Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans
  • Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who insists on any kind of protocol for giving gifts to a three-year-old can choke on it.

There are no rules--only that you give something that you think the kid will like. And the kid doesn't care if it cost $5 or $50. The gift is for him--not his parents, and not your parents either. If they don't like what you give, maybe you'll be spared the assault on your free time next year and you won't have to attend.

While I'd love to hear that you held your mom's head in the punch bowl for a few seconds, I also recognize the need to make happy, so the rage I'm offering in this post is for BF.netters only. Moms get nothing but smiles, even if they are through gritted teeth.

Last time I bought candy from kids fundraisers I got really bad candy bars. I thought, next time I'm gonna pay the kid five bucks to get me a snickers bar from the corner. It happened today. I gave her $5 and told her to get me a snickers bar at the corner and you can keep the change. She went and came back with my snickers bar. Maybe some would believe all my trust in her got me was a $5 snickers bar. Maybe so still, all in all, I still can't help but believe it was a win win situation.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

that's awesome BUC. plus now she's got that one extra candy bar to sell.

if anyone really liked those fundraiser candy bars, you can get discounted ones for cheap at Delaneys. it's the place with the metal sculputres in the yard real near that abandoned ammunition plant up 12 as you head to Baraboo. but don't ever buy the cheap boxes of cereal, because they're all stale.

Rickie Weeks just goes about his business. The Brewers always play an offense montage in the middle of the first. They make one at the beginning of the year and update it sometime during the year. This homestand featured the updated version. It includes highlights of new plays and players (Morgan, K-Rod, Marcum, etc). It still has old clips (there is a catch by Hart that is from 06 in the defense montage). The clips are always high action shots and have players jumping around, wide smiles, fist pumps, etc. Not Weeks. Every shot of him has a stone faced determinated look about him while great things are happening. He is just a competitor. I can't wait for him to get back.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Today out of the blue we got a letter with a check from the department of corrections for $11.68 along with a statement that it was an payment on a $2450 restitution bill. My wife called the department of corrections to ask what was going on. It was from an Easter Sunday of 1996 break in of our storage unit. At the time they notified us and we gave a statement about what was missing. We later found out they caught the guys who did it but had heard nothing since. It took us an hour or so to even remember the incident. Apparently the dude has been slowly paying everyone off ever since and we are next on the list. Ouch. Guess crime doesn't pay.

I finally after 2 years made marinara sauce with homegrown tomatoes.
I actually did the same these past couple of weeks.? I bought about 40 pounds of ugly tomatoes for $25 at the farmer's market.? We're the proud owners of about 10 quarts of tomato sauce to get us through...September.

I love buying ugly heirloom tomatoes during the summer at farmer's market.? They usually run about a buck a pound and I've probably gone through 30-40 pounds this summer already.? Good for Gazpacho too.

I'm wondering if Mr. Braun received any "benefits" during his time at the University of Miami. Doesn't bug me either way. I'm just wondering.
I don't think baseball players get the money in college. Wrestling is a brings in more revenue than baseball does so the financial incentive to look the other way isn't there. Also the players have an alternate route to go if they want to get paid. All the more reason to set up a minor league football system.

i'm tired of youtube videos where the dude just takes a camcorder recording to his tv. i just saw one where the guy posted a youtube video where he used a camcorder to record another youtube video.

also random, i'm starting to get into opera. i'm currently memorizing one so i can sing it at work when i'm cleaning bathrooms at 3am. i can't think of a bigger contrast than that.

If the Brewers win 5 of their final 9 games in August (2 of 4 in PIT, 2 of 3 from the sCrubs, 1 of 2 from the Cards), they will have 81 wins securing a non-losing season and at least as many wins as they'd had in all but 2 of their previous 18 seasons... WITH A MONTH LEFT IN THE SEASON!

i like this team.

My 11 year old nephew has adopted a Tony Plush-style persona. How outstanding is that?

Not outstanding at all.

ouch.

I thought the Brewers were winning . . . .

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Perhaps I should phrase that differently. He is not acting like T Plush. He has chosen an alternate name for himself, not unlike the Tony Plush moniker utilized by Nyjer Morgan. He has a little W he flashes instead of a T. I choose to be pleased by it because he's a nice kid who is coming to love the Brewers as much as I do, only with the benefit of a much earlier start.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Perhaps I should phrase that differently. He is not acting like T Plush. He has chosen an alternate name for himself, not unlike the Tony Plush moniker utilized by Nyjer Morgan. He has a little W he flashes instead of a T. I choose to be pleased by it because he's a nice kid who is coming to love the Brewers as much as I do, only with the benefit of a much earlier start.

Well that's different. I find the T-Plush antics mildly annoying.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

GAME05 wrote:
i'm starting to get into opera. i'm currently memorizing one so i can sing it at work when i'm cleaning bathrooms at 3am. i can't think of a bigger contrast than that.
Don't leave us in suspense. Which one are you working on?

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

GAME05 wrote:
i'm starting to get into opera. i'm currently memorizing one so i can sing it at work when i'm cleaning bathrooms at 3am. i can't think of a bigger contrast than that.
Don't leave us in suspense. Which one are you working on?If it were me, it'd be "What's opera, Doc."

Spent the night in downtown Indy Sunday night. Stayed on the 18th floor at the Hilton Indy for a Hotwire rate of $72. The front desk clerk gave me (and my family) a complimentary upgrade to a huge junior suite. I think he saw the weary look in my face after driving 7+ hours with two sick kids.

I was pleasantly surprised with Indianapolis. On-street parking is free on Sundays. Downtown is also very walkable. There were a handful of homeless folk around, but they only shook their cups and did not harass passerbys like some cities I have been to. Unfortunately, I arrived too late to catch the Indy Indians game that afternoon. However, most of the main attractions (State Capitol, Victory Field, Lucas Oil Stadium, Conseco Fieldhouse, NCAA Corporate Headquarters) were all within a dozen blocks of each other downtown.

GAME05 wrote:
Don't leave us in suspense. Which one are you working on?

so far i'm just learning a snippet of I Puritani by Bellini titled "Ah te, o Cara." it's just a couple of verses, so a bit easier to memorize since i don't speak a word of Italian. Lawrence Brownlee's rendition (on youtube) is awesome. i can just barely fit it into my range, and the English translation is romantic, which i wanted.

funny, i recently met a girl and my first email to her added "I'm starting to get into opera." Her response: "I sing it professionally." I went to hear her sing and it was beautiful. unrelated sidenote, she seems to be one of those girls who won't dump you to your face, but just never calls you back.

a good while ago i started going to the Met Opera series they show at the movie theater, and i've really been enjoying it. i didn't post the opera's name before because i didn't realize anybody else on here would already know a lot about opera. that's awesome.

Archived