Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am so bored. I have a paper that must be finished before I do anything fun. But apparently I'd rather play on BFnet than write this paper. 8 years of school is enough, already!

How can you be bored? You're young, go out and have some fun!

It's early Sunday evening and - as usual - I'm delaying pulling out the ol' work laptop and getting some work done. I swear - all I do is work these days. I can't go out and "be young and have fun" nearly as much as I used to. And that makes me sad.

Has anyone else noticed the correlation to how icky a medicine tastes is directly proportional to how well it works? I have a cold and used Zicam which tastes like cherry flavored battery acid but it sure works well. One a related note why does fruit always get the nod for flavor additives in medicine? If it's going to taste bad anyway why make the tasta assosiation with something nice? I'm thinking about lobbying for Brussels sprouts flavor in all medicine.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I reserved a copy of GTA IV today. Now I'll have an alternative to playing MLB 08 The Show. Woot.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I am in Boston for a few days. The late local news has just ended and a station is now playing "Cheers" reruns. I wonder if it's a law that someone has to air Cheers reruns in Boston?

Oh, and that jersey-in-Yankee-Stadium issue? They're talking about it a lot on the radio here, and not just on sports-talk stations.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Vanilla almond milk is good. It's apparently not a creamy as hemp milk though. I still want to try hemp milk but fear drug testing. Not that I would fail a drug test, it's just a hassle. I've never had a hassle free drug test...

I am in Boston for a few days. The late local news has just ended and a station is now playing "Cheers" reruns. I wonder if it's a law that someone has to air Cheers reruns in Boston?

Oh, and that jersey-in-Yankee-Stadium issue? They're talking about it a lot on the radio here, and not just on sports-talk stations.

Enjoy our fair city! The weather looks to be gorgeous over the next few days!

I got pulled over this morning for passing a police officer despite the fact I was going 4 MPH under the speed limit.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"I'm not sure, no."

"You passed me on the right. You can't pass cars on the right."

"I was two lanes over, and we were both going under the speed limit."

"That doesn't matter."

"?"

"License and insurance."

-5 minutes later-

"I'm gonna let you go this time, but be careful out there. That looks good, what are you eating?"

"Veggie wrap."

"Vegetables? Interesting. Have a good day."

Evidently going under the speed limit in the right lane is no longer driving carefully enough.

The funniest thing about it for me was that I had subconsciously taken off my seat belt after pulling to the curb, and when he got to the car, he didn't even mention the seatbelt was off. Going 36 in a 40, tho! Whooo... rough business.

My car is red, and/or he wanted to see what the contents of my burrito were. That's the only thing I can think of. It was really strange.

Maybe Toby was wearing that hat that makes him look like Jason Mraz

I was wearing a Brewers cap and aviator sun glasses. Aviators! Cops should love those.

Archived