Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans

she seems to be one of those girls who won't dump you to your face, but just never calls you back.

Awesome! Forecasting the dump ahead of time. . .that is like walking through a videogame, looking for the traps.

Hope it doesn't come to that. I just think it's funny that you're plotting the worst case scenario.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she seems to be one of those girls who won't dump you to your face, but just never calls you back.

Awesome! Forecasting the dump ahead of time. . .that is like walking through a videogame, looking for the traps.

Hope it doesn't come to that. I just think it's funny that you're plotting the worst case scenario.

you know, when you put me in front of the mirror like that, you're right, that's terrible. i could just as easily have said "eh, maybe she's on vacation" or really just not been concerned about it at all, but didn't.

There are 2 documentaries that are currently streaming on Netflix that have Brewers ties. The first is A Player to Be Named Later. It was released in 2005 and tells the story of the 2001 Indianapolis Indians. This was when the Indians were the Brewers AAA affiliate. I'm ashamed to say that I have never heard of this documentary. It was really good. The main focus of the documentary were Kyle Peterson (remember him?), Marco Scutaro, and Brad Tyler. There were a handful of other former Brewers who make appearances including Allen Levrault, Kevin Barker, Mark Sweeney, and Alex Sanchez. (Hey, Kevin Barker is still around. He hit .358 for Oaxaca in the Mexican League this season.) I thought Indians manager Wendell Kim stole the show. The feature on Brad Tyler was really good too.

The other is Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story. Even though it was released in 2010, Ryan Braun was hardly mentioned. There were a couple of clips and photos of him, but the current Jewish players who received features were Sean Green and Kevin Youkillis. Bud Selig had a large feature as well.

The other is Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story. Even though it was released in 2010, Ryan Braun was hardly mentioned. There were a couple of clips and photos of him, but the current Jewish players who received features were Sean Green and Kevin Youkillis. Bud Selig had a large feature as well.
They probably didn't focus on Braun much since he isn't technically really Jewish.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

So I was at the clinic today for my annual exam, and one of the vitals the nurse gathers at the start is temperature. She told me my temperature was 99.9 degrees and asked if I was coming down with something. I said I felt fine. Her response: "Well, when the battery gets low on this it gives high readings." I took my temperature upon arriving home and it was 98.4. So she may be right, but wouldn't that be incentive to keep the battery charged?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Kind of makes you wonder what else wasn't accurate doesn't it? Last time I took my temperature I couldn't read the numbers. Shortly after I got my eyes checked and I had to get bifocals. Definitely an I feel old moment. They seem to come more often now days.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

So I was at the clinic today for my annual exam, and one of the vitals the nurse gathers at the start is temperature. She told me my temperature was 99.9 degrees and asked if I was coming down with something. I said I felt fine. Her response: "Well, when the battery gets low on this it gives high readings." I took my temperature upon arriving home and it was 98.4. So she may be right, but wouldn't that be incentive to keep the battery charged?

Don't you think she'd at least preface it by saying that about the battery before she took your temp...?

After reading the first two sentences I was 100% sure there was going to be a "Brewer Fever" comment/joke in there somewhere http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

John Mayer makes me sick to my stomach. No one person should be allowed to possess that much talent. Plus he's all good-looking with his symmetrical features and full, rich head of hair. I'm as anti-mainstream as it gets when it comes to music and I've tried really hard to hate the guy, but Jesus God. The guy is impossibly good.

what's worse is when you see him on stage with people like Clapton and he's playing blues/rock music. not only does he verge from the light rock, but his guitar playing is on par with Claptons, the bastard. if i didn't know better, i'd bet he's the guy married to Front-Row Mary.

for the low-low cost of $5 worth of whole milk, $3 of buttermilk and $1 of rennet and citric acid, anyone can make $4 worth of homemade mozzarella cheese in less than two hours! and cleanup is a snap, provided it takes you a half-hour to snap.

for the low-low cost of $5 worth of whole milk, $3 of buttermilk and $1 of rennet and citric acid, anyone can make $4 worth of homemade mozzarella cheese in less than two hours! and cleanup is a snap, provided it takes you a half-hour to snap.

This sounds like a bad infomercial. Granted all infomercials are bad but this one particularly so.

If you're considering one of the new Burger King California Whoppers. . .with guacamole, swiss & bacon--

Please let my abdominal discomfort & frequent trips to the bathroom serve as an advisory to make another selection.

If you're considering one of the new Burger King California Whoppers. . .with guacamole, swiss & bacon--

Please let my abdominal discomfort & frequent trips to the bathroom serve as an advisory to make another selection.

I fixed it for you.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I fixed it for you.

Good call. Spent the day at the Walworth County Fair, downed a pretzel, an ear of buttered roasted corn, and a polish sausage with onions and red sauce--and none of those things hit me like the BK. Lesson learned.

Good call. Spent the day at the Walworth County Fair, downed a pretzel, an ear of buttered roasted corn, and a polish sausage with onions and red sauce--and none of those things hit me like the BK. Lesson learned.

Never got to go to the Walworth County Fair this year. Since nothing ever changes, you would think going once would satisfy me for the rest of my life, but i miss it for some reason.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Bernie, you are absolutely right about that. Nothing ever changes at the WalCoFair. We lived in Delavan from 1988-1998, and went once or twice most of those years. Then we were away from the area for most of 12 years, and when we returned, it seemed that nothing had changed at all. Same vendors set up in the same spaces. Same rides. Maybe the biggest pumpkin one year will be bigger than the previous, but that's about it. To me, it's the perfect fair. You can see it all in a day and not feel totally worn out.

And Backup, my diet isn't usually as terrible. I can't see my abs like you can, but I'm generally dining on lower fat fare than these last posts would indicate.

Archived