Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
I had never heard the name Melinda McCarthy before Saturday night. I envisioned the younger sister of Jenny, but I too like what she did on SNL. I really enjoyed the first skit where she was hitting on her coworker in the office and later on in the show when she was one of the ranch flavor testers. Funny stuff. She kind of reminded me of a female Chris Farley with her full body style comedy.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope she makes many more appearances. She is just naturally funny. She was also doing her lines better than the regulars on the show.

The problem with Kristen is that they keep trying to give her a regular bit. They find one slightly funny character she makes and does it over and over again. Target Cashier, That's Molly, and now Deformed Sister. They had hits with the last cast (Roxburry Twins, Cheerleaders, Mary Catherine Gallager) and they are trying to repeat the magic.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The Target Cashier one is pretty good, I don't think they do that one enough in comparison to the That's Gilly which is dumb and gets old fast but I really hate the skit where she plays an over the top broadway actress on a game show, I just FFWD that skit every time it is so awful. The deformed doll one usually gets a laugh from my wife and I just because she can pull off the physical comedy of it and everyone else looks ready to laugh.

The wife and I just bought a new house in southern Waukesha county. On the drive there along Hwy Y as you're getting close, you cross streets named both "Cardinal" and "DeBack" in a 1.5 mile stretch. Quite a coincidence ... I guess I'll always remember what was going on in Milwaukee when we closed on our house when I drive that route!

Sadly, I've seen no Ranger Ct or Tigers Dr in the area.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

it seems that now-a-days the plague of the 1970s has been vanquished.

Why isn't "ring around the collar" that big of a deal anymore?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

it seems that now-a-days the plague of the 1970s has been vanquished.

Why isn't "ring around the collar" that big of a deal anymore?

Because we tried scrubbing it out, and we tried soaking it out. . .and then we finally allowed Wisk into our lives.

Do any genuine baseball fans actually say "Sa-WING battabatta!" at games nowadays? It sounds way too hackneyed to me to show real interest in the game.

Over the last three weeks of the Brewers' 2011 season, I heard this at two games, from two separate fans, neither of whom seemed all that knowledgeable about the game (based on other things they yelled).

My favorite was the woman who between sa-WINGbattabattas, kept howling. Howling. It wasn't even a Randy Wolf start.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You saying this reminds of the 2006 Calder Cup Finals game 1. I had a seat in the last row of section 226 and sat next to a huge Pekka Rinne fan. Every time he made a save or appeared to make a save or a player blocked a shot that would have been an oppurtunity for him to make a save, she yelled out in the most shrieking, shrill, fingernails-on-a-chalkboard voice ever PEEEEEEEKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA. Her boyfriend was with her, I wanted to smack her with those thunderstick things they handed out.

Do any genuine baseball fans actually say "Sa-WING battabatta!" at games nowadays? It sounds way too hackneyed to me to show real interest in the game.

Over the last three weeks of the Brewers' 2011 season, I heard this at two games, from two separate fans, neither of whom seemed all that knowledgeable about the game (based on other things they yelled).

My favorite was the woman who between sa-WINGbattabattas, kept howling. Howling. It wasn't even a Randy Wolf start.

I think I know exactly who you are talking about! Dark hair, In her 30's (?), at the game by herself (no, not front row Amy), sits in or around section 217. I had the "pleasure" of sitting next to her for 3 or 4 games this year. I posted something about her a while ago in the "what's bugging you thread".

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived