Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05

TV Land has access to oodles of old TV shows, but they still air 3-6 hours' worth of Andy Griffith almost every day.

Can anyone explain this? Would I understand it better if I had been born in the 50s instead of the 60s?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of the reason behind the zaniness of biking jerseys is that they should be easy to see to keep cyclists from becoming roadkill. It's possible to find them without advertisements, but they should still have colors or graphics that standout.

One time I had just finished a little 30 mile charity ride. I was riding alone, but among several hundred cyclists. The ride went smoothly, and I was on my way back to my car, when I reached a stop sign and forgot to unclip my shoes, and ended up tipping over in front of a crowd. Humbling.

But my jersey looked bright and colorful. . .

My wife is in her mid-40s and I've known her for 25 years. To this day, whenever she sees a rainbow, she stops to admire it.

Rainbows are fine, but it's not like there's not going to be another one. . .

I think she gets a little perturbed that I don't share her fondness for rainbows.

Sorry about this long random thought, but it's something that has bothered me for a while...

I work downtown and frequently eat lunch at The Grand Avenue. If you are not familiar or have not been to the Grand Ave lately, it is a run down mall with mostly fly by night stores that seem to come and go. Many of the chain type stores that you find in other malls have either come and gone or were never attracted to the mall to begin with. Also, in regards to the clientele that frequents the mall, let's just say I would never use the bathroom there, no matter how bad I had to go.

What kills me though is the amount of customers that the Cell phone stores and kiosks continue to attract. There has to be more to this than people just going in to buy a phone because they need one. I don't know, maybe I'm just different, but I buy a phone and use it for 3 or more years before I get a new one. I don't understand how the cell phone stores can be so crowded all the time.

I was in Radio Shack today waiting in line behind a guy with his "entourage" buying a cell phone. I listened while the sales person asked him questions. He gave his name as "T". Not Tony, Ted, or Travis - just "T". The sales person had to ask him for his birth date twice for some reason and each time he gave a different date. The sales person pointed it out but I could tell he didn't want to be too confrontational about it as continued to process the transaction without clarifying what the actual birth date was. The last name, and address that was given seemed made up.

Is this just a matter of "floating" cell phones? Perhaps they are behind on their cell phone bill and there phone is about to be deactivated, so they just go and by a new one and never pay the old bill? Then, they continue to play this game. Going to a different cell phone provider each time they fall behind on there bills?

I don't know, just a guess. Or maybe I'm just too cynical. Anyone else ever notice this?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It doesn't happen so much on this forum, but why do people say "thats my 2 cents" or some variation? It's just stupid and annoying to me.

What about comments from the peanut gallery?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Just another way to say its just your opinion--i like it better than IMO. But that's just my $.02

I knew some wiseguy would say something like that. The peanut gallery one is pretty bad too.

I was going to post

It doesn't happen so much on this forum, but why do people say "thats my 2 cents" or some variation? It's just stupid and annoying to me.

I agree, but that's just my 2 cents.

However I had been drinking and didn't trust my own judgment at that point.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So, the S.O. reports that someone from the Brewers called him at work today, wondering if he would be interested in a 2009 season ticket package.

We've had a package every year but one since 1992, every year since 1996, and we've had two partial packages since 2008.

It obviously wasn't our ticket rep (who checked when the S.O. reported our long season ticket customer history, and apologized upon seeing our record).

I wish I'd gotten the call. I might have given him the SIEVE chant, in a friendly way of course. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is probably one of the better april fools jokes I have heard this year...if it would have worked right, from fmylife.com

Today, for April fools I decided to set off the smoke detectors in my friends apartment while he was sleeping and saran wrap the outside of his bedroom doorway so he would smack into it. Instead, he jumped out the window and broke his leg. FML

It took me until today, ~28-ish years, to realize the irony of "Bud" Selig being the founder/president/still-has-ties-to/etc of a team named for and strictly associated with Milwaukee beer. Maybe for an April Fool's joke there should have been an article about him changing his name to "Miller" Selig.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Went on a home visit to a house we're thinking of buying and when we were about to drive away, we saw that my right rear tire was totally flat. There was a staple or something in the tire. What we can't figure out is if it's a bad omen that I ran over a staple in front of the house, or a good omen, like the house wants us to stay or something.

Yahoo! MLB Predictions

If you're going to make predictions about the records of each team, can we at least assume that the league-wide record will be 2430-2430? Maybe I'm nitpicking, but if you're going to publish a prediction, at least expend the effort to making sure your numbers are accurate:

Brown: 2416-2444

Passan: 2430-2430

Edes: 2425-2435

Henson: 2416-2444

Also bad to endorse the slap chop (my fav. part is "fettucini, linguini, martini, bikini") during this little mess.

on edit I miss read your post. You and I refer to the same mess.

My not so random thought is that sometimes I read too fast and see what I want not what is typed.

Archived