Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a credit card offer at my office. I'm assuming a buddy must have signed me up for something because the offer states "Nobody's a bigger Astros fan than you! Show your love of the game with the Astros Extra Bases credit card."

I guess I will pass since I don't have enough time in the day to check both Brewerfan . net and Astrofan . net.

The Astros are in trouble if I'm the biggest Astro fan.

At the game on Thursday they showed a women on the big screen with the sign that read "Go Randy #8" It has been killing me and buddy trying to think who she could be referring too. Ryan Braun, Shane Victorino and Tim Masthay. I don't recall any of those ever being referred to as "Randy". Another Diego moment in the waiting, perhaps?

I got a telemarketing phone call at 9am on a Sunday once. They wanted to sell me new siding. Besides being a horrible time to call, they were calling my college dorm room phone.

A woman in the AirTran Airway Porch on Sunday was wearing a Zing!Boom!Tarrarel! shirt from the BF.Net store. I think that is why we won. I would have said hi, but I'm too shy.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I got a telemarketing phone call at 9am on a Sunday once. They wanted to sell me new siding. Besides being a horrible time to call, they were calling my college dorm room phone.

A woman in the AirTran Airway Porch on Sunday was wearing a Zing!Boom!Tarrarel! shirt from the BF.Net store. I think that is why we won. I would have said hi, but I'm too shy.

I was wearing mine about 9 rows up in 104!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Bernie, you are absolutely right about that. Nothing ever changes at the WalCoFair. We lived in Delavan from 1988-1998, and went once or twice most of those years. Then we were away from the area for most of 12 years, and when we returned, it seemed that nothing had changed at all. Same vendors set up in the same spaces. Same rides. Maybe the biggest pumpkin one year will be bigger than the previous, but that's about it. To me, it's the perfect fair. You can see it all in a day and not feel totally worn out.

agreed. Traffic is pretty light most days as well.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Ok, I just realized that up until today (I'm 45), I have misheard a line in the song "Taking it to the Streets" by the Doobie Brothers. At the end of the song they keep singing the line "Taking it to the streets" over and over. After each time they repeat that, Michael McDonald sings a response. After one of them he sings "We'll discuss it further". I always thought he was singing "Rural Wisconsin farmer". Don't ask me why. It's a song about poverty. Thought maybe he was making some sort of political statement about the plight of the farmer.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

We could probably spin off a thread just on mis-heard lyrics.

One of my students ran over a squirrel while on his bicycle. He said the squirrel just ran down a tree and into his path. The squirrel survived, or at least didn't die instantly.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

We could probably spin off a thread just on mis-heard lyrics.

Definitely. Mis-hearing lyrics isn't anything to feel bad about. It's not like you're mis-quoting Shakespeare or anything like that.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Yeah, that's pretty much the poster child for mis-heard lyrics. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

For what it's worth, they go like this:

Blinded by the light,

revved up like a deuce,

another runner in the night

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

My wife's birthday was back in June. For her birthday, I decided to buy tickets to Billy Elliot in Madison. They weren't on sale yet, so I created "vouchers" for them and I would buy them when they went on sale. It was announced that the Madison stop would be delayed, and it will be coming in July, which is after her NEXT birthday. I have decided to go buy her a 1/4 birthday present to make up for the fact that she could not enjoy her gift this year.

I discovered Pandora 2 or 3 years ago. I enjoyed it. Someone told me about Grooveshark about a year or so ago. I tried that for a few days and I just found the other suggestions they would play for the artists I entered were a bit too broad and then it would play some really "deep cuts" from the artists that I did enter. I don't necessarily mind that to an extent. I do enjoy hearing other music than just a groups A singles. I don't mind hearing the B songs or possibly a few C songs, but for the most part some of the other songs are not remotely popular for a reason and I rather not have to sit through them or have to click to skip them.

I think Pandora is pretty good at matching artists that are similar to the ones you enter. For example, I added Asteroid Galaxy Tour the other day (that I discovered through the Heineken commercial) and I'm really liking the other artists that they are also playing on that channel. Yes, you do get more repeats than you do on Grooveshark, but you get a lot less completely off the wall songs that no one has ever heard of (for good reason).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived