Brewer Fanatic

Random thoughts that are pointless and too dumb to say anywhere else thread: 2013

JimH5
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Here's my thing. Everyone now knows about that so if your dog takes a crap why would you give out any information when a person starts talking to you?

And even if you did, now that the person knows about it why would they open the box? I would think most people would know when they're expecting a package to arrive so if you get a random package in the mail why even open it?

I don't really understand the benefit of Chase Quick Pay. yes, sending money is as quick and easy as sending an email, but did you hear the voice at the end of commercial? The deposits are available in 1 to 5 business days. Tell that to the babysitter or neighborhood kid mowing the lawn.

I use it all the time, and at least for a CHase to Chase transaction, it generally posts within minutes of accepting the transfer.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I don't really understand the benefit of Chase Quick Pay. yes, sending money is as quick and easy as sending an email, but did you hear the voice at the end of commercial? The deposits are available in 1 to 5 business days. Tell that to the babysitter or neighborhood kid mowing the lawn.

I use it all the time, and at least for a CHase to Chase transaction, it generally posts within minutes of accepting the transfer.

Yes, it's basically no different then writing a check, depending on the amount, or how your bank processes it, it will take more time.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Day two without power and it is expected to be at least another day or two before we have it again. I feel so Gilligan's Islandish.

Better head over to the other side of the island and find something awesome then.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Day two without power and it is expected to be at least another day or two before we have it again. I feel so Gilligan's Islandish.

If I had some coconuts, I'd have them shipped to you so you could make a radio.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 4 weeks later...
how come there aren't generic versions of candy bars?

Yeah..and why has no one brought this one back yet?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3588/3424843779_e850be64e2_z.jpg

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So, yeah...I ate some of these last week:

http://www.today.com/health/chobani-pulling-some-yogurt-over-quality-concerns-8C11073457

While I thought it was a little weird that the containers were "bloated", I ate them anyways. Then when one "exploded" in my briefcase on the way to work, I figured I probably should not eat that one and should throw the remaining containers out. Anyways, I did not experience any ill effects from eating this "bad" yogurt.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I've begun the process of splitting long topics to hopefully improve board performance, starting with this one. Old topics are allegedly closed (according to our moderator controls), but currently, the lock icons aren't showing up for some reason.

Splits from the original topic will be linked in the leads and in the final post.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

"What's Bugging You?" isn't split yet, but this thread shouldn't take forever to load. "What's Bugging You?" is next on the list.

The lock icons are back.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

There is small article in the journal/sentinel today about U.S. income gaps. I'm not trying to start a political or economic debate here. I'm just curious as to why whenever they do research regarding various income levels of Americans they use household income as the basis. Seems to me that not all households are created equal. One household may have 1 person another 8, 9, 10 or more. Also, some households have one wage earner and some have multiple wage earners. Lastly, a household in NY City with the same income level as a household in OK City does not have an equal standard of living.

Just seems to me that measuring everything by household income is like comparing apples and oranges. Maybe average income of each household divided by the number of individuals in a household would be a better starting point and then use some sort of cost of living factor depending on what region each house is in.

Again, this is statistical question/comment, not any type of political or economic question/comment.

I didn't read the article -- do you know for certain that they didn't adjust for factors like market/locale? Or that the "household income" number(s) themselves aren't adjusted much in the same way you're suggesting they could/should be?

Because otherwise, I'd have to agree that it'd be painting a very broad picture of a very nuanced topic.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I guess my point was that just about every article I read about average incomes in America refers to "average household income" and the articles never explain how this was calculated other than maybe saying things like "before tax, includes benefit payments, only includes wages of those over the age of 15, etc". So, the only assumption I can make is that they are taking the income of all households and averaging them. Which, if true, seems like a flawed methodology.

Archived