Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So my daughter and I were playing Wii a few minutes ago and I noticed something odd. The remote controls for a VIDEO game actually have braille numbers on the bottom portion of the controller indicating the controller number.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

brewerjamie15 wrote:

The remote controls for a VIDEO game actually have braille numbers on the bottom portion of the controller indicating the controller number.

That ranks right up there with braille on drive through ATMs.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have a real cool dog I got from the pound. Smart, never tires of playing and amazingly athletic. The type of dog you'd like to make copies of which was the problem. As a pound puppy she had to be spayed so I can never have pups from her and I don't know exactly what breeds she has in her. She's a Border Collie mix but nobody knew what she was mixed with. After 5 1/2 years of wondering my wife sent a blood sample in to get her DNA profile for my birthday. Yesterday was my birthday but the profile isn't in yet. It is the best present she could have got me but the waiting is killing me.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Self checkout is wonderful.

Unless you happen to get there when there's 3 people who have no idea how to use it.

sigh.

Also, sometimes, I wish it were socially acceptable for me to ram my cart into other people's who just leave them blocking entire aisles without care or consideration of others.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

After 5 1/2 years of wondering my wife sent a blood sample in to get her DNA profile for my birthday. Yesterday was my birthday but the profile isn't in yet. It is the best present she could have got me but the waiting is killing me.

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to...but how much does that cost? We have a similar situation with our two dogs. We've been told what they are to a certain extent (lab mixes), but we're not sure what they really are.

We try to help the environment but clearly the nazi technology companies do not want us to succeed.

Isn't there a button that says, "Skip Bagging"?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We try to help the environment but clearly the nazi technology companies do not want us to succeed.

Yes, there is.

Before I comment further, let me state that I've worked in the grocery business for 21 years now (since junior year in HS), so I am biased.

I know I've chimed in on this topic somewhere before, but self-checkouts are the greatest thing to hit retail stores in a long time. I literally use them every day.

The biggest problem with these machines is the sensitivity to weight, but that is also a safeguard to ensure non-scanned items are not being placed in bags.

I just can't believe how many people are against this process (not referring to anyone here, but the general public). There are those who would rather be waited on by an employee and stand in line rather than zip through self-check. They say they're not being paid/getting a discount to do the work themselves...whatever. Then there are the folks who just don't want to embrace change and would rather gripe than learn.

Someday I may write a book about my experiences in the grocery world. The things we see every day would blow some people's minds.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I got my dog's genetic profile back today. It says she's pure border collie. I don't know why but I'm disappointed. She looks and acts just like a border, though she is intense even for that breed, but I guess I was hoping to find some sort of combination of breeds in her with the thought that I could get more like her. If she's just border alone then it's her not the breed that makes her so cool. Not that it's bad but it means I have no way to get another like her just by mixing the right breeds together. Oh well borders are cool in general so I can still get other cool dogs but having the best of them will make it hard to accept another when it's an average one.

JJhardy7 if you are interested I can send you the profile so you can see what you would get for your money if you decide to do it.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Someday I may write a book about my experiences in the grocery world. The things we see every day would blow some people's minds.

I have to say, my interest is piqued.

I have been a grocery shopper for 40 years, and I can't say that I've ever experienced something mindblowing. . .

Is it health department kind of stuff? Cookie thieves? People going into the express checkout lane with too many items?

Do tell. . .

That works all well and good when you are using the in store grocery bags.

The problem arises when I bring our own in and try to bag it that way. The machine won't let you do anything if it senses something that isn't suppose to be there (Our Bag). I suppose we could just press "Skip Bagging" all the time and bag everything on the floor but that would be a pain in the you know what.

The problem arises when I bring our own in and try to bag it that way. The machine won't let you do anything if it senses something that isn't suppose to be there (Our Bag). I suppose we could just press "Skip Bagging" all the time and bag everything on the floor but that would be a pain in the you know what.

Couldn't you just scan the first item, place it in your bag, then place both of them on the bagging sensor thing?

Couldn't you just scan the first item, place it in your bag, then place both of them on the bagging sensor thing?

I will give that a shot to see what happens

I have to say, my interest is piqued.

I have been a grocery shopper for 40 years, and I can't say that I've ever experienced something mindblowing. . .

OK, mind blowing may have been a bit strong, but there are things people do or say on daily basis that really make you wonder. Shoplifters alone could cover an entire book.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I worked for a grocery store for 3 years in high school and college and have gotten some amazing stories. Like saving a guy's life, getting a thief tasored by the police, seeing a guy bust out his own back window closing his trunk, and thats just the start. The only thing i miss about that job are the awesome stories that came from it.

I enjoy Championship Week on ESPN. Watching the non-major conference battles are a lot of fun, even if you know they're pretty much playing for a 15/16 seed and a date for becoming UConn fodder. In fact, my new favorite chant when watching such epic matchups as Radford-VMI is "You're the play-in!" (clap clap clap-clap-clap)

When we finally caved in and got cable back in 1993, it was installed just in time for the start of Championship Week, so we pretty much spent the first week of cable watching college hoops. That's probably how I got a soft spot for the week of conference championships.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I set my clocks too far ahead, and now it's the year 2063 at my house. We own a space ship which I drive to work at the speed of Mach 12. Best thing about it though; the Cubs still suck and have not won anything!
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived