Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2010

stalton

Except for my semi-annual college finals "I'm going to be lazy" mustache, I'm actually growing my first real facial hair. It's been a little over a month and I'm having a difficult time trying to not scratch my new goatee. Either I have to learn how to deal with it, or its all coming off

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=573441#p573441

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8540

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, was Rudy ever obsessed with Notre Dame football.
Think he went on to be an executive at NBC Sports?
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

That would make sense, in a way, but he's a motivational speaker whose website has its own multi-page FAQ.

I just finally saw the whole movie (not just parts) last night. Dude was a little too obsessed with ND football. I couldn't help but think someone with that kind of single-minded focus nowadays would maybe be directed to mental health services of some sort.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I saw a late teens/early twenties guy this afternoon in Singapore's Orchard Road mass transit station wearing a Brewers Sabathia 52 player tee.

He didn't catch my eye, but I was wearing my khaki cap with the blue Brewers logo.

There were no other MLB logos among the several hundred other transit riders.

We're taking over.

Since there is not a Haiti thread, I guess I'll post this here. I went on Google maps, because I wanted to just get a general idea of the size and density of Port-au-Prince, I was really surprised to see that the satellite images they have appear to be post-earthquake.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The NFL is having a "fandemonium" promotion. Since our board is technically called "brewersfandemonium," I wonder if we should sue. With the right settlement, it should be possible to pay for Brewerfan, LambeauLeap, and both boards for quite a number of years. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The NFL is having a "fandemonium" promotion. Since our board is technically called "brewersfandemonium," I wonder if we should sue. With the right settlement, it should be possible to pay for Brewerfan, LambeauLeap, and both boards for quite a number of years. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
If Monster Cables can do it, why can't we?

Anyone ever have a situation at work, in a meeting or whatever, where someone keeps using a term that you are unfamiliar with but you don't want to ask because everyone else seems to understand and it might make you look stupid?

Well, there have been several meetings at work where my co-workers keep using the term "one-off". I had no idea what they were talking about. So, finally I looked it up. I get it now. I do feel better that the source I found stated that the use of this term has just recently gained popularity in the United States.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

how in the heck is Benicio del Toro an actor that is considered "employed" and "good looking"?

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Benicio-Del-Toro-Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas.13.jpg

I have no idea what you mean...
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

As I was doing a bit as an ugly nurse this weekend the dude I was doing it for licked my face. On the very next one the guy spit as he talked and sprayed me in the the face. Some flew in my mouth. Not good form to throw up or spit back while doing my routine so I kind of had to pretend like nothing happened. Sometimes you're the pigeon sometimes you're the statue I guess. The life of B list entertainers is not very glamorous but still better than actually having to work for a living.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I have a Cooperstown calendar at work and I had no idea that Hank Aaron's and Babe Ruth's birthdays were only a day apart. Aaron's is on Feb 5th, and Ruth's is on Feb 6th.

"Tapas Bar" sounds like "Topless Bar" on the radio.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Speaking of, every day I hear a radio commercial for doublemyspeed.com and I swear the guy in the commercial is saying doublemyspeed.kong, doublemyspeed.gong, and doublemyspeed.gon. I've never hear of those internet suffixes; but I haven't tried them out yet either so maybe they work http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've had to drop/pickup people up from the airport pre-dawn a fair amount lately. I don't know whether I should stay up until 3-4ish, (normal bedtime is midnight) go to the airport and then sleep for a couple of hours or go to bed as early as I can (which is near impossible), wake up at 3-4 and then stay up the rest of the day. I can never seem to pick the right approach.

I could but the people I've been driving having been my girlfriend or my mother. Neither I'm inclined to think would appreciate me ditching them for sleep.

On a semi related note: I got coffee at 5:30 this morning and the cashier wished me a good night. I'm guessing it was force of habit, but doesn't the large coffee imply that its no longer "night"? Then again, I say good morning when I greet people whether its before noon or not sometimes

I'm the "stupid sod" mentioned here. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif (EDIT: link removed; the topic has now been hidden or deleted.)

I wasn't going to post the link here on Brewerfan, but now that the person who's deemed the "The Most Stupid Member in the System" has discovered it and posted the link in a lead on Yuku's support board, I'm OK sharing it.

The backstory is that Yuku is going to be converting our profiles to the Facebook Open Platform. There's no timetable right now, but people can beta test if they'd like. If anyone feels inclined to do this, it should be done on a test profile rather than the "real thing." They're currently in really rough shape.

Anyway--aside from the fact that Yuku has abandoned any significant board maintenance for a year to work on these things--unless they lose their juvenile tone, they're really not a fit for our two communities or their members. I've been actively posting at Yuku Support about issues that would concern us. The biggie is that the PM interface is currently awful and feature-barren, and Yuku has not yet made any commitment to bring it up to snuff.

What prompted the "stupid sod" comment was that I (along with a bunch of others) objected to the new profile's equivalent to our current "My Recent Posts" block. Instead of calling our messages "messages" or "posts," they're currently called "rants."

Thankfully, the "kick *ss" *********1[/sup] feature is going to be removed. Yep, "kick *ss" is the central point of their advertising. What trumps the juvenile stuff is that the information provided is just plain inaccurate. And most importantly, there's absolutely no mention that the profiles are in beta; the advertising gives the impression that these things are currently usable.

Here's what's really sad, though. The people posting to the "stupidest member in the system" thread are members who've been hand-picked by Yuku staff to promote and assist people with the new profiles. They didn't even have the common sense to have this discussion in a private setting. These people have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

------------------------

1. Please don't use "*********" in your posts (unless you want to comment on this soon to be defunct feature). And if you need to say "kick *ss," feel free to say "kick ass" (please restrict "kick *ss" to this narrow context). The only reason I posted those terms was to quote Yuku. It's ironic that the first half of "*********" is in Yuku's default cuss filter.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived