Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday morning after I got back inside from taking out the recycling, I saw that our dog had cornered our cat in the kitchen. While they were batting at each other (the dog thinks it is play, the cat thinks quite the opposite), the dog must have sufficiently scared the cat to make it poop on the floor. After the cat pooped on the floor, the dog ate the poop and walked away. I had to live with that image for the rest of my day.

That was the second thing I thought.

The first thing I thought was had to do with this: My seven month old daughter had been constipated until the night before the poop eating incident. I say until the night before because I don't know if it was the applesauce or the pears we gave her, but she pooped three pretty big ones over the course of about 20 minutes. The first one was a diaper poop. The second one was as she was standing half naked at the gate inside her room, she looked at me as I was washing my hands and pooped on the floor. The third one was when I was laying her down to put a new diaper on, she pooped on her bed, narrowly missing my hands. She also peed on my shirt as I was carrying her over to her bed.

So my first thought was... if I had brought the dog up to her room, would he have cleaned up the floor poop for me? If only I would have known.

I love commercials that state, "In taste tests, our product ranks higher than the leading brand."

Then aren't you really stating that you're not #1 brand? Sure, people might think it tastes better but it's not doing anything for sales, since you're NOT the leading brand.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Playing again off the past few posts...

There's a billboard in Madison that reads "9 out of 10 Doctors agree giving makes you feel good," asking for donations to a charity. I'm sure it was a made up stat, but if it was real I'd like to have been their during the questioning:

Questioner: "Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Giving makes you feel good."

Doctor 1: "Agree"

Doctor 2: "Agree"

Doctor 3: "Agree"

Doctor 4: "Agree"

Doctor 5: "Agree"

Doctor 6: "Agree"

Doctor 7: "Agree"

Doctor 8: "Agree"

Doctor 9: "Agree"

Doctor 10: "Disagree. I'd rather buy a waverunner. Try frowning on a waverunner."

*Dan Tosh

That Geico has decided to change its "spokesman" from a talking Gecko to a stack of money with plastic eyeballs seems like a weird choice. Not that it wasn't time for a change, but a stack of money? Really? Someone got paid to come up with that? I actually kind of like it in a strange way.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Fans of UW athletics who have become dismayed by the Badgers' off year in many if not most high-profile sports should consider checking out women's hockey. We went to their 7-0 pasting of Ohio State on Saturday and had a great time.

All seats are $5.00 (cheaper for kids and students) and general admission. There's a (smaller) band and (smaller) student section. The Badgers are coached by former Olympian and future Olympic coach Mark Johnson. And the lady Badgers rake on ice. What's not to love?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Every year a few weeks before valentines day we get an increase in love and just because balloon bouquets sent from women to men. I always suspected this was to get a better valentines day present. Today we had a very fun gal in the store ordering one so I asked if she was just plying for a better valentines day present. She laughed and said she hadn't thought about that but she was sending it out because her husband forgot her birthday last year and it was coming up in a week so she wanted to send him something as a gentle reminder. Then she added if he did forget she would at least be able to make him feel real bad. Women are so devious.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I wrote in an email to The Mike Heller Show (formerly "Heller and Murphy") on 1070 in Madison about the fact that JJ Hardy is currently the Brewers' most valuable player according to Win-Values and that the Brewers could be better off trading Escobar if the SS log jam became a pressing issue.

It was read on the air as their Email of the Day and apparently I win a Milio's gift certificate. I'm not trying to gloat, I just think it's funny that I won something off of readily available statistics. Thank you, FanGraphs!

hey-- I just read your post, congrats. Please tell me its true they got rid of owen. I've been living in LA for the last month, (going home to madison in april), so i have no idea. Owen Murphy's on air bumbling and complete lack of insight was truely maddening for me to listen too.

Please tell me its true they got rid of owen.
Ask and ye shall receive. Owen left for Seattle in January.

This isn't a random thought for brewerfan.net, but I don't think it warrants a separate thread:

FSWisconsin is showing the Brewers Classic from 2004 when Ben struck out all those Braves. The first thing I noticed that seemed really strange? Gobs of empty seats in Miller Park on a nice Sunday afternoon. When was the last time a Sunday game sold poorly at MP? Not in 2008. How far they've come.

(The second thing I noticed was Carne Estrada at a healthy-looking weight.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The fiance and I are looking to buy a house this summer and in the course of our house shopping, we've come across quite a few interesting/disturbing/funny photos, but this one... well:

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/ccb15d4698d79a20171f8189d148160b894c526.jpg

I am curious as to who would become more interested in buying this house after seeing that. Does it come with the little can thing under the sink?

Gerbil. We have two gerbils and each time we put them in their gerbil balls for some exercise, they crap all over the plastic balls and run around the kitchen slamming into the stove. I accidentally kicked a ball sending "Tom" into a wicked spin. He was ok, I felt bad about it so I gave him a sunflower seed. We're cool.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived