Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That

Do you like fish/swimming/water/aquatic life/sea horses?

Yes, as a matter of fact I have had fish tanks in the past. Mary and I are thinking about getting a small reef tank set up with live rock, etc. and I was going to actually try putting a sea horse or two in there.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few thoughts from my temporarily jobless self:

-I made split pea burgers last night for the first time (thanks for the recipe, Alton Brown). They were good and quite filling. The greenish hue bothered me. Note to self: use brown food coloring next time.

-The second version of "Forever Young" on Planet Waves is terrible compared to the first. Especially since they are right next to each other. Shame on you, Bob Dylan.

-The power has flickered a few times during the composition of this post. It's cold outside. I hope nothing about this situation changes for the worse.

-I'm going to Seattle next week. Yay.

-A buddy of mine just got back from Kenya. He was visiting his parents, whom are missionaries in the region. It was a hell of a time to visit Kenya. He brought back cigarettes.

-I don't have anything particular to do for the rest of the day. Time for a beer.

-I don't have anything particular to do for the rest of the day. Time for a beer.

Please have one for me, too. I can't wait to get offa work & head to Zuppan's to check out their selection. Mmmm... beeeeeer.

EDIT: Ok, so the line at Subway was really long when I took lunch, so I headed to the cafe next door & had a Jubilale. Mmmm! Btw, that does not get you off the hook for having that beer, AT. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

the wife and I had only a half day with students today, so we scheduled dentist appointments for 2:00 this afternoon. Now, it's 3:00 and it feels weird being home so early.

Oh, yeah, we were supposed to go back to school. Not happening.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

EDIT: Ok, so the line at Subway was really long when I took lunch, so I headed to the cafe next door & had a Jubilale. Mmmm! Btw, that does not get you off the hook for having that beer, AT. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Oh, that beer was had quite some time ago, shortly after a few other beers. *hiccup*

The upside to looking for a new job is that you can have some beers, listen to some music and play NHL '99 all the live-long day.

Ok - so I'm having one now for me... maybe one for you next.

One of my favorite parts about buying a 12-pk. of beer is putting it into a full/semi-full fridge, where you can't just stack it all right in the same area. It makes every trip to the fridge like an easter egg hunt! Except, instead of having candy on the inside, it's beer.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I am in full support of a mandatory "cover yourself with a towel or something" law being enforced in men's locker rooms. Also, it should be punishable with prison terms if you do not wear a swimming suit in the whirlpool.

Ya try to go workout and maybe shoot some hoops or something and ya gotta see that stuff. yuck. I don't think I'll ever be right from what I saw the other day. Picture a Wolly Mammoth in all its glory walking around the locker room.

you gotta wear a suit in the whirlpool? i disagree.

although i agree with you otherwise. what's with dudes who choose to stand at the mirror and dry their hair or something first? dang, put some shorts on at least. yeah it's a locker room, but it's also not your home bathroom.

also, don't start a conversation with me until you've put something on, that's just not cool.

Right on brewerjaime. I used to be a member of Elite Clubs in Brookfield, and boy let me tell you about how much old guys like to hang out in the locker room all naked. The most disturbing episode I had there was when I just changed, was going to the bathroom before I headed out to work out. While heading to the urinal, there was some inhumanly bathroom noises coming from the stall over. Before I could finish, I hear a flush and out walks probably a mid 70 year old man totally naked who proceeds to wash his hands all naked after making a horrible explosion from the toilet. Needless to say, I skipped washing my hands that day.

I am in full support of a mandatory "cover yourself with a towel or something" law being enforced in men's locker rooms.
I can usually stand it, because you can see naked man out of the corner of your eye and avoid looking any further.

But the other day, I did the "quick rounding of a corner" and bumped to an old naked man. Not cool. Not cool at all.

"Needless to say, I skipped washing my hands that day."

I've had one experience in my life where I was completely turned off from the post-pee hand wash. It involved a bathroom in Texas. My co-workers went in to the bathroom before me and did what they had to do. On my way in, I noticed that neither washed their hands. Puzzled and curious, I went on with my business and after finishing, walked up to the sink. Someone left a fecal log in the sink that would make a cheesemaker proud. Yeah, I passed.

I did go to the gym today and I did get approached by my trainer. "We need to increase your program. You're doing great." is what she said. I did my cycle today and totaled 25,000 pounds. I'm starting to see a difference to my appearance. Feels pretty good.

Archived