Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That

From my Milwaukee's Best Ice can, "Snappy Comebacks" from World Series Poker & a picture of Phil Hellmuth!

"Maybe you should try playing darts instead"

"A BEST hand beats a Royal Flush anytime" (GET IT?!?! Because it's MILWAUKEE'S BEST!!)

"You'd only make the first round of drinks at the WSOP" (BUUURRRRRNNNN!)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scream 3 was on IFC yesterday. I did not realize Scream 3 was an independent film. Scream was excellent, Scream 2 was good, but Scream 3 just stunk. I can't believe they went the soap opera route with the evil, missing, half-brother killer.

There were so many gaps in the logic to the movie. How did the killer get Sidney's new phone number? A couple other people used Dewey's cell, but not the killer.

At one point, Gail finds Roman supposedly dead in a coffin in the basement. She checks his pulse, and we are lead to believe that he had no pulse. However, he shows up later as fine as can be.

Also, Mr. Ghostface was seen talking in the Mr. Ghostface voice without using the voice device. That bugged me too. Man, I really disliked that movie. It became the dumb slasher flick that Scream 1 made fun of.

Today, I finished Halo for the PC. It took me 3 days. Good story, good gameplay, but over-hyped in my opinion. I bet multiplayer is a blast but I don't play games online.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So if you go to one of those temp agency things, there are employees there to assist you. How exactly do you get a job as one of those employees? You can't just go in to the agency and say, "Do you have any job openings?", because that's what everyone else that walks in the door says.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

So I am sitting at the computer and my wife says, "hey, Prince Fielder is in an article." I jokingly reply, "for what? Being a big fat guy?" I hear her laugh and say "yup." Turns out he is in an article in Time magazine about obesity. He has been 200 lbs since age 12.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I need a haircut, too, but I have a bald spot started on the back of my head and use the longer hair to cover it. If I ever use a comb-over to cover my receding hairline in the front, I've instructed my wife to take me out back and put me out of my misery.

Also, Firefox 3 is released. Varoooooom! It's noticeably faster.

Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of tickytacky

Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one

And they're all made out of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses all went to the university

Where they were put in boxes and they came out all the same,

And there's doctors and there's lawyers, and business executives

And they all play on the golf course and drink their martinis dry,

And they all have pretty children and the children go to school

And the children go to summer camp and then to the university

Where they are put in boxes and they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business and marry and raise a family

In boxes made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

You know you're horrifically unprepared for weather issues when you spend the first five minutes of a power outage having to use your cell phone's radiant glow to get upstairs to the closet to dig out the flashlight...

My cell phone has a "lantern" feature. It's meant to be used as a flashlight; it turns the screen plain white.

Invest in some candles that hang on the wall. That works well for me. The only issue is locating matches.

I hear Firefox 3 isn't getting along with Yuku's nifty feature that scrolls wide stuff in posts. Example: reply #1196.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I was on Amazon.com and ran across this:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8680/carlosvtd4.jpg

Needless to say, I laughed. Is it a coincidence that Carlos V's chocolate bar got rated as badly as his performance thus far this year? I think not.

Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of tickytacky

Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same

There's a green one and a pink one and a blue one and a yellow one

And the people in the houses all went to the university

Where they were put in boxes and they came out all the same,

And there's doctors and there's lawyers, and business executives

And they all play on the golf course and drink their martinis dry,

And they all have pretty children and the children go to school

And the children go to summer camp and then to the university

Where they are put in boxes and they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business and marry and raise a family

In boxes made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same.

How was the first episode this week? I still haven't even seen all of season 3 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I just put on ESPN and heard someone talking while they were showing a graphic and thought "Why the heck is David Cross on ESPN?" only to realize it was Buster Olney talking. Next time you hear him talk, think about it.

I hear Firefox 3 isn't getting along with Yuku's nifty feature that scrolls wide stuff in posts. Example: reply #1196.

Ehh, that's not wide enough to scroll. Viva La Resolution!

How was the first episode this week? I still haven't even seen all of season 3 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
Just finished season 3 myself, haven't seen the first episode of season 4 yet. Season 3 wasn't as good as the first few seasons IMO, but it was still pretty awesome. The "Good Morning Agrestic" shorts in the bonus features were hilarious.

Hard to believe the show is on season 4 already... it's all become a bit of a haze. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I was looking something up on Branyan today and came across this. I had no idea there was a Star Wars wikipedia. Thought I'd pass it along since I think there are a few Star Wars fans here.

Really? I can't think of anyone here who likes Star Wars.

That's what's so cool about Wikipedia. The other day I was looking up something on Chase Utley and ended up reading about a battle from the Civil War. There should be a six degrees of wikipedia.

Does anyone else think Jason Kendall looks like a dog? Seriously, everytime I see him, I just picture him barking. So unfortunate looking, but that's okay.

He looks like a serial killer to me. It must be the scruffy beard and the eyes.

Archived