Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
on a whim, I decided to clean up the guide on my Directv. For some reason, FSN Wisconsin is coming in on 669!!! To me, this is big news, because usually it is an ALT channel and is "black screened." But the commercials were for FSN-WI and everything!!!

The bad news is that even though "Brewers Classics" is supposed to be on right now, they are actually airing some women's college hoops game between Tennessee and Georgia. But even during the game, the FSN-Wisconsin logo is in the corner of the screen.

This is potentially awesome, but it's likely just a goof by DTV.

I DVR'd it with TWC. All I got was the hoops game. That was what FSN-WI decided to broadcast, not an error by DTV. At the end the Tennessee coach was given some plaque so it must have been some important number game. (I fast forwarded through the whole thing wiating for it to break back into baseball. It never did)

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The significance of the Tennessee-Georgia game is that it proved to be Pat Summitt's 1000th coaching win. What was irritating about FSN-Wisconsin showing that game was that it was already being shown on ESPN. No offense to Pat or the Lady Vols, but I didn't need that particular game to display on two channels.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

when you have a cold and your sinuses are full of snot, you usually take some medicine. But when you do, the snot clears up for a few hours until the medicine wears off. Where does the snot go during those few hours? Is it a handful of miniature circus strongmen holding back the walls of snot in my nose and they finally succumb to the sheer weight of snot a few hours later?

Why hasn't anybody developed a "Mr. Sucky" tube for sinuses like you have at the dentist for sucking up drool? I'd love to be able to stick a tube into my sinus cavity and clean that sucker out. However, if you get too powerful of a tube, you might suck out some brains. That wouldn't be good.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Why hasn't anybody developed a "Mr. Sucky" tube for sinuses like you have at the dentist for sucking up drool? I'd love to be able to stick a tube into my sinus cavity and clean that sucker out. However, if you get too powerful of a tube, you might suck out some brains. That wouldn't be good.

A suction device for your nose does sound a little dangerous . . .

But if you're looking for something drug-free that actively cleans your nasal passages/sinuses, there are nasal irrigation products that are basically the exact opposite of suction - pouring/spraying liquid. I have a sinucleanse kit (http://www.sinucleanse.com/) and it works great when I'm seriously congested. The feeling of the irrigation is really quite strange at first (especially if you use a neti pot), but it can work wonders.

They have suction machines to get flem out of lungs so I imagine ti would work for the nose as well. Actually pretty easy to do. We had to learn how to use one when I was a kid because we had a kid we took care of through respite care who had to be suctioned out several times a day. It was almost as gross as feeding him through a tube in his stomach or change him.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Yep, we got one of those machines for our 3-yr-old. It's used primarily for suctioning out his trach, but there's also a nose attachment. Bill Cosby's "Glazed Doughnut Monster" bit never had as much meaning as after using that thing. There's also the the bulb sucker, which is basically a mini turkey baster. I personally would rather not use any of the above methods, and I'm just getting over a nasty sinus infection.

So I've recently started seeing a girl who is from Chicago and is a diehard Cubs fan (and supposedly despises the Brewers). She seems pretty great so far minus the whole cubs thing, and her family actually has four Cubs season tickets roughly 15 rows behind the Cubs dugout in the first level. Do I keep her, and live with the Cubs love (and hopefully, many tickets to Brewers-Cubs games at Wrigley), or drop her now before things get too involved???

Some friends and I got into a discussion a while ago similar to your story. Would you rather date someone who was a hardcore fan of your most hated team in sports, or rather they not be a sports fan at all? I'd rather have them be a hardcore Cubs fan, that way you can still talk about baseball with your girlfriend, which would be pretty awesome.

I think it depends. Is she the type that will rub things in your face when the Cubs do things well and take it like a real trooper when the Brewers do well? Or is she that type that will rub things in your face but cry to daddy when you try to do it to her? Or will she be totally cool about everything like a normal couple? Same questions for the rest of her family.

Personally, I don't think I could do it unless she and the family were cool about everything and playing everything up as very friendly competition.

By the way, thanks for the tips on my sinuses. The cold is probably halfway gone but sinuses still ache. My left nostril seems to be inflamed, too, and is very dryed out (press on the outside and the insides stick together for a split second).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For years when people post certain types of pictures it screws up the formatting of my browsers and I'm too lazy to do anything about it even though I'm a computer guy. I have no motivation to google it and fix the problem, even though I must have thought to myself 100s of times that I should address the problem. I say lazy because I've just gotten home from working out at the Y, I get up at 4:30 and I'm home by 6:00, not because I start work so early, but because I hate the afternoon rush and it's better to go in the morning and get it over with. I'm left wondering if my forced motivation to get out of bed and be productive (I'm actually the world's worst morning person) actually causes me to be more lazy during the day as I've let little things like this browser issue go all over the place because I'm annoyed but don't really care enough to do anything about them.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't understand twitter at all. So, what is it? From what I can see, it seems like bloggers use it to give condensed versions of their blog. If that's true, I still don't get it. Why not just go to the blog and read the headlines of each posting?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't understand twitter at all. So, what is it?
A way for people to feel self-important by reporting even the most mundane up-to-the-minute updates about their life to people who probably don't give a rat's behind about what they're doing anyway.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't understand twitter at all. So, what is it?
A way for people to feel self-important by reporting even the most mundane up-to-the-minute updates about their life to people who probably don't give a rat's behind about what they're doing anyway.
Plus it's a newer phenomenon than Facebook, which means it's automatically more hip....right?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Oh, absolutely. All the hipsters are a-twitter.

Wasn't "twit" another name for a nerd when we were growing up? Just looked it up...."a silly, annoying person". This service is very aptly named.

*tweet* I just took a sip of water.

Uh-oh, it's happening to me now. My subconscious hipster just twittered. Hope you all got the update.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived