Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had 2 what I'd consider girlfriends in my life, 1 my high school sweetheart/ and fiance for 8ish years and a second for about 9 months, ending not too long ago. Both were named Amanda. What is the statistical probability that the next one will be named Amanda as well? After both ending kinda badly, do I just run away from all Amanda's the rest of my life?

I've had 2 what I'd consider girlfriends in my life, 1 my high school sweetheart/ and fiance for 8ish years and a second for about 9 months, ending not too long ago. Both were named Amanda. What is the statistical probability that the next one will be named Amanda as well? After both ending kinda badly, do I just run away from all Amanda's the rest of my life?
Not sure, but I bet you hate that one Boston song, huh?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

One summer I dated a girl named Julie who I met through a friend named Laura, then dated a different girl named Laura while being semi-stalked by a different girl named Laura, and then dated yet a different girl named Julie. That's 2 Julies and 3 Lauras. It was so confusing.

One summer I dated a girl named Julie who I met through a friend named Laura, then dated a different girl named Laura while being semi-stalked by a different girl named Laura, and then dated yet a different girl named Julie. That's 2 Julies and 3 Lauras. It was so confusing.
For the record, I'd like to state that I am none of these Lauras.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

One summer I dated a girl named Julie who I met through a friend

named Laura, then dated a different girl named Laura while being

semi-stalked by a different girl named Laura, and then dated yet a

different girl named Julie. That's 2 Julies and 3 Lauras. It was so

confusing.

That's ok , my Mom's name is Julie, my bro-in-law who married my sister, his mom is named Julie, My ex fiances mothers name was Julie. It was funny when it meant something. Although now I've become fast friends with a girl named Julie. So Julie is just as prominent. Anyways I have a hard time coming with a way to distinguishing the two Amandas when I talk to people about them, because recently, I've become friends with both of them again. I'm not a last name kind of person and neither are the two Amandas. I've resorted to Old/New or 1.0/2.0 and it feels completely awkward, but they are both Amandas and not Amy or Mandy or etc

Not sure, but I bet you hate that one Boston song, huh?

Heh, You would think so, but I never attached any personal connection between either Amanda and Boston. Good thing I guess

There are three Dans in my family: my brother, my brother-in-law and one of my nephews (the brother-in-law's son, which adds to the fun because they also have the same last name). Two additional Dans, between my side of the family and the S.O.'s, died in recent years, otherwise there would be even more Dans. Needless to say, there is not much point to referring to just "Dan" in our household.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have a friend who married Jenny number 5.

Yes. Over the course of 10 years or so, he dated 5 Jenny's.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't know if someone posted this website yet, but it's hillaaarious. NSFW because of language.
Thanks! I checked this out last night. My daughter was soundly sleeping on me at the time and kept stirring due to my body shaking from laughter.

Verified Member
I've had 2 what I'd consider girlfriends in my life, 1 my high school sweetheart/ and fiance for 8ish years and a second for about 9 months, ending not too long ago. Both were named Amanda. What is the statistical probability that the next one will be named Amanda as well?
Since you asked - 1 in 245,074.

(624470/309143691)*(624469/309143690)

http://ww2.howmanyofme.com/search/

I can play this game too, except with relatives professions on my mom's side of the family. Most are either a teacher/principal or a nurse. My mom is the youngest with 7 brothers and sisters. The oldest is a teacher, the second oldest is the only couple that screws it up as neither are, but the third oldest is a principal, and his wife is a nurse, fourth is a teacher, fifth is a principal and wife is a nurse, 6th and wife are principals, 7th is a nurse and my mom is a nurse. Now, my cousins are starting as well, oldest has a teaching degree, and third oldest is a teacher. If I expand it and say governmental service or service to society, the oldest's ex husband was in the navy, #2 gets added in as he is a surveyor for the government, cousin #6 is becoming a lawyer, and I'm working on becoming a police officer.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Verified Member

I won't be buying that Mickey Mouse Brewers figure. . .and I suspect most of those will end up on the $1 table at a rummage sale near you.

I just don't get the Disney tie-in.

Disney seems to find odd places for their character placement. A couple years ago, Mickey and Minnie were featured throughout Singapore during the Chinese zodiac Year of the Rat. It looked odd to me--just as that Brewers Mickey seems dumb.

We already have Bernie and the sausages, not sure why there would be a market for more.

Archived