Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton

The texting law is meaningless, as pointed out, there is already a law in place for inattentive driving. Also, can't you delete texts as soon as they are made? Are we going to have CSI techs working to find them?

Law makers need to concentrate on the big picture, not nitpick like this. It's movie of the week legislating, and it is pathetic. WI doesn't bother having a real penaty for DWI 1st offense, and it isn't until 4th offense DWI that it is more than a slap on the wrist.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to hi-jack, but a serious question about the texting law. Is it in effect at a red light? On the one hand, it seems silly to make it subjective and ask officers to distinguish drive time versus idle time, on the other hand it seems very silly -- and arguably a major infringement on our rights -- to say that a driver can't send a text while sitting idly at a red light. If I'm a criminal for answering "yes" or "no" to a text question while sitting at a red light instead of pulling into a parking lot to do the same, that's just sad and awful. Not to mention, it takes more attention to dial a 7-digit number (which is legal) than it does to send a 3-character text ... I think I might have some objection to the new law, in principle.

My understanding is that the car has to be in motion.

And the reason for the texting-specific law is simply to bring it to the forefront as we're growing up with a generation of 16 year olds who text while in class, while doing homework, while watching movies, and will just keep doing it while driving.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I didn't feel like starting a new thread for this, but maybe someone can help:

I received a weird voice message on my cell phone this afternoon from a number I didn't recognize. They left a voice message, but the man was talking somewhat fast, and I couldn't really understand the name or company he said he was calling from.

I was able to determine through Google that it's a Rockford, IL cell number. Is there a way to reverse lookup cell phone numbers without paying a big fee? I would like to know if this is a legitimate business call before calling him back.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I went to Kopp's for the first time this weekend. I met a good friend of mine and her two daughters there. One question: Where are the chairs? They have some tables, but no chairs. It's really hard to feed a couple of youngsters with no chairs available.

I was able to determine through Google that it's a Rockford, IL cell number. Is there a way to reverse lookup cell phone numbers without paying a big fee? I would like to know if this is a legitimate business call before calling him back.

You can also try http://www.800notes.com to see if other people around the country are receiving the same phone calls.

if you could be the very first one to know about every transaction consideration and every trade proposal Doug Melvin makes, yet not be allowed to tell anybody about it, would you want to know? i wouldn't, because it would drive me crazy.

if you could be the very first one to know about every transaction consideration and every trade proposal Doug Melvin makes, yet not be allowed to tell anybody about it, would you want to know? i wouldn't, because it would drive me crazy.
That's why Gord Ash is bald.

That's why Gord Ash is bald.
that's hilarious. i can just see DM showing your comment to Ash and laughing his mustache off.

I was looking through WOAH SOLVDD last night too, but not to combat insomnia.

There's a ton of "ifs" between now and then yet, but rereading the 9/28/2008 game thread (which can be found in WOAH SOLVDD) and thinking about the Brewers' recent roster activity made me wonder if the 2008 excitement might in fact be repeated.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The 2010 census data gets released today, and I can't wait to go through it! I love census data, and I can't tell you why. I remember spending hours looking through data after the 2000 census, and will probably do so over the next couple of weeks. I am such a huge nerd.

I love census data, and I can't tell you why.

That's funny, Nick. I can definitely tell you that you're the only person *I* know that gets excited for census data. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Glad you can get your fix, though!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If the Brewers had the Yankees pocketbooks they could take on the following recent contracts and go undefeated for around $215m this year:

C Victor Martinez 4/50 (~13 per)

SS Derek Jeter 3/51 (~17 per)

3B Alex Rodriguez 10/275 (~28 per)

OF Carl Crawford 7/142 (~21 per)

SP CC Sabathia 7/161 (~23 per)

RP Mariano Rivera 2/30 (~15 per)

RP Francisco Rodriguez 3/37 (~13 per)

LINEUP

---------------------

CF Crawford

SS Jeter

3B Rodriguez

LF Braun

1B Fielder

C Martinez

RF Hart

2B Weeks

BENCH

---------------------

C Lucroy

IF McGehee

IF Counsell

OF Gomez

OF Dickerson/Gamel

ROTATION

---------------------

SP Sabathia

SP Greinke

SP Gallardo

SP Marcum

SP Wolf

BULLPEN

---------------------

CL Rivera

RP Rodriguez

RP Axford

RP Braddock

RP Hawkins

RP Loe

RP Narveson/Parra/McClendon

The 2010 census data gets released today, and I can't wait to go through it! I love census data, and I can't tell you why. I remember spending hours looking through data after the 2000 census, and will probably do so over the next couple of weeks. I am such a huge nerd.
The 1930 census reports that my grandparents rented their house for $9 per month and owned a radio. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

is it wrong to quit a job specifically because it scheduled you to work Jan 1 (2-7 pm) and you really really want to watch the Rose Bowl.

it also doesn't hurt that i live in TCU country and i'll get to be THAT GUY at the bar when i go to watch.

Archived