Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
Why am I watching an edited version of Major League on Bravo when the real version sits 5 feet away on the shelf?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Why am I watching an edited version of Major League on Bravo when the real version sits 5 feet away on the shelf?

Hah! I was watching it last night as well, then finally realized how dumb it was to sit through the commercials when I could put in the DVD.

I have never hit anything with car before outside of insects. No accidents, no dead cats, no live possums, no nothing.

So today, over the course of about 2 hours, I hit 2 birds (or rather, they hit me). Both square in the windshield. The first one appeared to be some sort of finch or sparrow. I'm pretty sure about this because 90% of it bounced off the car, 10% didn't. Later on I hit something else... I'm not sure if it was a bird or a bat (it was around 6 pm). There was just a loud thud, though not a whole lot of debris on the windshield.

What the heck?

I almost creamed an entire family of partridges in a Maserati. I giggled to myself afterwards when I thought about the Partridge Family.

I've ran over way to many critters: Cats, Raccoons, Skunks, Birds, Possums, Squirells, etc. No deer or dogs thankfully.

Almost bought the farm once in an Austin Healey. I crested a hill on a back road and found a cow right in the middle of my lane. That would have been very bad.

I drove passed a horse standing on the side of the road cause as I was approaching it at night, it's hind leg looked like a mail box post. That also would have been very bad.

Funny (but sad for the horse) story on that one....apparently back when I was in HS, the middle school principal was driving about 120 on a country road, and a horse had got out in the road. The horse was decapitated, and I guess the principal was OK. I was in HS with his kid, and I was talking about it, because I saw the horse covered with a blanket on the side of the road and he said his dad did it.

I'm always afraid an Amish buggy will pop up out of nowhere at night. Of course, they involve both people and a horse. It's gotten better since they started using battery operated taillights. Before that, automobile drivers had to rely on a kerosene lantern inside the buggy and a reflective slow moving vehicle emblem to see them.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

If I were being chased by some wild animal (bear, coyote, wild cat, etc.), would it do any good to spray mace in it's face? Does it have the same/any effect on animals? Or would it make them more enraged?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If I were being chased by some wild animal (bear, coyote, wild cat, etc.), would it do any good to spray mace in it's face? Does it have the same/any effect on animals? Or would it make them more enraged?

According to wikipedia: Pepper spray (also known as OC spray (from "Oleoresin Capsicum"), OC gas, capsicum spray, or oleoresin capsicum) is a lachrymatory agent (a chemical compound that irritates the eyes to cause tears, pain, and even temporary blindness) that is used in riot control, crowd control, and personal self-defense, including defense against dogs and bears.

The weird thing is that I had a daydream the other day about a bear attacking me and what I would do, and now I'm not scared anymore http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

When you're served a cup of shark fin soup, you're supposed to ad a spoonful of cognac. A Chinese soup spoon holds a fairly generous amount of cognac.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived