Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else noticed the correlation to how icky a medicine tastes is directly proportional to how well it works? I have a cold and used Zicam which tastes like cherry flavored battery acid but it sure works well.
The Zicam I use is applied by swabbing it inside your nose. Maybe you shouldn't be eating yours. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I've been to all 72 Wisconsin counties. Intentionally. This winter I took an overnight road trip solely to get the remaining counties (Oconto, Marinette, Florence, Langlade, Shawano, and Menomonie) off my list. I am a geography dork.

No offense, Tracy, but you don't fully appreciate the term "geography dork" until you've seen the national geographers' conference (which is in Boston this week and which my S.O. is attending - thus I'm along for the ride). There are 7000+ geography dorks in downtown Boston this week.

Not that a conference of librarians would be any less uncool. And I think being able to say you've been in all 72 counties is neat.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I expected her to gouge her friend in the eye with the crayon. I really, really thought this was going to be some piece like that (i.e. boring, boring, boring, boring, and then WHAM out of the blue something totally unexpected)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I've been to all 72 Wisconsin counties. Intentionally. This winter I took an overnight road trip solely to get the remaining counties (Oconto, Marinette, Florence, Langlade, Shawano, and Menomonie) off my list. I am a geography dork.
I'm a self-proclaimed geography nerd (and history nerd), but the only geographical claim I have is that I've been to the four corners. I'm 14 counties short of being to all 72 counties in Wisconsin. I'm such a nerd that I routinely study maps. I take the atlas or gazetteer or Google maps or something and look at them. I love highways and transportation systems and all that fun stuff. I should have been a cartographer...

One thousand totally pointless and meaningless pieces of information. One thousand posts that seem to have gone nowhere. One thousand pieces of ourselves hanging out here in cyber space.

A complete waste of time.

I'm very proud of all of you.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.

I always get a kick out of it when The Onion uses that as filler.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived