Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
We have a state named New Mexico, but somehow we missed out on having a state named New Canada.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spike Shooter

It's sold in only 15 states and has 25,000% of your daily value of vitamin B12.

Quoth the website:
Recommended Use: Begin with one-half can daily to determine tolerance. Never exceed one can daily.

Warning: Do not use if you are under the age of 18 or elderly. Do not take with any other stimulant or weight-loss supplement or any prescription or over-the-counter medicine. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing or at risk of being treated for high-blood pressure, heart disease, hyperthyroidism, spasms, psychiatric disease, suffer from migraines, have asthma, or are taking asthma medication. Discontinue use if you experience dizziness, headache, nausea, or heart palpitations. If you have trouble sleeping, do not take within 6 hours of bedtime. Keep out of reach of children.

I rear-ended a guy in a roundabout a few years ago.

It was the 2nd time that happened to him at the same intersection. . .He started in, and then got scared, and stopped. Meanwhile, I was busy looking at the traffic in the circle, waiting for my opening, I never even thought he was stopped ahead of me.

Rented van. . .no damage. . .lesson learned.

nothing worse then the people that have no idea how a round a bout works. Here by work there is one and its a 4 way intersection(By South Side Wall Mart for Madison people) and I have to enter and go around to get home. At least once a week while I am going around someone pulls into the round a bout in front of me either almost t boning me or taking off the front of my car. Like clock work they flip me off or give me the dirty look even though there are huge Yield Signs.

My random thought, what ever rules we learned as children ie driving, treatment of other etc. start to erode over time to fit our own feelings and wants, and that is sad.

I saw somebody stop once at a flashing yellow light, so i went through my flashing red (after stopping and yelling "what the heck?"). I held up out of curiosity and they sat there a good three minutes before they figured it out.

was driving with a friend's mother once, and we had to stop her from turning left in front of a car at a green light. "but it's green? i thought i could go."

what gets me at things like roundabouts and flashing yellows and such, is how people can be drivers for so many decades, yet be so completely ignorant of these somewhat common circumstances.

was driving with a friend's mother once, and we had to stop her from turning left in front of a car at a green light. "but it's green? i thought i could go."
Was carpooling with an Indian guy for a few months when I had a gig in Madison, and he started to do the same thing. I'm really surprised I'm still here to tell the tale.

Two things I've learned about the Twin Cities southern metro in the past week:

-There's a restaurant off of 494 in Bloomington called "Atlantic Buffet" - that's fine. The weird thing about it is they serve "Mongolian and Sushi." Sushi I can start to wrap my mind around but since when does Atlantic = Mongolian?

-Presently when traveling north out of Hastings towards St. Paul on Highway 61, you are simultaneously driving on North Highway 61 and Alternate South Highway 61.

Pitchfork.tv has a feature on Steve Reich, featuring a bit of Thurston Moore. One of the interviewees is So Percussion, who IMO have done the worst version of "Drumming" out there. So's recording had the glockenspiels so badly mic'ed that your ear drums would split at almost any volume.

But it's good anyway. And pay attention for Hanson.

Archived