Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
Tom Waits has sick beats.

awesome. his ballads are genius, beautiful and usually incredibly sad. his gravely-voiced songs i don't usually care to listen to, but i still spend time reading the lyrics for the poetry alone. so few people past or present who can write songs of his quality. my latest favourite is "the World Keeps Turning".

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was chopping ice out in my driveway today and one chunk that fell off looked like Florida.

Shoulda put it on eBay, just like the people with Virgin Mary images on their toast.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

So what's the deal with that new Sharpie commercial (No DVR on this TV). So they show a golf ball, out comes a sharpie mini and he draws a soccer ball and signs it David Beckham.

Puts it on a Tee and then hits it. WITH A WOODEN DRIVER! what the heck? He's a super rich soccer star, my driver is way better.

"More Cowbell!" is the new "Play Freebird!"

You can't imagine how annoying it is to hear "Play Freebird!" when you play in a reggae band. Seriously, people.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

My brother who is a cop just came over. He asked if I wanted to feel what its like to be tasered so I said sure. OUCH!

I have a police officer sibling too, who stopped by one evening (rest assured, the neighbors always notice when she stops by in squad/uniform!) and showed me, without demonstrating, how a taser works. With the tasing part disconnected, it's kind of just a laser pointer, which had one of our cats interested. It was funny to watch the cat chasing the laser pointer and thinking, hmm, he's pretty much playing with a taser.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So what's the deal with that new Sharpie commercial (No DVR on this TV). So they show a golf ball, out comes a sharpie mini and he draws a soccer ball and signs it David Beckham.

Puts it on a Tee and then hits it. WITH A WOODEN DRIVER! what the heck? He's a super rich soccer star, my driver is way better.

But he's from the British Isles - it's not like the game was invented there or anything, so why would they have access to good equipment?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If you are a dude, having the angel and devil chick silhouettes on your rear window does not make you look cool, it makes you look dim. Also, a man may never drive any auto/truck/motorcycle with the slogan "cowgirl up" on it. Your recourse is to walk or take a cab when faced with that option.

With the threads regarding mustard and BBQ sauces, I had throw out the random thought about how I am just not that much into food like many other people seem to be. The only time food really, really tastes good to me is when I'm really, really hungry. Otherwise, taking the time out and trying to figure out what I'm going to eat for lunch or dinner is just a pain.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived