Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second ESPN Radio appearance, I'd say better than the first: http://www.espnmadison.com/audiovault/espn_madison.php#

That was this morning. We did the broadcast live from the Madison Golf Show at the Hitter's Sportsplex in Middleton.

EDIT: One slip up was I had meant Greinke will be the 8th, 9th, 10th starting pitcher off the board, not overall.

Since Ryan Braun and Aaron Rodgers are friends, at some point this season the wrestling mark in me wants to see Braun hit a late inning home run to give the Brewers a lead, round the bases, and do Rodgers' title belt gesture as he crosses home plate.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Since Ryan Braun and Aaron Rodgers are friends, at some point this season the wrestling mark in me wants to see Braun hit a late inning home run to give the Brewers a lead, round the bases, and do Rodgers' title belt gesture as he crosses home plate.
That would be great. Actually I would love to see any Brewers do the title belt gesture, and then I hope someone catches it for a gif.

The new BK stacker commercials have me wondering how many people are actually dumb enough to buy the double or triple stacker (from a financial perspective, not a health perspective).

$1 - Buns, 1 patty, 1 slice of cheese, 1 layer of bacon
$2 - Buns, 2 patties, 1 slice of cheese, 1 layer of bacon (you're paying $1 more for just another patty).
$3 - Buns, 3 patties, 2 slices of cheese, 1 layer of bacon (another $1 for one more patty and one more slice of cheese).

BK is making the most margin on the "double" stacker, by far the least on the single stacker. If you were a customer with a big appetite, why not just get 3 of the $1 burgers? Or do most people just not spend as much time as I do thinking about these things?
Gruber Lawffices

Photobucket seems to have eaten my bulldog avatar. I find this very upsetting.

You need to log into Photobucket at least once every three months to keep your account active. After three months of inactivity, the account can be reactivated by logging in. After a year of inactivity, the only way to reactivate your account is to purchase Pro. However, this option is only available for a short time before your account is wiped out completely.

EDIT:

Photobucket accounts expire if you don't log in

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm holding down the fort at my dad's house while he's out of town for a couple of days. Yesterday, I had to have a new Molitor device ignitor installed on his furnace.

So I am 16 games deep into my franchise on MLB2K11 (not horrible by the way) and Gamel has been struggling off the bench with a .560 OPS in limited opportunities. The GM that I am, I sit him down and we talk about getting regular at-bats in AAA and replacing Fielder next year and blah, blah, blah.

So I got a roster spot open and I just happen to see that 3TO is a FA. Well, I sign him to a one-year deal just as a PH off the bench and backup 1B and wouldn't you know it, in his first game, his first at-bat, with the game tied at 3 (in the 8th), he hits a HR that was the difference in the game.

I would let him have his way with my wife and be honored to do so.

Anyone else really creeped out by the guy in the NAPA Know-How commercials?

I'm the same way. Yet I have to watch because my cousin is has been dating Martin Truex Jr. for a few years now. The commercial comes on and I' like "woah I know that dude."

Second ESPN Radio appearance, I'd say better than the first: http://www.espnmadison.com/audiovault/espn_madison.php#

That was this morning. We did the broadcast live from the Madison Golf Show at the Hitter's Sportsplex in Middleton.

EDIT: One slip up was I had meant Greinke will be the 8th, 9th, 10th starting pitcher off the board, not overall.

Sam, great job! It's cool to hear you talk at length, and especially about stuff that's discussed on the BF forums. It's too bad you haven't gotten any other feedback on this, but you did really well.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Are they writing Community with me specifically in mind? Seriously, a network sitcom doing a My Dinner With Andre homage? I'd have bet big money against that ever happening.

Robert

That was great. I had never even heard of the movie, so the twist was really unexpected for me.

Anyone else really creeped out by the guy in the NAPA Know-How commercials?

Yep. I hate that commercial. I also hate the GE assembly line dancing commerical. So bad.

i'd made it through 80% of the delicious sandwich i made for lunch today before i discovered that i hadn't removed the paper from between my cheese slices.

I've done this! Too funny!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, that's dorkier than buying the scorecard sold at the park. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Has anyone ever noticed if Barbara Bush brings in a scorebook or if she simply uses individual cards?

If having and using a scorebook makes me a dork, then I'll gladly join Principessa21 in dorkdom.

We don't score every game we attend, though since the Brewers won each game we scored last year, maybe we should start.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I always buy a new scorebook every season and will fill it out as I watch games either on tv or at the park. Yesterday, around 5:10 eastern time, it ended up being chucked into the garage at hyperspeed. I still haven't had the heart to go find it yet.

Scoring is far from the ultimate in dorkiness. It's just that it's dorkier than not scoring.

Archived