Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent nearly 3 hours in Archiver's today with my bride to be, designing our wedding invitations that we will at some point be making. This leads me to make three points:

-It's amazing how much less expensive it is to make your own wedding invitations.

-When we were looking at rubber stamps (which will no doubt add some degree of flourish and pizazz to our invitations) I saw Christmas stamps with words like "NOEL" and "JOY" and it occurred to me, has a guy named Noel ever married a girl named Joy?

-Long Island Ice Tea at Tony Roma's are not very good, even when you have a few.

Just got back from a week in St. Louis.

Eating in Missouri is done at one's own risk. There's no restaurant inspection to speak of.

Google Chrome is insanely fast, but trying to quote someone on this board is pretty screwed up.

Chrome and Safari users should choose the bbcode editor. Hit the Account link in the navigation bar, hit the Preferences link, choose the bbcode radio button under Editor Type, and hit the submit button.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The whole deer being run over by snowmobiles is very disturbing (as is the new story about the mallards). However, I'm trying to picture how a snowmobile runs over a deer and how they managed to "round them up".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I wrote in an email to The Mike Heller Show (formerly "Heller and Murphy") on 1070 in Madison about the fact that JJ Hardy is currently the Brewers' most valuable player according to Win-Values and that the Brewers could be better off trading Escobar if the SS log jam became a pressing issue.

It was read on the air as their Email of the Day and apparently I win a Milio's gift certificate. I'm not trying to gloat, I just think it's funny that I won something off of readily available statistics. Thank you, FanGraphs!

I say gloat away! That's awsome. Also, I'm very much in the camp of signing Hardy to a LT deal and trading Escobar if one or the other can not change positions.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

"Going out of business" stores are always depressing to visit, and the west Madison location of Circuit City today was no exception. It was quite picked over already.

As a silver lining, though, the guys working the registers didn't seem to care what we paid for things, so we were given discounts much deeper than the posted 10%. I could see their point. What's going to happen if they undercharge us on a universal remote? The company goes bankrupt and they all lose their jobs?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The whole deer being run over by snowmobiles is very disturbing (as is the new story about the mallards). However, I'm trying to picture how a snowmobile runs over a deer and how they managed to "round them up".

Guys are complete idiots, look up the guys charged in Wisconsin court records.

A few idiots ruin it for everyone.

It seems every time I see a sign on the trail such as "Stay on trail or stay home" or "Stay on trail or trail will be closed" or "Stay on Trail New Seeding" some idiot has to go ride all over the field.

-When we were looking at rubber stamps (which will no doubt add some degree of flourish and pizazz to our invitations) I saw Christmas stamps with words like "NOEL" and "JOY" and it occurred to me, has a guy named Noel ever married a girl named Joy?
One of the guys I work with is named Noel and his wife is named Holly, both born on Christmas day.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Think about who designs the keyboard. Programmers.

The question mark has always been a shifted character to the right of "M"

/old guy

It had never occured to me that the name of the "Shift" key dated to typewriters, but it makes perfect sense.

*The More You Know . . .

Old school typewriters did not have a "0" or "1" key, either. I had completely forgotten about that. I think you had to use a capital O and a lowercase l.

"Going out of business" stores are always depressing to visit, and the west Madison location of Circuit City today was no exception. It was quite picked over already.

As a silver lining, though, the guys working the registers didn't seem to care what we paid for things, so we were given discounts much deeper than the posted 10%. I could see their point. What's going to happen if they undercharge us on a universal remote? The company goes bankrupt and they all lose their jobs?

We stopped by that store too, and I was disappointed that they were only offering discounts up to 30% (only 10% on big ticket items). The way I look at it, the prices were probably already about 5-10% higher, so there really weren't any good deals at all. I was hoping to go in and score something for a ridiculous price. I may stop by in another week or so to see if the discounts are any better.

I don't think you will find any great bargains by going back. There are rules to selling assets during bankruptcy. They can't just sell everything for pennies on the dollar since those assets represent a portion of what their creditors are owed. That is money they owe other people not their own anymore. The only real good going out of business sales are ones not under bankruptcy protection.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I'm not a fan of special store warranties and I almost never buy them, but I happen to have one on the monitor I purchased from Circuit City. I'll have to see if it's still going to be honored in some way or if I'm poop out of luck.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not a fan of special store warranties and I almost never buy them, but I happen to have one on the monitor I purchased from Circuit City. I'll have to see if it's still going to be honored in some way or if I'm poop out of luck.

I'm pretty sure you're in luck. I believe I read they are honoring all warranties. So you can still take a hammer to it and get some money a few days before it expires. Go Ethics!

Those extended warranties are almost always backed by third-party insurers (in this case, Assurant Solutions) so there is no need to worry.

http://blogs.courant.com/...ty-warranties-backed.html

Archived