Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live and work in Chicago. On Monday I pinned my ratty; old ball and glove logo Brewers pennant up in my cubicle. It gives me small amounts of joy to point out to all my Cubs/White Sox fan co-workers that the glove is an "M" and a "B." This is typically followed by, "Wow, I never noticed that. That's so cool."

TracyThom, I too can not stop watching "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story." I am also inexplicably compelled to watch Galaxy Quest whenever it is on.

Two movie scenes that I am embarrassed to say give me chills every time I see it:

The slo-mo popcorn scene to Tears for Fears at the end of "Real Genius."

Rodney Dangerfield reciting the Dylan Thomas poem in "Back to School."

Not phrases:

All of the sudden
He/she borrowed me...
By in large
Could/should/would of
Different than
Easedrop
Embaress
Every since...
Exspecially
For all intensive purposes
Greater/less then
Hone in (on)
Hippocritical
I seen...
Irregardless
Libary
Mash potatoes
Must of
Nuclear
One in the same
Ostensively
Pedal to the medal
Perogative
PIN number
ATM Machine
Pre-Madonna
Reap what you sew
Rediculous
Reoccurring
Road to hoe
Sacreligious
Shutter to think
Statue of limitations
Suppose to/Use to
These ones...
Tooken
Unconscience
Wet your whistle
Wheelbarrel
A whole 'nother...
Ying & yang

[/English nerd rant]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

You'd think that if your feet are cold socks should warm them up. I put some on like 15 minutes ago and nothing. Still cold. So I'm going to take advantage of the wife going to bed early and go get a beer. That should warm my toes.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

You'd think that if your feet are cold socks should warm them up. I put some on like 15 minutes ago and nothing. Still cold. So I'm going to take advantage of the wife going to bed early and go get a beer. That should warm my toes.

Socks (like blankets) only work by trapping and convecting pre-exsting heat. If your feet didn't have much warmth to begin with it'd take a long time to warm them up with just socks. Might as well have a beer while you wait. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I saw a Cubs fan passed out in front of a urinal today. Pee'd all over himself.

Apparently, "peeing your pants for the Cubs" is being in first place in April.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I was out in my backyard today and decided to light the burn barrel for warmth and to get rid of some old branches and lumber scraps. (Did you know you can put that ash in your vegetable garden as organic matter?) Anyhow, I put some newspaper in the barrel, and some wood. I poured on a bit of gas to help ignite it. I tossed the match in from a few feet away. The bucket/fire made a "whoosh" sound. "Whoosh".

I just wanted to describe that part of my day because I got to use the term "whoosh".

neat-o

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

When Sunday night's game started with an ordinary round of starting lineups, I realized there was no Culver's Major League Moment. Then we checked the Gameday program's list of season-long promotions...nothing. Googled the phrase "culver's major league moment" - no results more recent than 2008.

That is a bummer and a half. Seeing for myself last spring what an experience bensheeps' son had on the field, I was planning to enter my nephew's name again.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I saw a game used batting helmet of Mitch Stetter at one of the shops at Miller Park and they were asking $200 for it. No way am I spending $200 on any game used item unless its a jersey of my favorite player. I wish I could haggle with them and get it down to $100 since that would be reasonable for it.

When Sunday night's game started with an ordinary round of starting lineups, I realized there was no Culver's Major League Moment.
I really hope that is because it was a night game.

I loved the kids running out onto the field every Sunday!

I saw a game used batting helmet of Mitch Stetter at one of the shops at Miller Park and they were asking $200 for it. No way am I spending $200 on any game used item unless its a jersey of my favorite player. I wish I could haggle with them and get it down to $100 since that would be reasonable for it.

Who decides something like this is a good idea? A Mitch freaking Stetter helmet. I mean come on. Is there really a large market for this sort of thing out there

I really want it though haha. The guy is my favorite player http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif but $200!!! That can buy a lot so I hope it stays there awhile so when my change jar fills up, I will buy it then. Who knows? Maybe it will be $100 by then.

They also had a Brian Shouse batting helmet for $200 and a Hardy helmet for $300. A Manny Parra game used jersey: $800! Ouch!

They have a signed Suppan jersey in the women's section of the store for $1200, before the game Sunday night every person who was in there and looked at the price tag actually laughed out loud and when I got to the check out line it was being discussed by 2 or 3 different groups of people. (i couldn't tell if some were together or not)

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Has Mitch Stetter actually ever hit in a game to actually use a batting helmet? The helmet could be one of a kind!!!
As a matter of fact, he hit in one game last year and struck out. So yup, it is one of a kind!!!

I hope they put the jerseys they are using today up for auction.

Archived