Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2009 (Jan. – April)

GAME05
My girl scout cookies have come. One box down. No razor blades yet. More to come if that changes.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When someone will say "Try and (blank)" instead of "Try to (blank)" When I lived in the dorms, the computer lab in the basement had a sign that said "Try and remember to log out!" Apparently not only should we attempt to log out, we should also remember to.

Whoa, new screen name! Bless you, my children!
While Brewerfan recognizes your reverendness, much like Dane County, Yuku doesn't. If you click on your profile, you'll see that you're still plain old SeriesFinale to them.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Whoa, new screen name! Bless you, my children!
Is the reason behind the new name as obvious as it would seem or is there a story?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I have a co worker who says "And Stuff" at the end of every sentence.
About 12 years ago at my high school that was a huge fad.

I swear, every sentence had at least one "stuff" in it - followed by an "and stuff".

Man. Teenagers are dumb. (If you take offense to that, don't worry - you are dumb right now. In a few years, it won't bother you anymore!)

If you're a grammar enthusiast, don't move to Texas.

"Whenever I was 10 I loved Batman". No, it's not "whenever" because that was 1986, not some unspecified recurring time.

"I took the ball and chunked it".

Where's your bathroom. "Do what?" No, I didn't ask you to do anything.

"I went to lunch at Mack Donald's".

"Fixin' to".

"Eckspecially"

"Catty corner"

Of course, as bad as it is, it still isn't Alabama. I have an aunt from Mobile and she may as well be speaking Persian.

The best part is, because I'm not a Wisconsin resident, in Dane County I need to have a letter of sponsorship from another minister of my faith (!) who does reside there, so I had my mother in Ontario get online and get ordained as well.

I could have done that for you. I have my faded, yellowed printed certificate in a box right by the computer.

All of you grammar-heads remember that there is a "What's Bugging You?" thread, right? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Unless, of course, you agree with me that such petty concerns are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else. If that's the case, carry on.

People have asked me before if I'm from Canada. (I'm not - Wisconsinite all the way.) I think it's because I bother to enunciate.
You should have blamed your cats... the cats are my scape goat for everything... missing remote, the terrible 2 knocked it under couch... missing keys, the cats must have been playing with them... I do laundry and always have 1 sock I'm unable to match, well obviously the cats were playing with it behind a piece of furniture... You get the idea. Instead of a rational explanation, always go to the irrational... it's much more sporting.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

...or rather, cats are for dipwads.
Oh, those are fighting words.

And actually, it was mostly during college (before I had cats) that people thought I was Canadian. I was taking linguistics classes at the time and I think that made me enunciate more.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was in an elevator in a South Carolina hotel once with my dad along with a hotel maid who asked "Ya'll from Wisconsin?" while we were talking, which I thought was pretty impressive. Granted I haven't been in the South much, but I definitely would not be able to pick out the difference between someone from South Carolina or Alabama, for example.

The wife and I went to BW3 for lunch and to watch the Badgers (day off at school today). I ate too many wings and had too many beers. And I have to go play poker tonight.

Oh, wait. I thought this was the "What's NOT Bugging You" thread.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived