Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2008 (Jan. – June)

And That
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's hard to find good beer in North Carolina, so when I saw Leines at the grocery store I was pretty excited. Unfortunately all that's available is Summer Wheat, and i'm not a big fan. I've heard rumour that Honey Weiss is available somewhere, so i may have filled my entire day tomorrow going from grocery store to grocery store across the city.

I've never agreed with the movie title for "The Jerk" starring Steve Martin. To me, Steve Martin's character in that movie was more of a naive idiot, but I wouldn't call him a jerk.

After his character obtained his wealth, he became a jerk.

But what jerkish things did he do after he obtained his wealth? It seemed to me he just continued to be a clueless idiot who didn't know what to do with his money, but was never really a jerk. A jerk to me is somebody who is intentionally mean-spirited and overly selfish, and I don't think that ever described Steve Martin's character. Maybe there are some scenes I am forgetting. I haven't seen the movie in years.

Edit: I just think that "The Idiot" or "The Moron" would have been a much more fitting title. But I did just look up the word "jerk" in the dictionary and it can be slang for: a contemptibly naive, fatuous, foolish, or inconsequential person. So, yeah, I guess that could describe him. I just have a little bit different definition in my own head I suppose.

I think it also depends on how common the first name is, and how close you are to your sister in age. If your sister is a year younger than you and her name is something obscure, and now you're dating someone else that's relatively the same age and same name, it could be kinda creepy. But if your sister is 5 years older than you and her name is Amanda or Becky or something like that, I think you'll be okay.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Is it possible to date a girl with the same first name as your sister? It just seems kinda creepy....

I just realized that i am quoted in your tag line and yet i dont remember typing that, but its pretty funny so i will take credit for it..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

valpocrewsader[/b]]Is it possible to date a girl with the same first name as your sister? It just seems kinda creepy....

My sister married a guy with the same name as me, I never thought of it as creepy. Though they got divorced within two years so...

Archived