Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That

Transportation thoroughfares do not count, i.e. highways and airports, nor do hotels. You can only claim to have "traveled through" the state.

Once you leave the airport, highway, or hotel to eat, explore, sightsee, or seek entertainment, then you can claim to have "been to" the state.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just remembered the time when we were kids and my brother and I were wrestling in the living room. I scraped his face across the carpet and gave him a rug burn from his nose to his left cheek.
I'm laughing right now.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Until I heard that it was Amy Winehouse who sang the song "Rehab," I assumed it was being sung by Lauryn Hill.

(Whatever happened to Hill anyway....did she even make a second album after winning the Grammy? Needless to say, I wasn't a fan.)

I dreamt last night that following the NFL Draft I was signed by the Packers as an Unrestricted Free Agent, even though I haven't played organized football for years. They were taking a flyer on me, because they saw me as a fellow who had been a good student and deserved a shot with his favorite team. I didn't know about it until I got a call from a Packers staffer who said I should report as soon as possible. I wasn't shocked, just honored to be given the opportunity.

I came back to Madison briefly and showed my dad my Packers jersey with my name on the back, because this was the first he'd heard of my signing. He congratulated me.

I was given #69 and was inactive for the first pre-season game of the year, though I did bump fists with Gilbert Brown, who was playing and had just gotten off the field. Everyone was happy that I had been signed.

I liked that dream.

College life is much better than high school life. Just the other day, I spent a good half hour daydreaming about things I did in college. Oh, and none of it was related to actual schoolwork or classes.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

At a local branch of US Bank, one of the pictured 'big seller' employees is John Estrada. Looks like him, and I bet even he would take the first pitch of a given at-bat.

I guess we know what he was up to before the Nats signed him?

At one of my uncle's bars here in Vegas, a strange occurrence happened today. There were two bottles of beer left outside the bar, on the ground, unopened. What made it more strange is that they were Lakefront Brewery beers - Riverwest Stein and Cream City Ale something or other (I was only a fan of Riverwest Stein, used to drink it all the time in Milwaukee.)

Needless to say, it was odd seeing microbrews that were brewed 5 minutes from where I used to live, thousands of miles away. Especially since I have no idea if it is even possible to get those beers here.

When I came home tonight, a guy on the corner was revving his engine real bad trying to get off the ice. I came inside and said he's gonna blow up his car...sure enough, the red fire engine lights are at the end of my block putting out the car fire.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

apparently it's 2 am ET, but i only thought it was 10:30. dang.

so I met a girl on the internet today and admitted I smoked but wanted to quit. I hope she's not the type to go "ugh, I won't date a smoker, ever!!"

Archived