Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
hey-- I just read your post, congrats. Please tell me its true they got rid of owen. I've been living in LA for the last month, (going home to madison in april), so i have no idea. Owen Murphy's on air bumbling and complete lack of insight was truely maddening for me to listen too.
I don't know, I always thought Owen was by far the more interesting and intelligent of the two. That's not saying much though, Mike Heller makes Joe Morgan sound interesting.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fiance and I are looking to buy a house this summer and in the course of our house shopping, we've come across quite a few interesting/disturbing/funny photos, but this one... well:

I am curious as to who would become more interested in buying this house after seeing that. Does it come with the little can thing under the sink?

I believe the real-estate term for this style is an "open-concept" bathroom.

Is that what appears to be the frame of a wall in that toilet shot? The realtor may refer to that as "barracks style".

Hawing, I was at that game and sitting 3rd base side, lower level and we had almost an entire section to ourselves.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

In the process of buying last year, I was shown a 3BR Ranch house with a 3x5 kitchen. If the fridge was open or the oven door down, you could not enter the room. Needless to say, both of them could not be open simultaneously. I believe the house is still on the market now at 75% of it's previously overpriced listing. Maybe it'll still be listed for when my baby is looking to buy.

EDIT: found a picture on shorewest.com Note the edge of the stove peeking out in the bottom corner. Tricky realtor photography. Between the counters, the kitchen is about as wide as a standard sink plus an extra six inches on each side.

http://www.redata.com/100021/shorew/stills/1054247fx.jpg

all the light switches in my parent's house are behind the door, meaning, when you walk into the dark room, you have step all the way in, shut the door, and then reach for the light switch.

Maddening.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I believe the real-estate term for this style is an "open-concept" bathroom.
My boyfriend and I went to New York a few weeks ago and stayed in a hotel with an open shower. While it was much nicer than the one pictured, intended to add a level of uniqueness to the experience, I never realized how important shower curtains were in terms of staying warm until using that shower. It was definitely interesting.

on a whim, I decided to clean up the guide on my Directv. For some reason, FSN Wisconsin is coming in on 669!!! To me, this is big news, because usually it is an ALT channel and is "black screened." But the commercials were for FSN-WI and everything!!!

The bad news is that even though "Brewers Classics" is supposed to be on right now, they are actually airing some women's college hoops game between Tennessee and Georgia. But even during the game, the FSN-Wisconsin logo is in the corner of the screen.

This is potentially awesome, but it's likely just a goof by DTV.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's odd hearing what sounds like a gunshot at 1:10 AM in February. I guess someone's looking for some after-bar entertainment.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The fiance and I are looking to buy a house this summer

So what is the toilet house going for in the Twin Cities, 'bout $300K?

The Twin Cities, like many areas, is full of keep-up-with-the-Joneses idiots who've spent 8X their annual income on a pre-WWII scrap heap. I'm guessing they're all bailing and selling at a loss now, though.

Meanwhile, I just checked out a 3,400 sq ft. 4-bed 2.5-bath brick house built in 2004 for $156,500. The lady friend needs to hurry up, defend that thesis and get a job so we know what part of town we're moving to before the market begins recovering.

So what is the toilet house going for in the Twin Cities, 'bout $300K?
You know, in times like these, you can get that house for around $150 K.

We're currently zeroed in on a beautiful 1600 square foot mini-Victorian about a mile from downtown for around $90 K. We just have to figure out whether we can get used to on-street parking only. And it's two places down from a restaurant called The Strip Club. They sell steaks, folks.

I had to interview my grandparents about important places in their life. After listening to my grandma talk about how the only important place was the home that she has lived in for 48 years, i turned to my grandpa. He told me the story about how he was part of the group that captured the eagles nest in WWII. He said his job was to bomb the crap out of it, but once they got there plans changed. He stayed there for a whole year. I thought that was pretty sweet.

I had to interview my grandparents about important places in their life. After listening to my grandma talk about how the only important place was the home that she has lived in for 48 years, i turned to my grandpa. He told me the story about how he was part of the group that captured the eagles nest in WWII. He said his job was to bomb the crap out of it, but once they got there plans changed. He stayed there for a whole year. I thought that was pretty sweet.
I would LOVE to have a talk with your grandpa. That sounds like an incredible story.

In the process of buying last year, I was shown a 3BR Ranch house with a 3x5 kitchen. If the fridge was open or the oven door down, you could not enter the room. Needless to say, both of them could not be open simultaneously. I believe the house is still on the market now at 75% of it's previously overpriced listing. Maybe it'll still be listed for when my baby is looking to buy.

EDIT: found a picture on shorewest.com Note the edge of the stove peeking out in the bottom corner. Tricky realtor photography. Between the counters, the kitchen is about as wide as a standard sink plus an extra six inches on each side.

http://www.redata.com/100021/shorew/stills/1054247fx.jpg

With apologies for quoting all of GYPE's post, I found a house in Madison with a kitchen just like this - right down to the inability to use the refrigerator and stove simultaneously. We walked by the house Sunday (didn't go in), noted how tiny it looked from the outside, and I vowed to look into that once we got home.

Only check it out - they installed all black cabinets and nearly-all black appliances to increase the claustrophobic vibe!

http://www.redata.com/100005/61/stills/1546644bs.jpg

The whole house is 1894 "finished square feet", and based on the other photos, I'd say almost half of that is a semi-finished basement room.

I don't even want to tell you what the sellers are hoping to get for the house, because it will make Madisonians look like doofuses.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

They're kitchen twins, except yours is mine (well, not that they're remotely ours) on steroids. The kitchen in my photo literally ends at the end of the fridge/stove. I pity the poor old lady sent to slave away in that for 50 years.

I would LOVE to have a talk with your grandpa. That sounds like an incredible story.

iHARTbrewCREW, your comment reminded me of the final episode of HBO's "Band of Brothers" (adapted from the book by Wisconsin's own Stephen E. Ambrose).

According to the Wikipedia article, there's some dispute over who was the first unit to the Eagle's Nest...historians credit the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, but the real-life Major Winters insists that it was Easy Company. It would be interesting to hear your grandpa's side of the story. Do you know which unit he served with?

Wait, what? You must be better at making him talk... I never got stories out of him.. Grandpa rules!

iHARTbrewCREW, your comment reminded me of the final episode of HBO's "Band of Brothers" (adapted from the book by Wisconsin's own Stephen E. Ambrose).

According to the Wikipedia article, there's some dispute over who was the first unit to the Eagle's Nest...historians credit the U.S. 3rd Infantry Division, but the real-life Major Winters insists that it was Easy Company. It would be interesting to hear your grandpa's side of the story. Do you know which unit he served with?

Band of brothers is where i learned what the eagles nest was. Im gonna try and get some more information out of him when I have some time to. It would be awesome if it was easy company, but right now i have no idea.

For Christmas 2000, one of my gifts to the S.O. was a two-foot-tall, plastic bank shaped like a Coca-Cola bottle.

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/images/p5566b.jpg

(This is a stock photo from a catalog. It is not the S.O. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif)

He began to save all his change (rarely if ever paying exact change for anything), and filled up the bank last fall. Last weekend we realized the plastic was cracking from the weight of the coins, and he decided it was time to count the contents. It was over $1300.00.

I'm trying to persuade him that this is a sign we should replace our main TV, but really we should probably wait to see what the state budget is going to be like first.

If you needed incentive to start saving your change, here it is.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived