Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peter Billingsley - little Ralphie from A Christmas Story - is 40 years old today.

http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2008/12/christmas-story-peter-billingsley.jpg

My first thought: "Only 40?"

sleeping in a hammock instead of a bed isn't as comfortable as i was hoping it would be. but i'll be moving in a year or two and don't want to spend big bucks on a mattress that i'll only have for that long. also, the hammock stand is so big that i had to put it diagonally across my bedroom to fit.

i've tried inflatable beds before, but they get holes in them too quickly from the friction of turning over at night.

You're asking for back problems GAME05, especially if you're already noticing that you're uncomfortable. Return the hammock, and buy a mattress that qualifies as adequate. You can gain extra support by putting it on the floor.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

sleeping in a hammock instead of a bed isn't as comfortable as i was hoping it would be. but i'll be moving in a year or two and don't want to spend big bucks on a mattress that i'll only have for that long. also, the hammock stand is so big that i had to put it diagonally across my bedroom to fit.

i've tried inflatable beds before, but they get holes in them too quickly from the friction of turning over at night.

If you're uncomfortable now, imagine how you'll feel in a year. And what if you want a friend to stay over? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I would save myself some headaches and get a futon or a cheaper mattress.

on your all's advice i've taken down my hammock stand and will return it once i buy some duct tape. i'll keep the hammock for when i go camping. i have a bad back to begin with, so i shouldn't be making it worse, either.

and heck, i don't even need the futon stand, but just the pillow top, so that shouldn't be too expensive.

thanks all.

I have to fly to Orlando tomorrow night to drive a vehicle back to Wisconsin. I'm wondering if I can make it to Greer Stadium in time to catch Grienke's rehab start with Nashville on friday. I'm hoping I can leave Orlando by 8:00 AM friday. Game time is 7:05. Think I can pull it off? Who's starting on Saturday?

Nice. I forgot that Nashville falls into the Central time zone, so I gain an hour there. I think I can make it in time if I just stop for gas, speed, pee in a bottle, and hopefully avoid traffic in Atlanta. Gonna order my ticket. It's only $12 lost if I don't make it in time. Can't wait to see the jewel that is Greer Stadium.

Verified Member

I love the Channel 10 auction--but are there really that many people who want wildlife art? Watch for 15 minutes, and you're sure to see that painting of that wolf poking his head out of the snowy trees. I love nature and I love art, but I just can't imagine a time when I would want a print of a pair of wood ducks.

And it seems that every board has a signed Packers item. I guess they have to strike when the iron is hot.

And of course, for those who can't decide between the two categories, there's the signed photo of AJ Hawk, in a posed shot with him holding an actual hawk. Fewer pieces seem to exemplify this fund raiser than that hawk photo.

Verified Member
If I were you, I'd hold out for the signed photo of Randy Wolf posing with an actual wolf.

I'm searching the Packer roster for someone named Tommy Bikinimodel. . .But he doesn't seem to exist. . .

Happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you.

Oh, and the series is coming out on Blu-Ray. As big a SW nut as I am, I'm not getting them unless they're dirt-cheap. The flanneled one got enough of my money already.

I love brewing beer. 2:15 AM after a heckuva week and I can't think of anything I'd rather do. Even sleep.

FWIW, the brew I'm tending is a Belgian Golden Strong Ale. OG 1.077 (hopefully).
That is hilarious. I was just coming here to post how mesmerized I was watching my yeast starter on the computer desk. Now I want a stir plate.

I plan on brewing a Belgian Dubbel today.(only 1.065 OG, probably) Wyeast 1214 starter going here. It just keeps bubbling. This is the first time using my 2000 mL Erlenmeyer flask.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I have this uncanny ability to hit every single red light on any trip. I had to run an errand today and had to go through 5 stoplights each way. I hit every intersection when the light was red, many just turned red as I approached.

Archived