Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I went on the Lakefront Brewery tour today and had no idea Bernie's old beer mug chalet was housed there. That's pretty cool.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/IMG_0007.jpghttp://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/IMG_0009.jpg

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yesterday, while I was golfing at Brown's Lake, I met the man who clocks the pitches for the Brewers. He's a very nice guy who loves to polish off a round of golf in under an hour. I'm truly in awe.

Yesterday, while I was golfing at Brown's Lake, I met the man who clocks the pitches for the Brewers. He's a very nice guy who loves to polish off a round of golf in under an hour. I'm truly in awe.
He had Sunday off? or did you meet him before or after Sunday's game?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

YES Network uses sound effects to make sure we "hear" pitched balls hit the catcher's mitt. There's a bit of a swoosh to go with this sound. And at times, the sound effect is played when the ball doesn't hit the mitt at all.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We were in Milwaukee Friday evening, in Darlington Saturday and back in Milwaukee Sunday. All three trips were fun, but I really feel like I could use a day to recover/catch up from our uncommonly active weekend.

He had Sunday off? or did you meet him before or after Sunday's game?
This was after my round at 7PM Apparently he frequents Brown's lake pretty often. I don't know if he had the day off or not.

since I just saw a Miller Lite commercial, what bars have hot female bartenders in the middle of the day like they show on those commercials? I've never seen one. Female bartenders? Yup, but not model capable bartenders.

And does an actor have to have an alcohol serving license to be portraying a bartender on a commercial or doesn't it matter since it's probably fake beer in the commercial?

wow, that's random.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The house kitty-corner from ours went on the market this week. Am I mean if my literal first thought - despite it being the dog days of August - was to hope that the next owners actually bother to maintain their sidewalks in winter? The property admittedly is high maintenance in sidewalk terms (corner lot, half gets no sun in the winter), but so is ours and we put a lot of effort into keeping ours clear.

That's a big pet peeve of mine, Hawing. Even if the residents are older and/or physically unable to maintain their sidewalks, it doesn't take that much effort to ask or pay someone else to do it for you. I couldn't be cold-hearted enough to turn down an eldery neighbor that asked for help clearing their sidewalks.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Of the four houses at our intersection, the most elder of the owners is usually the first one out with his snowblower and/or shovel. (His house is a school bus stop, so kids and parents wait there for the 7:10 bus, and he always has it ready by then.) So this is not an elderly issue.

I reported this kitty-corner property to the city once. There had just been a relatively nice weekend that winter - the kind that provides an opportunity to go out and chop the snow that turned to rutted ice because it froze before it could be cleared - and nothing happened at that house, which led to more icy ruts on the sidewalk we take to get to our own bus stop. When you feel more at ease walking in the street, there's a problem with sidewalk maintenance.

The house kitty-corner from ours went on the market this week. Am I mean if my literal first thought - despite it being the dog days of August - was to hope that the next owners actually bother to maintain their sidewalks in winter? The property admittedly is high maintenance in sidewalk terms (corner lot, half gets no sun in the winter), but so is ours and we put a lot of effort into keeping ours clear.

I had that problem with the houses adjacent to our sub-division, whose owners would not clear the sidewalk that abuts their backyards. One phone call to my council member, who then called the engineering department and missiona ccomplished - warnings issued to all. Things get done in Waukesha.

since I just saw a Miller Lite commercial, what bars have hot female bartenders in the middle of the day like they show on those commercials? I've never seen one. Female bartenders? Yup, but not model capable bartenders.
until recently i lived a half-mile from such a place--they truly do exist.

As of 6:00 PM CDT on August 13, the Big Ten Network is showing a classic Wisconsin-Minnesota basketball game - their exciting win at the Field House in 1990 (when I was a student!). I'm enjoying the chance to revisit Tim Locum's sweet 3-pointers and sweeter mullet...not to mention Kurt Portmann (Pride of Sheboygan), Danny Jones and a pre-motion-W Field House.

Anybody else as amused as I am by the internet reaction to the trailer for Black Swan. Apparently all it takes to get men interested in an arty, ballet movie is to have two good looking actresses kiss. I expect they'll all be disappointed when they find out that it is indeed an arty, ballet movie.

Robert

There's an awful anti-drunk driving advertising campaign on the radio (really, what radio ads aren't terrible?), but one in particular I have a lot of trouble taking seriously. All because one of the voice actors utters the words "Oh my god...Becky...".

I think one of those rap guys' girlfriends must have been driving the other car.

On Monday night FS Wisconsin rebroadcast the August 6 game, featuring the Brewers' improbable 9th inning comeback vs. the Astros, aided by the perhaps even more improbable Inglett Crush. That's my favorite game of 2010 (to date), so I was delighted to see it again.

Just putting together some past balloon art we've done for a brochure and thought I'd share some of the cooler stuff.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/ThurstonFluff/seahorse.jpghttp://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/ThurstonFluff/parrotlarge.jpghttp://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv208/ThurstonFluff/whales.jpg
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived