Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is kind of weird:

Our house has a laundry chute. Once in a while a piece of clothing snags on a ductwork seam and doesn't reach the basement. Tonight, as I moved a load of laundry to the dryer, I realized that one pair of pants I'd put down the chute didn't make it to the bottom of the chute.

So I went up to the bathroom and reached down the chute to the seam where clothes are most likely to snag...and instead of pulling out the pair of pants I expected to see, I pulled out a T-shirt I didn't recognize. It had to have belonged to one of the women from whom we bought the house. We'll have lived here four years by summer 2009, so the shirt has been in laundry chute limbo for at least 3 1/2 years.

The weird part (I think) is that it's exactly the kind of shirt I would wear, still in decent shape, it's my size, and it's even in a color that looks good on me. I wonder if this has any meaning beyond "woohoo, bonus shirt for hawing." (I also found the pants I originally was looking for.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Done deal!
This thread is headed for infamy!
This is one of my proudest moments!

Jamie, for me, your post (reply #1981) is appearing at the top of page 67. Would you like me to PM you when I'm nearing page 100?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

this is post 1996 for me.

Must not count posts made by posters on "ignore"?

I'm sure Jamie will be excited to hear when I hit page 21. It will be post 2001 on my counter.

Milk is still $2.59-3.09, depending on brand, here in Arizona. DARN CALIFORNIA AND UTAH COWS!!

Fluid milk is a perishable product and can only be stored a short time. So they only bottle what they need and are slow to correct the price. Cheese, butter, and other milk products can go into cold storage. When inventories start to build price drops. Fluid consumption is down and so is cheese consumption; resulting cold storage stocks soaring and milk price plummeting.

You will soon see a lot of pizza places advertising pizzas with extra cheese. Also might see deals like buy a meal get free ice cream.

Any processed dairy product is going to be wicked cheap.

Must not count posts made by posters on "ignore"?

Ignore should count; those posts would be collapsed, but not totally hidden.

There must be six hidden posts in this thread. Reply numbering used to (and should) acknowledge hidden posts. Reply numbers are useless if mods and members are seeing different numbers.

As a mod, Jamie will see the same reply numbers that I do. However, when a mod tries to tell a member where to look for something, we're frequently out of luck... thus all the notes referring to stuff like "reply #50ish."

Anyone have any good ideas for cleaning an old fish tank that has a ton of algae caked on the glass. When I moved out of my mom's house after college I left my fish tank. Needless to say she didn't take care of it very well and it is incredibly dirty. I already tried just scraping at it with those pads but that did next to nothing. Are there any cleaning products available that could help me out?

I previously had fresh water fish in there but I am going to make it into a salt water tank and I want this thing spotless before I go ahead and start my new water. I just bought a house and I think this fish tank (50 gallons or so) will be a nice conversation piece, so I want it looking really nice.

Whoever invented the self-checkout lane at the supermarket should be given some type of award.
On many occasions, I agree. However, when I do it myself, I am only using 25% of the labor cost of a normal line (there is always one person for every four or so lines), so they should give us a discount for not using their labor. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

They also need to fix the bagging system on those self checkout aisles. We bring our own reusable bags to the grocery store, and it completely screws everything up because A. You have to place the items in the bagging area and B. If you place your reusable bag the screen blurts out that an undetected item is in the bagging area.

So right now we have to essentially bag everything in the store bags, check out, and then re bag everything into our. It a royal pain. Those bagging area have to awfully sensitive to alarm after placing a measly paper bag on the scale. We try to help the environment but clearly the nazi technology companies do not want us to succeed.

Main espn.com page has a feature story about some Kentucky high school basketball players. The middle thug in the giant picture associated with the article is sporting a Brewers hat. Represent.

http://espn.go.com/

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3927967&sportCat=highschool

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived