Brewer Fanatic

Football / Baseball Card Information

bani1717
It has been a while since I collected cards, but I am considering starting to collect cards of a particular NFL player. Does anyone know of a resource that might list for example all the cards that have been made of a particular player? If something like this does exist, I am assuming it would be some kind of online database that requires a paid membership for access. But any info or guidance anyone can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I have a follow-up question. According to what I'm looking at, some cards have a separate "retail" version. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between a "hobby" version and a "retail" version of a given card? Some identifying information somewhere on the back of the card maybe?

I am collecting cards of Kevin Zeitler (a former Badger and current Cincinnati Bengal who grew up in Waukesha). I'll see if I can post scans sometime soon. I am currently at 76 down and 101 to go by my count to get all of his cards, but a bunch of those 101 are cards numbered 1/1 so there's a good chance I'll never come across those.

He's an O-Lineman, right? Better chance of getting the 1/1s of those guys, as they are more reasonable, and not as sought after. The tough part is that the best time to get them is immediately following set release. That is when ebay is hottest. I began trying to stockpile a specific Robin Yount patch card when I noticed I had a few. It was /50, and I started 2 years after release. I think I wound up with like 13 of them, but haven't seen one on the bay in over 3 years.

Correct, he's a lineman. Yeah, I think I got in on the game too late for the 1/1 cards. I did see one on ebay about a year ago, but the price was $250 which is way more than I was willing to spend (especially when part of the reason I started collecting his cards is because they're usually really cheap). I have gotten a couple 1/5 cards for around $20 each but I'm guessing that's about the rarest card I'll ever get.

Archived