Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my job involves random work schedules that are both in the early morning and late at night, meaning a second job at McDonalds would be just about impossible. but i need to make some extra money. i hate to ask this because it sounds like i'm trying to sell something, but has anyone ever made any sort of money working from home or via the Interwebs? i know it means a lot of work for little pay, but if i have anything, it's free time. it's just i don't know where to start and i figure most companies that offer this are just scams.

thanks. i saw ask.com hires writers, but not in any areas i have an expertise in. but Trails.com hires freelancers, so that would be ideal. i'll be creating my editing/hiking resume tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

You can find odd job stuff on Craigslist. On the bottom of the right-hand column is an area called Gigs and that has some sub categories. I've done everything from clean a house to rake leaves to write for websites. I mean, you have to be smart and analyze what you're seeing, but in that particular area of the site, I don't often find the "work from home" scams.

One thing I do to pick up extra cash is deal blackjack at events - like company Christmas parties and the like. They play for chips that they trade in for raffle tickets. Its pretty low key and they basically send you an email a month telling you what events are available on what days. I actually do this for 3 different companies in the area. I can pick and choose which dates I want and it's $50-$75 for 3-4 hours. I found all of them on Craigslist and I've been doing if for about 3 years.

There are some gas stations around where as you are driving to a pump, the cashier inside announces over the PA a pump that is available. I don't understand why that is helpful at all. First of all, they don't know which side of the car the tank door is on, so I may be driving to a specific pump so it's easier for me to get in or out, or so it's easier for others. Also, what if there are multiple cars? How do we know who they are talking to? Finally, I always have the radio on in the car, sometimes quite loud. Do they think we can hear them?

I have tried to watch "Any Given Sunday" on several different occasions (because it seems to be on cable a lot). I think this weekend was my last attempt. I just find it unwatchable. Seems like the scenes just randomly cut from one to another. Odd close-ups. It just doesn't flow well at all to me.

Did this film get good reviews from critics? I don't get it.

Of course, I didn't get Black Swan either. What was the point? That her life was mimicking the play? My wife and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes when she physically started to turn into a Swan.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived