Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi-Def is not kind to Orel Hershiser.

Was thinking the same thing earlier tonight... I honestly didn't know who that was in the booth until they showed the names of the broadcast team. It definitely did not look like a man capable of winning a Cy Young award.

I didn't know Circuit City still existed until I read that post.

Overnight I dreamed that I was watching a Brewers game where Casey gave Milwaukee a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the eighth, then Trevor came in for the 9th and save 600. I didn't see the end of the game, but I did see "600" on the banner later in the dream.

So maybe it all works out for Hoffman. Incidentally, the game was vs. the Cubs and was played in daylight.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The Wisconsin Historical Society has the largest collection of Canadian historical and government materials outside of Ottawa. The University of Wisconsin does not have a professor who specializes in Canadian history. That's a lot of material that no one is really looking at...

The Wisconsin Historical Society has the largest collection of Canadian historical and government materials outside of Ottawa. The University of Wisconsin does not have a professor who specializes in Canadian history. That's a lot of material that no one is really looking at...
Yet. Catalogers began just this year to enter information about the Canadian government publications into the UW-Madison online catalog. Once items can be located via catalog, they get requested - if not by a local patron, by researchers elsewhere.

So, you're in one of the classes that toured the WHS today. I don't give the tours but I received a copy of the tour outline and that factoid was part of it.

Actually, I learned that factoid from Prof. McDonald of the UW History department. I'm taking his History 600 seminar (Crisis in Canada: October 1970) this semester. So I'll be spending a lot of time in the stacks this semester, which is really exciting. I love the Historical Society - it's a really spectacular library with a beautiful reading room and an absolutely stunning wealth of materials. Madison - and the entire state - should consider itself beyond lucky to have such an incredible history library.

Your avatar is alive and well. And you've had it stored on Yuku going back to at least January, 2008. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Check this out:

http://brewersfandemonium...ith-4-.html#reply-654559

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

i've narrowly missed being in a lot of accidents in roundabouts from people who think they can just plow through and don't actually have to yield to the people already in the roundabout. even had one idiot stop his car, get out and threaten to beat me up for not yielding to HIM.

I frequently run across intersections that I think scream for roundabouts. I also agree with Hofbraunhaus when he says that they aren't right for every intersection.

There's an outcry about a couple of proposed roundabouts in my town. I tend to agree with those people. They'd be replacing traffic signals on the main north-south drag. What's cool about the current traffic signals is that they all have electric eyes. Traffic on the main drag only has to stop if east-west traffic is present. I think the roundabouts would be downgrades on those intersections.

Another interesting case is the annoying intersections at Hwy 100 and Janesville Road and Forest Home Avenue in Hales Corners. I guess a roundabout is being proposed there. I don't think it'd be worse than the traffic signals, but I'm not sure it's the best solution either. My gut says that the Janesville Road - Forest Home intersection should be moved from east of Hwy 100 to west of Hwy 100. At that point, you'd only need one set of lights at Hwy 100 and Forest Home.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Tonight I looked over my ticket stubs from this year's games. We've been to 29 so far (30 if you include an exhibition game), and here is the starting pitcher breakdown:

Davis - 2

Parra - 2

Narveson - 4

Gallardo - 5

Wolf - 7 (four in April alone, none since July 11)

Bush - 10 (seven since the all-star break)

Then if the pitching pattern for the rest of this week is as I expect, another Bush start Tuesday, Gallardo Thursday, probably Narv-dog on Saturday and maybe Cap on Sunday. Or maybe Bush again!

11, maybe 12 Bush starts out of 34 games? That's enough to test the mettle of even the staunchest Dave Bush fan.

Archived