Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2011

NeedMoreFans

We found out the gender of our soon-to-be baby, but my mom did not want to know. Since we found out, I have constantly called our child "she", but kept saying "it" to my mom. Needless to say, it slipped tonight. I kind of feel bad about it, but this is super-exciting for me, and it was going to happen. Oh, well. I guess I really don't know why she wanted it to stay a secret.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=653554#p653554

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=8540

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have first-hand experience, but it seems to me that finding out your baby's gender is a happy surprise no matter when the news is disclosed. I personally don't think I would want to refer to baby as "it" for months. Anyway, congratulations!
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Why does it take so long for businesses to send out W2s? Shouldn't that stuff be calculated by the time you receive your last paycheck of the year? I usually complete my taxes on the same day I receive my final W2. I hate waiting.

I just had my first and last McDonalds Angus Deluxe burger. I cannot believe how much grease there is in that thing. Plus the cheese AND mayo. . .AND fries. That's just poison.
Your post gives me heart burn. I can't remember the last time I had McDonald's. Since turning the big 3-0 last year, most fast food gives me indigestion. Just can't take that stuff anymore.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Why does it take so long for businesses to send out W2s? Shouldn't that stuff be calculated by the time you receive your last paycheck of the year? I usually complete my taxes on the same day I receive my final W2. I hate waiting.
Businesses do not have to pay their share of SS taxes until they are "official," and those statements being released makes them official. In a large corporation, that is millions of dollars, even in a small business, it's several thousand.

When you really need to clear up a whole bunch of phlegm, a jalapeno and pepperoni pizza does the trick.
Oh, SURE! Where were you this past week when I needed you?????

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

When you really need to clear up a whole bunch of phlegm, a jalapeno and pepperoni pizza does the trick.
Oh, SURE! Where were you this past week when I needed you?????
I didn't think about it until today. I was stuffed up for a good portion of the week, but to Mountain Cedar down here in Texas. So finally I thought I'd try the pizza. It worked.

I just had my first and last McDonalds Angus Deluxe burger. I cannot believe how much grease there is in that thing. Plus the cheese AND mayo. . .AND fries. That's just poison.
Your post gives me heart burn. I can't remember the last time I had McDonald's. Since turning the big 3-0 last year, most fast food gives me indigestion. Just can't take that stuff anymore.
same here. it can be so tempting and convenient sometimes, but then you walk out of the restaurant feeling ashamed and sick. i also recommend looking up how chicken mcnuggets and bologna are made, which will kill any cravings you have for that food, too.

one of my jobs right now is working in the deli at Wal-Mart. all the ready-made food we serve is deep fried in a gigantic vat of oil. i thought i would end up with these cravings for all the food there, but i've been mostly repulsed. having the produce section nearby is an angel on my shoulder, too.

i think i'd like to try vegetarianism for a couple weeks. i enjoy meat, but i think most Americans have just gotten to this point where we'll eat a full plate of it for dinner only because a good meal of carbs and vegetables is harder to come up with. meat is the default.

i think i'd like to try vegetarianism for a couple weeks. i enjoy meat, but i think most Americans have just gotten to this point where we'll eat a full plate of it for dinner only because a good meal of carbs and vegetables is harder to come up with. meat is the default.
I've been a vegetarian for 6 years so if you have any questions, I'll be willing to help. And even though he's not a vegetarian, TLB is a good person to ask since we do live together and he's eaten his share of meatless dishes. There's a lot of reasons to be vegetarian-friendly (health, reduce pollution, reduce famine, reduce dependence on oil, you'll have more energy, save money) besides animal rights or spiritual (which is my main reason).

Whenever I tell anyone that I am a vegetarian, they say "Oh, I could never do that." I think the biggest thing is getting away from the mindset that dinner is meat, potato, and a veggie. You also have to like a lot of different types of veggies, beans, nuts, spices or you'll get bored quick. I haven't had the same recipe twice in months but I do have plenty of cookbooks. Anyway, the only time it's hard for me is when I go home and see my mom's meatballs or anyone eating bacon. (If I start eating meat again, bacon's number 1.)

About a year ago we purchased a new set of drinking glasses. They are a bit thicker than our old glasses. I still use the few old glasses we still have, especially when drinking milk. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I just think the milk seems colder and tastes better out of the old glasses. I'm also this way when it comes to soda. I like Mt. Dew out of a can or plastic bottle, but not as much in a glass with ice. Just the opposite with Pepsi. I like Pepsi best in a glass with ice, but not so much out of a can. When I was a kid, my favorite was Pepsi in the 12oz returnable glass bottles. Soda out of a glass bottle is always the best.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Just checked last nights lottery results. The winning numbers for powerball were 19,21,22,23,40,48 powerball 27

My numbers were 20,22,23,24,41,49 powerball 29. Pity my powerball wasn't 28 that would have probably been worse odds than actually winning.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I really don't understand the fascination with Papa Murphy's pizza. It's just OK. I think it is pretty greasy, the crust just marginal, and it's not that much cheaper than pizza you get from places that actually cooks it for you. My mother-in-law swears it is the best, and I just can't agree. I can think of quite a few other places that I would much rather get pizza from before going to Papa Murphy's.

NMF, I feel the same. When they came to our town a couple years back, my wife used to get it all the time. I've kind of soured on it. Too greasy, like you said, and tends to give me heart burn. I prefer just getting a Digiorno's at the grocery store for like five bucks and making it at home.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived