Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That

We saw a Toyota Yaris over the weekend and realized that it would be the perfect car for a pirate to drive, at least name-wise.

I'm posting this here in the hope that I remember this bit come International Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19). Yarrrr-is.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We saw a Toyota Yaris over the weekend and realized that it would be the perfect car for a pirate to drive, at least name-wise.

I'm posting this here in the hope that I remember this bit come International Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19). Yarrrr-is.

On a related note, Dodgeball is on right now. "Hey look, it's Steve the Pirate."

I really need to cool it with the cheese fries in a helmet, or my jeans are going to be very angry with me. Maybe I need to switch to Boca Burgers.

Cheese fries in a helmet for the win. Probably the best $6.25 you can spend at MP.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Cheese fries in a helmet for the win. Probably the best $6.25 you can spend at MP.

Yeah...remember the good old days (2007) when they were only $6? I have enough plastic helmets for a small army in my kitchen...

**I am either going to make her laugh or totally offend, with that said I am sorry or your welcome****

For some reason the Powerball "What would you do with 20 mil...." commercial reminds me of Hawing. Having met her and knowing what she does for a living the folksy type music in the commercial fits her. See above for response.

Hmm. Neither laughing nor offended, just confused.

The radio ad I decried in the chat last night (which rips off Dionne Warwick's 1970 hit) doesn't seem folksy to me. Is there another ad (TV or radio) that for some reason makes you think of librarians?

i dont know if folksy was the right term, i couldnt think of what type of music it was. I think it is because you seem like a peaceful person and that music fits that. We have met a couple times when you came to our softball games, i am the old man that plays first.

Well, fair enough. The version of that song (which the lottery rips off) came out when I was in preschool. I think the real song is fine. More like easy listening. And I figured we had crossed paths at softball (though I'm sorry to say that most of you I couldn't identify if you didn't have your uniform or some bf.net shirt on).

New random thought:

I love living in Madison, and being part of the UW community - but the dark side is that the vast majority of people I encounter on campus are destined to leave some day. I should be used to it by now, but I still hate that part.

I got a hair cut for the first time since August last night. I also have a huge gash on my head from an unrelated incident involving a Les Paul and an uncooperative drummer. I'm not sure if the hair cut or the Sponge Bob bandage surprised people more today...

If my grandmother were still alive, she would have turned 99 today.

Since she died in 1982, I'm sure she would never have dreamed of an internet, much less a message board and my tiny online tribute to her today.

I love living in Madison, and being part of the UW community - but the dark side is that the vast majority of people I encounter on campus are destined to leave some day. I should be used to it by now, but I still hate that part.
I also love living here. I was one that left after college, but I loved it so much, I came back two years later. Now, there are forces trying to pull me elsewhere, and the strength of this city is winning so far. I hope it continues and I end up (or my wife ends up) getting full-time work in this town, instead of all of this part-time stuff.

Archived