Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ate too many wings and had too many beers.
As Ralph Wiggum would say, that be unpossible. I've never read anything on this board more deserving of being in blue.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I've worn sideburns since growing a beard for a play in 1998, and I think I'll wear them forever now (except for when I shave everything off today for St. Baldrick's of course), no matter how out of style they may or may not be through the years. I think they provide a little definition to my potato face.

They're pretty simple straight down the cheek to the jawline, though; mutton chops might be a step over the line for me, don't think I could pull them off.

My wife and I went to a Baby Expo here in San Antonio this afternoon (our little girl is due within the next month) and Tyler Florence was there. He was giving away samples of his new baby food that's all natural, all organic. I don't know which was cooler....I talked to Tyler Florence or I ate baby food!

The Counting Crows never got enough love.

Hate to be a stickler....wait, who am I kidding, I love to be a stickler. The name of the band is "Counting Crows"...not "The Counting Crows".

"The" would be the first word in that sentence, and thus, should be capitalized.

/stickler

Yeah, but it seems more correct to say, "Counting Crows never got enough love." Since the name of the band in this case is also a plural noun phrase, it's tempting to want to preface it with "the," but there's no reason to do so.

You wouldn't say, "The Air Supply never got enough love." (That I, and perhaps others, would be more likely to say, "Air Supply got way more love than was ever warranted" is another point entirely.)

/more stickler than you

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Grammar nazis! I originally wrote it as Counting Crows... but it looked wrong and didn't sound right so I added the "The" to the start... who knew...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Air Supply did an infomercial for Time Life Classic Soft Rock. Most of the music on it wasn't that bad, but I wanted to hit myself with a sledge hammer when they started singing "Lost In Love" after they came back from telling you how to order.

I've seen too much bad wearin' of the green today to be able to ignore it.

If all you have is minty green, neon lime green or olive, let it be. If you really want to pay homage to the Irish, do it right - get some kelly or forest green.

I was not one of those chicks who liked Air Supply, even in their heyday when I was probably squarely in their target audience.

You know what's scary? This.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I love the Snuggie commercial. I can't decide which I like more, the shot of the family roasting marshmallows around the campfire in snuggies, or the shot of them at a football game. They both make me laugh out loud.
I just saw their new commercial for the min-snuggie yesterday. Itlooks like there is a developing cult for this product. I firmly believe that the developer of the snuggie knew that his/her product was just stupid, but it is stupid enough that people would buy it just to see how stupid it is. I could see a bunch of college kids buying it to go bar hopping with too. They are apparently coming out with more colors this year so obviously people are buying it.

This product is almost as bad as Billy's Mays' latest pitch, that mini-burger cooker thing. There is no way that I can actually see that thing working like they show it on TV.

My girlfriend got me a Snuggie as a "welcome home" joke gift when I got back from Hollywood last weekend. I'm trying to find someone who can put a big ball & glove logo on it so I can sport it with pride when I head out for the San Francisco games next month.

Archived