weeks ago after she told me I didn't have to be there just got blown up.

I had to buy a couple things today that required going to two separate stores. The first place I went to the bill was $36.02. I didn't have the change so I had to use a dollar bill and get 98 cents back. The next place I went cost me $5.99.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I had to buy a couple things today that required going to two separate stores. The first place I went to the bill was $36.02. I didn't have the change so I had to use a dollar bill and get 98 cents back. The next place I went cost me $5.99.

No "take a penny, leave a penny" tray?

I bought five green tomatoes on Saturday to make fried green tomato BLT's. My wife left them in a brown paper bag in the pantry. Now I have three green tomatoes and two orange tomatoes.

Tomatoes change color even after being picked. Obviously.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I bought five green tomatoes on Saturday to make fried green tomato BLT's. My wife left them in a brown paper bag in the pantry. Now I have three green tomatoes and two orange tomatoes.

Peppers, too... and I'd imagine most every other type of fruit

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think his complaint was that they ripened faster because they were left in a bag in the pantry. Had they been left out they wouldn't have ripened as fast.

Archived