Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton

I was shopping in one of Singapore's Toys R Us stores this weekend and saw a set of WWE action figures featuring Finlay and Hornswoggle.

If you're unaware, Hornswoggle is a 23 year old midget (sorry if that's politically incorrect) wrestler from Oshkosh.

To think about the struggles he and his family had to endure during his childhood, to see him celebrated in an action figure, being sold in stores halfway around the world made me exceedingly happy.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A WMLW commercial for Brewers broadcasts says, "15 games against the best teams in the National League!"

Then it continues with "Watch as the Brewers take on the Pirates!"

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Still won't convince me to eat at McDonald's if there's another food option within 10 miles.

Good for you, that stuff is poison. I wish I had the willpower to avoid them fully, but I find myself in the drive-thru line 10 times a year and always regret it.

Let me make it clear - I rarely eat at McDonald's. Last night it was down to the overpriced hotel restaurant, a Chipotle which already gave me gastric distress on this trip, and the arches. The oatmeal in this context was comforting.

Of course, I could make the same thing myself once we're back home.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Pepcid AC, Pepcid Complete, or the generic equivalent of one of those is a necessity while traveling.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

When I got out of college, my first job was working in retail. We only got a half hour lunch, and they were pretty strict about clocking in and out. I often brought a lunch, but if I didn't, the only nearby places to eat were McDonald's and Arbys. Can't stand either place any more from over indulging in both when I was working there.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

When I got out of college, my first job was working in retail. We only got a half hour lunch, and they were pretty strict about clocking in and out. I often brought a lunch, but if I didn't, the only nearby places to eat were McDonald's and Arbys. Can't stand either place any more from over indulging in both when I was working there.
That's exactly how I feel about Rocky Rococo pizza. My first semester at UW-Madison, I had a library job that started before the dorm cafeteria opened for supper, so I had a Rocky's slice two evenings a week for that one semester. That'll be 25 years ago this fall, and I still shy away from Rocky's.

Mmm, Chipotle burritos.

I tend to avoid Rocky's for the most part as well. During my college days, a roommate of mine was a manager at Rocky's and brought pizzas home for all of us almost every night. It was overkill, but it was always free and as a college student it doesn't get any better than free.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

A WMLW commercial for Brewers broadcasts says, "15 games against the best teams in the National League!"

Then it continues with "Watch as the Brewers take on the Pirates!"

This random thought has taken on a new meaning after the just-completed series in Pittsburgh.

On another random note, given Brewerfan's history with cheese sandwiches, I share with you a new link: Grilled Cheese Academy.

burniebrewer wrote

I tend to avoid Rocky's for the most part as well. During my college days, a roommate of mine was a manager at Rocky's and brought pizzas home for all of us almost every night. It was overkill, but it was always free and as a college student it doesn't get any better than free.

For 5 years in Eau Claire, at the end of the night, someone would invariably say, if you don't take those pizzas home, I'll just throw 'em away.

Free is free, and as a single guy, having a pizza ready to heat up in the fridge beat an empty fridge.

Right now, after watching Trevor's disastrous outing against the Pirates, I'm glad we made the tough decision to not go down to see the Brew Crew play in SoCal this year.

This weekend though, when they're playing just over a one hour plane ride away, and I'm not there, I'm gonna be gutted.

Archived